Author Topic: Gustav @ 94.7fm might play some J-Rock on "Passport Approved"  (Read 13655 times)

Offline neko_goes_nyaaa

• Sailor Scout
Gustav @ 94.7fm might play some J-Rock on "Passport Approved"
« on: September 11, 2008, 09:48:17 am »
He finally got the CD's I mailed off (had some MUCC, some Diru, and Blood Stain Child on 'em)
and I've been hounding him to play JRock stuff over the air, he says he could play some on
his show "Passport Approved," also the phone number for 94.7 is (503) 733-5470, so if you
could also call in and request songs off the tracklists in my blog post, that'd rock. ^_^

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=411110538&blogID=432002921
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 11:33:50 am by neko_goes_nyaaa »

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
Re: Gustav at 94.7 FM might play some Dir en grey on "Passport Approved"
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 10:23:24 am »
That's awesome! That's one of the very few stations I actually listen to.

Offline SpearXXI

• Sailor Scout
    • Myspace
Re: Gustav @ 94.7fm might play some J-Rock on "Passport Approved"
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 02:17:49 pm »
Sweet! Too bad you didn't include Ayumi Hamasaki or Shiina Ringo, because they probably would have fit the alternative rock format a little better. *crosses fingers* Hopefully more Jrock gets on the air.

oslapedo

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 04:07:09 pm »
OH SNAP! I called in and talked to Gustav before, I lubs him! Too bad I don't live close enough to get 94/7 any more though XD

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 04:13:08 pm »
I've met Gustav before he's really tall and very chill.

I did that perfect playlist in person thing and got some free stuff out of it plus got everyone in portland to listen to ska for a few minutes again :D
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 06:52:28 pm »
Hehe most of the people at my work hate Gustav...so when he's on people get really pissy.  Ah well. But that would cool if he played dir en grey or something.

Offline SpearXXI

• Sailor Scout
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 11:09:33 pm »
OH SNAP! I called in and talked to Gustav before, I lubs him! Too bad I don't live close enough to get 94/7 any more though XD

Well, most radio stations can be streamed online now; however, 94.7 requires you to create an account, which takes two seconds. *shrug*

On a side note, my dad had this CD-ROM of a press kit to businesses about the growing popularity of alternative music in the late 90s.

Anyways, I hope they do play some Dir en grey. We could also try and bug KUFO through their My Rock playlist, where people can submit any 10 songs, and have them played on the radio. Granted if they can't find it, they won't play it, but I have heard some stuff that I would never had expected. Oh, and KUFO also streams online, so anyone can submit a playlist.

Offline lin_hikaru_7

• Sailor Scout
    • [chaoTIC QUIXOtic]
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 11:13:01 pm »
Sweet! Too bad you didn't include Ayumi Hamasaki or Shiina Ringo, because they probably would have fit the alternative rock format a little better. *crosses fingers* Hopefully more Jrock gets on the air.

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY!

ANOTHER RINGO FAN!

Seriously, you are only the second person in all of Kumori-dom aside from me who knows that crazy woman!

Although I can't see how Ayu would ever be considered alt...
cosHISTORY

Sakura Con 06
   Kinomoto Sakura ~pink kitty ver~

Kumori Con 06
   Olette ~khii~
   Marlene ~ffviiac~

Kumori Con 07
   Elena ~ffviibc~

Kumori Con 08
   Elena ~ffviibc~
   Hatsune Miku ~vocaloid~

Offline SpearXXI

• Sailor Scout
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 11:25:54 pm »

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY!

ANOTHER RINGO FAN!

Seriously, you are only the second person in all of Kumori-dom aside from me who knows that crazy woman!

I was thinking someone like they could play "End of the World" or something by Ayu. lol Oh, yes Ringo is awesome! I stumbled onto her someone about a year or two ago, and really like her stuff. It has a nice blend of genres. The only album I have heard of hers is Shiina Ringo - Shôso Strip (Lawsuit Winning Strip). If anyone is interested, check out this song of hers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG3hVYGjjGg Oh, and The Pillows would also be an easy fit in the knrk playlist.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 11:27:15 pm by SpearXXI »

Offline neko_goes_nyaaa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 08:18:26 am »
Anyways, I hope they do play some Dir en grey. We could also try and bug KUFO through their My Rock playlist, where people can submit any 10 songs, and have them played on the radio. Granted if they can't find it, they won't play it, but I have heard some stuff that I would never had expected. Oh, and KUFO also streams online, so anyone can submit a playlist.

