Author Topic: masquerade ball?  (Read 5553 times)

Offline Arumi

• Sailor Scout
masquerade ball?
« on: September 11, 2008, 11:39:10 am »
Okay, I'm not entirely sure if this is the right forum or not.. If it isn't, I'm sorry. ^^;; Anyways, I was curious to know if Kumoricon is going to have another Masquerade outside of the convention this year? Last year, I didn't manage to go since my mum didn't want me in portland without someone with me. But I think this year she woulden't mind so much. I've heard from a lot of friends who got to go that it was really fun, which makes me sad I missed it.(And the one at the con, actually, due to some miscomminucation. That's three of those now I missed >>;; )
So! If anyone can let me know if Kumori is planning another one, that'd be lovely. ^_^ Thanks!
-Arumi
MEWcon '10/'11
Silent Hill Nurse
Secret cosplay. ;3

Sakuracon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)
Blind Mag(Repo!)

Kumoricon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)-hopefully!

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: masquerade ball?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 11:40:42 am »
I may go this time whenever it is.

I think it should be about Jan or Feb that way it is kinda in between Kumoricon and will give us something to look forward to.

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 12:38:47 pm »
I would love to help run dances next year.  Right now, we can't commit to or plan much of anything.  Right now we are sort of a 'lame duck' board.  When the new board is in place then we/they can start working out mini-events for next year. 

Though, it would be good to hear about what events people would like to see again.  We <3 feedback.  I think we got the most feedback so far on the second dance, the swing dance. 
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 12:46:54 pm »
I completely understand that it would be too much of a hassle to plan something right now....the con did just end and you guys did a fantastic job. I have a hard time dealing with all the people that were at the picnic I planed so I can't even imagine how the staff does it at a con.

The one thing that I would like to see more of is events year round, or at least as con gets closer to help others reduce anticipation.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 12:48:26 pm »
^ Agreed. More events dispersed throughout the rest of the year would be great. I have a few ideas, but I'll save those for a better time to suggest them. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 03:20:01 pm »
well this is my first year actualy going to the mini events that happen through out the year but I would love to attend the ball :3 maybe make a bit more ball a little less rave?

I didnt go to the swing dance but it sounded like fun >.> if it hapens again I'ma have to practice my jitter bug! (yeah I can swing dance, and waltz. ._.)

and agreed that events through out the year would be nice, help ease the anticipation and then give us something to look forward to :3
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 05:22:39 pm »
I would definitely like to go. I've only gone to the ones at the cons, but I don't really want to pay that much for it since I'm cheap and all. XD  if it means seeing people from con then I'm gonna try to go.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Pezzer

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 05:34:24 pm »
... maybe make a bit more ball a little less rave?
I didnt go to the swing dance but it sounded like fun >.> if it hapens again I'ma have to practice my jitter bug! (yeah I can swing dance, and waltz. ._.) ...

if you had been at the dances you would know you didn't have to ask that. they had dance lessons and stuck to the appropriate themed music for the event. 

if you are interested in seeing these events happen talk to the new directors and possible start up the committees for the events. honestly we love doing events and the like but planning one a month for most of the year PLUS getting all the con work going is a bit much. so more help is welcome.
if you are reading this i have broken free

oslapedo

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 05:35:45 pm »
She might be referring to the masquerade at KCon. It was quite ravish.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 08:41:10 pm »
yeah I am ^-^;; I mentioned in my earlyer post I hadnt gone to these things (mini con events) before.

I took a peek inside the masquerade at kcon it was pretty ravish...

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 08:51:07 pm »
I would much rather it be like a ball (making me have to learn how to dance v.v)

Offline Arumi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 11:23:45 pm »
I would much rather it be like a ball (making me have to learn how to dance v.v)
I agree, just a full on ball type of thing would be awesome. :3 Though Nikki, if you need help with dancing, I can help a bit outside of whatever classes they may have. ^^ I know how to simply waltz, which isn't much, but it still helps~
MEWcon '10/'11
Silent Hill Nurse
Secret cosplay. ;3

Sakuracon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)
Blind Mag(Repo!)

Kumoricon '11

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 11:54:15 pm »
I may be able to help with dancing lesons ._. I took a ballroom dancing class a year or so ago for two years... i can do the waltz (spinning, moving while box trot, and a few others) >.> guy and girl, so I can teach the girls.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 08:20:53 am »
I could always take a dance class at school too ^_^

but thanks for the offers I may end up taking you up on them

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 09:08:46 am »
I'd very much like to attend a traditional masquerade ball, I've wanted to have an excuse to formally dance with Kahlan, it seems to much more fun than a rave or any other setting, heh. So yeah, if there were another masquerade ball, I'd be there for sure.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 09:28:36 am »
well.....you will have a reason to dance formally with her soon ::)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 09:30:51 am »
haha, oh yeah, haven't forgotten about that opportunity. ^_^

I just aim to have some experience before then so I don't look like a goofball dancing for the first time at the wedding. And I really want an excuse to make a Darcia mask to wear at a masquerade, hehe.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 09:38:58 am »
yeah now that is another good reason to want to go to the ball. I would love to see a Darcia mask.....I saw the one at Kumoricon and I loved it ^_^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 09:46:24 am »
Yeah! That Darcia was great, and the fact that (s)he was with a whole Wolf's Rain group was even better.

But yeah, I have wanted to make a Darcia mask since I watched show, and the ball would be a great opportunity, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Arumi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 11:11:39 am »
Huhuhu, turns out that a Masquerade ball is sounding better every day, then. X3 I sure do hope there is one this year, then~ If not, I wonder if some of us con-goers would be able to manage to set one up. Oo Ohh, that'd be really hard to do~-thinks-
MEWcon '10/'11
Silent Hill Nurse
Secret cosplay. ;3

Sakuracon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)
Blind Mag(Repo!)

Kumoricon '11

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 11:47:27 am »
Huhuhu, turns out that a Masquerade ball is sounding better every day, then. X3 I sure do hope there is one this year, then~ If not, I wonder if some of us con-goers would be able to manage to set one up. Oo Ohh, that'd be really hard to do~-thinks-

Well, one of the key things to us having lots of smaller events next year is people to help us staff and organize it.  We have sound equipment and online reg and other systems in place so we have alot of resources for a dance.  When the next board is in and these events are being looked at, offering to cover the reg desk at the entrance part of the time, staff the kitchen or concessions or stay for clean up would really help. 

Oh, and also people who will volunteer to help promo the dance would be awesome.  I ran around going flyer drops for both dances, but having a few helpers to get the word out that the dances exist would be really awesome.  For both dances, we kept hearing after the dance from people who would've gone if they'd've known about them.  Good attendence and good feedback helps these events to continue. 

2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp