Author Topic: Crafting doll clothes for irregular dolls  (Read 1654 times)

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Crafting doll clothes for irregular dolls
« on: September 21, 2008, 09:48:57 pm »
I'm going to be dressing some dolls of mine up for a photo contest on LJ, but the problem is I have no idea how to go about with this. Not only have I never made doll clothes, only one of the three is humanoid. The other two are an exaggerated killer whale and a Godzilla-type reptile.

The humanoid thing and the whale thing will be getting suits, albiet cut very differently. Whale thing is also getting a bandanna. Godzilla thing is getting a waistcoat and a mullet. The mullet seems to be the easiest thing to make.

How would I go about even starting on something like this? Bear in mind I have no sewing machine so I'd like to keep stitching to a minimum (although given that there's buttons on the first jacket, a white emblem on the second jacket, and a large black patch on the waistcoat, there's bound to be *some* sewing involved).

...and if any of you can identify what these dolls are of and who I'm dressing them as, more power to you. The humanoid creature is somewhat feline and will be in orange.