Author Topic: Your dream cosplay?  (Read 313844 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Your dream cosplay?
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2008, 10:41:47 am »
wow that is a shock. But that costume would be amazing XD

It's like me and dressing up as a girl, I have only done it once and probably only that once XD

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2008, 10:47:16 am »

Hrist Valkyrie

http://itachiboss.i.t.pic.centerblog.net/feuc97s6.jpg

She's a total hard ass, okay bitch. But dammit I like her.

Wait, you dressing up as a girl?  XDDDDD

You know, that never accured to me. XD

I guess Hrist doesn't strike me as ' a girl' more as ..well I already stated.

But even the costume isn't the real problem, she's ..too pretty. I could never pull it off.

wow that is a shock. But that costume would be amazing XD

It's like me and dressing up as a girl, I have only done it once and probably only that once XD

Intersting story; I WAS going to dress as Rukia. When i was playing with my hair to see if I get it like hers, I realized it was long enough to do Renji. I'm soo glad I did.

Yea, Temari is one of those few female characters that girls can do without being an obnoxious little POS *cough* Linalee*
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 10:50:34 am by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2008, 11:02:36 am »
Yeah....most girls in anime are either slutty, useless, or annoying as hell....some times all three at once v.v

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2008, 03:42:18 pm »
Yeah....most girls in anime are either slutty, useless, or annoying as hell....some times all three at once v.v

That sort of thing makes me very sad, as I haven't had much success squashing myself down for crossplay.  (That said, Miranda aside -- and that was a completely deliberate and bemused choice -- I like to think I've steered clear of all three categories. :3 )

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2008, 03:54:36 pm »
main problem with anime is that you tend to see the same stereotypes over and over and over and over.  While Nikki described anime girls pretty well, the anime guys seems to be stupid, perverted, and overly violent.  its annoying really.

@ThiefKing
Hrist would be cool.  I love the Valkyire Profile series, though I'm a little disappointed in the 2nd game as Silmeria is more of a supporting character.  I guess she would be my dream character if I ever did a Valkyire Profile cosplay.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2008, 01:53:30 am »
Protoss dark templar!!
http://douglasinthejungle.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/protoss.jpg

could use like jump stilts for height, but the whole body paint/costume would be a problem, mask, gloves and the bvroooom bvrooom psi handblades =( i'd succumb to any trendy status quo to have a premium looking protoss costume
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2008, 09:19:03 am »
That's for me to know, and for you to one day find out.  ;D
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2008, 05:15:07 pm »
I added on another dream cosplay. I want to do seto kaiba with the crazy studded white jacket. and to have a jou-kun with me. :3 I have someone for that she just has to get the costume together.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2008, 08:19:22 pm »
I got another one too. Deedlit for Lodoss War

Offline Kona-chan

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2008, 08:31:40 pm »
I plan to do this, it just seems like a dream [ie:complicated]
Kumoricon '10
Monkey D. Luffy - One Piece
Zabuza - Naruto
Toothless - HTTYD

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2008, 08:41:31 pm »
Tell me about it. I plan on doing Deedlit without the armor but who knows if that is going to happen or not x.x

Offline Kona-chan

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2008, 08:47:22 pm »
oh the shoulder pads XD those oughtta be fun
I have noo idea how I'll attatch twin blades like that to my forearms, let alone make the saber toothed tiger skull on his head
Kumoricon '10
Zabuza - Naruto
Toothless - HTTYD

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2008, 09:03:17 pm »
yeah that does look like it would be extremely difficult

Offline Kona-chan

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2008, 09:10:09 pm »
well, I'm doing it for Sakuracon XD
so I still have around 4 months right?
[we should do more cosplay workshops when you have time nikkiolie] :D
Kumoricon '10
Zabuza - Naruto
Toothless - HTTYD

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2008, 09:13:36 pm »

Misato Katsuragi.
My heart goes "DOKI DOKI" around her. hahah.
I've loved her ever since I was 10 years old.XD is that strange that I do? haha.
I don't have the height or the beautiful body of hers. : [ so she is only a dream. [sniff]

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2008, 09:15:53 pm »
well, I'm doing it for Sakuracon XD
so I still have around 4 months right?
[we should do more cosplay workshops when you have time nikkiolie] :D

Yeah I want to do more. Maybe during winter break I can plan some....though they would be on a little bit of short notice because I have to work ^_^

Offline Kona-chan

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2008, 09:19:47 pm »
me too D:
although weekends are always open for me
and no homework to worry about :3

and Natalie dear......YOU CAN DO IT!! you're beautifullll
Kumoricon '10
Zabuza - Naruto
Toothless - HTTYD

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2008, 09:23:02 pm »
yeah if we did it during winter break I would be sure to schedule it on a weekend so you could make it ^_^

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2008, 01:04:35 am »
oh the shoulder pads XD those oughtta be fun
I have noo idea how I'll attatch twin blades like that to my forearms, let alone make the saber toothed tiger skull on his head

I've got a tip for the hair. A long time ago I read up on someone's blog about creating a really nice Shiva costume. She had this MASSIVE wig with huge braids, just like that dude. What she did was bundle together batting with yarn and then covered it in the wig hair or whatever. It looked absolutely fantastic.

