Author Topic: AMV/ART Information Request.  (Read 3744 times)

Offline Oubeji

• Chibi
    • http://oubeji.deviantart.com/
AMV/ART Information Request.
« on: December 23, 2004, 12:36:22 pm »
I have been reading many of the threads just to find out about the information on Anime Music Video, and on art, but I cannot seem to find any. Not only are there less threads than I remember, the dates the thread has been posted seems to be off as well, and it's causing me to become confused. (@_@;)

I know the site is still under construction, but if anyone has the time to do so, little instruction on how to get started on AMV for those who never tried making one before, rules on what is allowed, and other tid bits that would help out the people who are intersted in making one. Also, for people who has never sold art before, step-by-step tutorial on how to make prints would be a great help.

I just wanted the information a little early this time so people will have time to prepare. I hope I am not being nosy on this, but I know there has been complaints from people who had to sort through the forum just to be kept updated on things that was going on.  

Thanks for reading this! I can't wait for the convention to start next year. :3
-A.I-

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 11:06:47 pm »
I know that Guy had started a thread and posted the rules, but it appears that his threads have been deleted... I think I might know why though...  :roll:  

It appears that threads started by guests were not transferred. Guy never seems to log in heh, so I think that that has something to do with it...

I will see if I can find the site he put up, one would think it would show up in my history somewhere, or perhaps someone else (maybe GUY?) can kindly post the link for you?

Anonymous

AMV Contest 2005 rules URL, etc.
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 11:26:10 pm »
Hello! Guy here!

Anyway here is a URL for the TEMPORARY rules page for the 2005 Kumoricon AMV contest:

http://www.ados.com/~guy1656/KumoriCon/2005-AMV.htm

My timeline from here on is as follows:

1) Shortly after New Year's I will 'freeze' the list of the top 15 over-used anime in AMV's This is used for the "New or Unseen" criterion in two of the four video categories.

2) The comment/suggestion period contiues till March. If a bunch of people feel that I'm doing one or more things TERRIBLY WRONG in setting forth the contest rules, we all have until March to bend and stretch the rules to fit what the majority of creators and our audience want.

3) I will begin accepting mail-in videos in March and have an in-my-hands cut-off date in early to mid-August. A panel of pre-screening judges (excluding me, for impartiality) will convene to make final decisions over what entries go where and (if we have too many for a category) then which ones get shown. Personally, my own interests vary, and it is VERY likely that I will show some of these videos which may not have made the final selection, as part of the (non-judged) AMV shows, if they seem like they would entertain the audience. LATE entries may be held over to the 2006 contest... (or not...)

Now, for help on AMV's, e-mail is the best way to reach me. However, as the contest coordinator, I promise to remain careful and not let my personal hints or correspondence  be construed as some way of biasing the selection or judging processes. So I cannot and will not extend unfair or unseemly advantages, but I will be happy to explain the rules and category definitions in detail if anyone has questions, and also offer some basic hints to the extent that no creation or collaboration is involved on my part.

If this sounds anything other than neutral or impartial, please let me know. My primary mission is to put together an entertaining show, which is all about the creators and all for the audience. To do that it's helpful all around to enable people to use the tools they have to create their message - to constuct their dream, if you will. Above all, this is supposed to be FUN!

- G

Offline Arcadium

• Oni
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 12:42:53 pm »
know the site is still under construction, but if anyone has the time to do so, little instruction on how to get started on AMV for those who never tried making one before

Honestly the best place to look for information on how to create an AMV, what software to use, the steps etc would be to go here:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/home/home.php