Author Topic: Hotel Help  (Read 5707 times)

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Hotel Help
« on: December 20, 2004, 05:38:20 pm »
Hi, I noticed you have the new group rate up so I decided to try and book a room. Problem is according to their system there isn't anything available?? I selected two beds, then it said that two beds weren't available. Then I selected one bed and it said that non-smoking wasn't available. I then tried to see if it would let me select a smoking room (which by the way I WILL NOT be staying if I have to stay in a smoking room) w/o bed preference and it STILL wouldn't let me book a room. Also, it showed the group rate as $114 instead of the $99 it's supposed to be. Could someone PLEASE tell me what's up? Has anybody else been having the same trouble???

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Hotel Help
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 05:46:00 pm »
Okay, well I've been playing around with it, and it appears that you HAVE to select two people/room to be able to make a reservation. Trouble is that it's still not showing any 2 bed rooms... Also, is that upgrade the "King bed Premium" then??

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
Hotel Help
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 06:09:28 pm »
Hmm, have you gotten it to work at all yet?  It should give you the option of having 2-4 people all at $99/night, and there should be an option for Premium rooms available at the same price for the first few people to register.
If you're still having trouble, I'd suggest calling the hotel directly to reserve the rooms, as they haven't had their online system in place for very long, so it might take some tweaking to get everything working correctly.
I'll place a call into the hotel this week and see if I can't get this straightened out.
~Sean Larson~

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Hotel Help
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 06:12:20 pm »
Oh, I would appreciate that. All I could get was the option of a queen standard room or a king premium room at the group rate. That was non-smoking for 2 people. None of the other options worked and no other rooms were available according to their system.

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Hotel Help
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 06:49:19 pm »
Okay, well I'm not exactly known for being patient, so I went ahead and called....

They told me that the double Queen rooms were already sold out... How's that? They said they still have some available for the regular rate, but not the group rate. They also said that the group rate of $99 is for 2 people, 3-4 people it's $114.

*sigh*... I think I'd need some help on this one. How'd we already run out of double bed rooms?? Also, uhmm that sux that they're trying to charge more for having more people in there. Not that it would be that easy to get 4 people in one king bed anyways... >.<

I was trying to avoid any trouble by getting this taken care of asap. I just saw the group code today and have been checking the site daily.... I'm not quite sure how this happened...

Let me know when you get some answers from them, please!!

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
Hotel Help
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 02:40:53 pm »
Okay, I'm going to have to have a talk with the hotel.  It should be $99/night no matter if there are 2-4 people in the room.  Unfortunately, this probably won't be fixed until after the holidays as they're on vacation and aren't available.
~Sean Larson~

Anonymous

Hotel Help
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2004, 01:05:21 pm »
That's fine... thanks for answering me so quickly. :)

Anonymous

Hotel Help
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 01:06:55 pm »
Doh! Sorry, that was me obviously... site hasn't been keeping me logged in since the changes...

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Hotel Help
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2004, 01:07:57 pm »
Grrr.... what a pain... only logs me in when I don't have the "keep me logged in" box checked...

Offline sukotto

• Cabbit
Hotel Help
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2005, 06:28:47 pm »
The reason it is probally $114 and not $99 is that there is a lodging tax in Oregon.

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Hotel Help
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2005, 11:01:23 am »
I just reserved my room, telling them I was gonna have two people in, and asking about adding 2 more and they told me an additional $15 person/night . I might just be dishonest and not tell them about the other 2 I will prolly add(is that how most people get rooms? 4 is not really room stuffing, compared to 7 in a room like I've seen before.  I think as more people get rooms they'll see a lot of 4 people to a room and not think twice about it, hopefully.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
Hotel Help
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2005, 03:10:14 pm »
I'll have to have another word with the hotel, they're not supposed to be charging for the extra 2 people.  It's supposed to be $99 for up to 4 people.  I have it in the contract, so I can go hit them for that.
~Sean Larson~

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Hotel Help
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2005, 06:52:01 pm »
Yeah, I was wondering about that. I was glad that things were showing up correctly w/2 people now, but I was waiting on it partially because of that...

oh, and sukotto... that was BEFORE taxes...