Here's the site: http://www.katiebair.com/summoningshiva_hair.html
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2008, 07:54:39 am »
The Mad Hatter from Angel Sanctuary. I'm deeply considering doing this, but I'm not sure if I will yet. Not many people would probably know who I was. T.T And if I did it, I'm not sure if I'd have the wings or nod.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2008, 09:31:40 am »
I was really considering cosplay Rosiel Angel Sanctuary ....but that would cost a lot x.x

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2008, 12:54:43 pm »

It looks like the blades are attached to sort of bracer-like sleeve things.  You could make some bracers and attach the blades to those, then cover them with cloth or something to hide the attachment.
My Kumoricon 2008 photos can be found here.

Secret SakuraCon cosplay progress: 30%

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2008, 02:07:48 pm »
Yeah. I would agree. It looks like that Arrancar has some sort of glove on, too. Who is that? I've been reading Bleach, but I don't recognize that guy.

Also, with the braid, I would use four strands instead of three. That would make it easier to get the black and white switch off.

Vampire, I did a scratchboard of that black and white pic when I was in highschool. Haha. Memories. Siiigh. High school sucked. There's a ton of wing tutorials out there, even articulated wings so they open and close with your arms. I think that's one cosplay that people might not know who you are, but they could still appreciate it due to the design. It'd be easy enough to find the stockings and such at places like Fredericks of Hollywood or something. They might not have the lacework on the side, but they do have some with odd criss-cross lacings that might act as a substitute. :/

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2008, 04:18:48 pm »
I was really considering cosplay Rosiel Angel Sanctuary ....but that would cost a lot x.x

You're right. That would be expensive, but very beautiful. If you ever do this, let me know, cause I'll want pictures. ^^' I'm a bit disappointed it's so hard to find Angel Sanctuary cosplayers. o.o A group would be fun to get together sometime.

Vampire, I did a scratchboard of that black and white pic when I was in highschool. Haha. Memories. Siiigh. High school sucked. There's a ton of wing tutorials out there, even articulated wings so they open and close with your arms. I think that's one cosplay that people might not know who you are, but they could still appreciate it due to the design. It'd be easy enough to find the stockings and such at places like Fredericks of Hollywood or something. They might not have the lacework on the side, but they do have some with odd criss-cross lacings that might act as a substitute. :/

Lol. Yeah. It wouldn't be a particularly hard cosplay I suppose. I might just do it for one day....hmm....

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2008, 04:46:52 pm »
@nikki
.............0_0 that was my first costume for kcon 07. I plan on redoing her at ory con because more people will recognize me then. but I'm glad someone else shares the love for her. :3
da/tumblr

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2008, 04:49:05 pm »
Yeah I saw that you liked Lodoss War so I figured you knew her. I plan on doing her one day just not sure when it will be though =/ Maybe Sakuracon next year >_>

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2008, 04:54:56 pm »
so not this year for kcon or scon? I can't wait to see. ^_^  you said your only doing her dress?
da/tumblr

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2008, 05:36:35 pm »
I MAY end up doing it for Kumoricon but not the armor, just the dress.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2008, 06:57:43 pm »
that'd be cool if you did! I'd so take tons of pics of you. :3
da/tumblr

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2008, 08:38:58 pm »
As of right now that is the plan. But who knows what will happen. I can't sew and I know I am going to have to make that dress x.x

Offline Kona-chan

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2008, 11:52:34 pm »
Yeah. I would agree. It looks like that Arrancar has some sort of glove on, too. Who is that? I've been reading Bleach, but I don't recognize that guy.

Also, with the braid, I would use four strands instead of three. That would make it easier to get the black and white switch off.

it's Ggio Vega, he's only in it for like, 2-3 chapters? XD but I thought he was really cool, plus I could pull off his look easily...he fights Soi Fon
that's what I was thinking for the blades, I was thinking of thin durable plastic coated in thin sheet metal for the look...as for the hair that's a good idea! thank you, I just need to check the website for what I need...other problems I think I may encounter are: 1. How to do the saber tooth tiger skull? I'm guessing craft foam of some kind so it's not too heavy, attatched to a helmet or hat. and 2.the stripes on the bodysuit.....probably just fabric paint but they almost appear 3D or something.
Kumoricon '10
Zabuza - Naruto
Toothless - HTTYD

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2008, 12:31:42 am »
it's Ggio Vega, he's only in it for like, 2-3 chapters? XD but I thought he was really cool, plus I could pull off his look easily...he fights Soi Fon
[...] 1. How to do the saber tooth tiger skull? I'm guessing craft foam of some kind so it's not too heavy, attatched to a helmet or hat. and 2.the stripes on the bodysuit.....probably just fabric paint but they almost appear 3D or something.

