Author Topic: 3rd Annual Portland Pirate Festival  (Read 2932 times)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
3rd Annual Portland Pirate Festival
« on: September 19, 2008, 09:25:10 am »
Arrrr, this weekend the quaint port o' land we know as Portland be laid under the hands of bilgerats the like ye've never seen! Captains and porters, brigands and belly-scratchers all alike shall scurry 'bout Cathedral Park in St. Johns for two whole days! The 20th and the 21st be those of the official Pirate Festival!

Thar'll be Grub, Grog, and performances to throw ye back to the days when cannons and ships were our pride, our judges and our juries! Thar'll also be Pirate Beach Battles, concerts by Captain Bogg & Salty and B.O.O.M. So, why not stop by and let yer black, skull-bedecked flag fly?

Single day tickets be $15 at the gate fer adults, 2-day passes be $20 at the gate for adults.

September 20th and 21st, Cathedral Park, St. Johns, OR
http://www.portlandpiratefestival.com

Aye then, come by and slash your polystyrene swords 'til your measly guts boil black! But of course, don't come without visiting The Pirate Cove at Lloyd Center. Stock up!

(And I realize this is short notice, heck, I won't even be able to make it, frustrating as that bit of news is to me. But I thought I'd post since it is talk like a pirate day after all.)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
Re: 3rd Annual Portland Pirate Festival
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 08:35:44 pm »
Hahaha, I'm definitely going here on Sunday! Wouldn't miss it for the world, aye!

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 09:39:53 pm »
I'm going sunday as well. tomorrow is a cosplay picnic and then rocky. but I have no piratey clothes to wear. T_T
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 09:58:17 pm »
Yes, I've already got plans for sat, can swing by on sunday though.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 08:57:52 am »
Damn! I cant make it today and I have to go to a wedding tomorrow. Stupid friends getting married during the pirate festival.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 09:01:52 am »
heh, I know how you feel. I've known about this for several years and always manage to miss it every time. Maybe next year, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!