Haha. That's right.

I would use paper clay for the saber tooth skull. Since it's paper pulp, it dries super light and pretty strong. It'd be easy to sand, too. It's kind of expensive, but if you make a core of aluminum foil or something, it will take up a lot of bulk. I've used that with Das Pronto air dry clay and it works out nicely.

You can always buy a heavier fabric to sew the stripes on if you wanted. If you used puff paint, it's hard to get a smooth surface with such a tiny little opening.

You can always use balsa wood with silver posterboard glued over it for the blades. It'd be light, thin, and cheap!

Offline Kona-chan

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2008, 03:20:30 pm »
thank you!
I just really hope to get it done by sakuracon, there's a lot of bleach cosplayers there XD
Kumoricon '10
Zabuza - Naruto
Toothless - HTTYD

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2008, 04:10:18 pm »
I wish you the best of luck ^_^

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2008, 04:22:07 pm »
I HAVE YET ANOTHER DREAM COSPLAY
http://media.photobucket.com/image/lelouch/CodeGeassFan_21/Lelouch%20Vi%20Britannia/Emperor%20Lelouch/ec49a5da1194d2ffe125a450ad0d2996e48.jpg?o=12

its beautifully Epic.
>.<
I wonder when I'd ever be able to afford it.
xD
Next con: Kumori-con

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2008, 05:51:55 pm »
that would be a really sweet costume. I would love to see it on you if you ever did get around to making it.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2008, 06:35:40 pm »
that would be a really sweet costume. I would love to see it on you if you ever did get around to making it.
Thanks Nikki!
v.v I probably won't have money for it, but I'm probably going to have a job by the time I want to get it.
so I'll save up!
^^

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2008, 06:39:10 pm »
Yeah I fully understand. Right now I have no money yet I still need things for my costumes x.x

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2008, 06:46:59 pm »
which one?
I'm currently trying to get money for a cosplay the same Character as my dream cosplay does....just not nearly as hard xDDD

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2008, 06:47:25 pm »
As of right now that is the plan. But who knows what will happen. I can't sew and I know I am going to have to make that dress x.x
I found mine at goodwill then just altered it. it was a total steal. :3 I hope things go well for you.
da/tumblr

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #140 on: December 03, 2008, 06:48:06 pm »
I was wondering if you did the armor and if you did how did you do it?
Do you have any pictures I would love to see it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 06:48:22 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #141 on: December 03, 2008, 06:52:01 pm »
well....I never finished the armor but I started on it. it was short notice on it too, so it sort of sucks. so i have no pics. (sorry) I'd say go check out other cosplayers that did her but....they've kind of failed in the armor department as well, as far as I could tell. some of them were good they just made it too big.
da/tumblr

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #142 on: December 03, 2008, 06:55:00 pm »
Yeah all the really good ones that I have seen just did the dress, is what I plan on doing.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2008, 06:56:35 pm »
well it'd still be cool to see that. and people will recognize you. not many but some. hopefully more then what I got. :/
da/tumblr

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2008, 06:58:46 pm »
Yeah I am looking forward to it. I figure not many people will recognize me that is why I am using Kimimaro for the line brigade.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #145 on: December 03, 2008, 07:07:26 pm »
that's smart. it sucked for me because that was my only real cosplay that year..and the wig was soooo evil. so. but I got my picture taken 4 times, got free cookies, and several mentions from people. it was okay for a first year. :3
da/tumblr

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #146 on: December 03, 2008, 07:11:04 pm »
Yeah I'm sure I am going to run into issues with the wig. I would love to use my real hair but there is no way in hell it is going to be that long by then x.x

So I will have to deal with a wig that will be heavy and get tangled easily x.x

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #147 on: December 03, 2008, 07:18:34 pm »
hey you just reminded me I actually have something to accomplish one of my dream cosplays. 0_0

how long is your hair now? last time I saw you it seemed pretty long to me. a little past the shoulders.
da/tumblr

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2008, 07:22:22 pm »
yeah it is a little past my shoulders, maybe two or three inches....but her hair is down to her lower back if not her but x.x

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #149 on: December 04, 2008, 12:39:41 pm »
I forgot about this guy. It's Kusuriuri from Mononoke. It'd be another crossplay for me, but I love this show so much.