Yeah, thinking about doing KUFO now too, since Gustav's kinda acting like Dir en grey isn't gunna fit his station cuz its "borderline metal." Sorry I got y'alls (and mines) hopes up... u.u

« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 08:24:39 am by neko_goes_nyaaa »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 08:59:46 am »
Borderline metal.....so what is 94.7's target music genre then? I haven't listened in years because they stopped playing good music, plain and simple, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 11:29:32 am »

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY!

ANOTHER RINGO FAN!

*raises hand* I'm a Ringo fan too lol

Borderline metal.....so what is 94.7's target music genre then? I haven't listened in years because they stopped playing good music, plain and simple, lol.

I guess it's like alt/indie rock?

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 11:30:32 am »
Yeah, seems like Kufo would be a better station to shoot for, though radio in general is pretty unreliable.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 11:37:01 am »
Hahah yup. That's why I don't listen to the radio any more

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 11:39:29 am »
Thank you. *high five*

I have found more music avoiding the radio than I ever did when I actually listened to it. So what does this show you? The radio keeps the masses hooked on the same 6 artists over the span of a year, lol.

Anyway, I don't mean to be a radio-free rosco, so off I go, lol.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 11:39:45 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline SpearXXI

• Sailor Scout
    • Myspace
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 11:40:08 am »

They dropped most of their rock, and went for more alternative to indie to contemporary to electronica, etc. It is not the same knrk that it used to be, when they had a dj dungeon, but that was YEARS ago. lol I don't like Entercom that much anyways, because their automation can be flaky at times, and they have poor set lists usually on all of their stations.... But they have classic rock, with some requests in the morning/afternoon, so that is a redeeming factor!

But seriously, we should all do Myrock playlists, and include at least one Dir en grey song off of the two most recent albums, because I don't think they could get a hold of any copies of their older stuff. lol

Here is the link:
http://www.kufo.com/pages/1489828.php?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 11:43:53 am »
Okay, that is awesome. I really like that MyRock thing. I am definitely going to start doing that. It's a great suggestion and hey, it will rope me in to listening on Mondays, heh.

They're gonna get so much metal requests they won't know what to do with it. (I'm half-kidding, because I know if I request anything to out there they just won't even know what it is, but still.....) ^_^

Thanks for the suggestion!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline SpearXXI

• Sailor Scout
    • Myspace
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 12:01:04 pm »
No problem! I got free tickets to Warped Tour this year, when they did the Warped Tour themed My Rock. :) I got to see MC Chris and Oreskaband. lol Oh, correction, they play My Rock every weekday from 11pm-midnight. I usually don't listen to the radio, unless there are people talking, and I'm playing online. lol

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 01:34:16 pm »
I listen to 94.7fm usually for...Love Line! haha :)

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 02:29:10 pm »
Thank you. *high five*

I have found more music avoiding the radio than I ever did when I actually listened to it. So what does this show you? The radio keeps the masses hooked on the same 6 artists over the span of a year, lol.

Anyway, I don't mean to be a radio-free rosco, so off I go, lol.

I totally agree haha.

Not to razz American radio/artists, but I mean, it takes like an average of what, 1 or 2 years to come out with a single or album. Who can wait that long anyway? Japanese artists release music fast like crazy whoa haha

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 03:37:39 pm »
^ That's true, but in general, aren't about 75% of Japanese releases singles? It is a lot easier to release a single than it is a whole album, for obvious reasons, lol.

But no, I'm not razzing Japanese artists either. It is just an observation I've made that most Japanese artists have huge discography lists because they release about 5 singles for every 1 full album.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline SpearXXI

• Sailor Scout
    • Myspace
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 03:47:17 pm »
^ That's true, but in general, aren't about 75% of Japanese releases singles? It is a lot easier to release a single than it is a whole album, for obvious reasons, lol.

But no, I'm not razzing Japanese artists either. It is just an observation I've made that most Japanese artists have huge discography lists because they release about 5 singles for every 1 full album.
With that high of a turnover rate, I would gladly listen to the radio more often. lol I tend to like most of the songs that *don't* get put on the US radio stations, but if they played more from the albums that could change my opinion. In addition, if there is more and more singles played on the radio that would force artists to innovate their sound, unless they just want to release the same type of song over and over again. **cough** nickleback **cough** *shudder*

Offline lin_hikaru_7

• Sailor Scout
    • [chaoTIC QUIXOtic]
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 06:22:42 pm »
@SpearXXI

Funny you should choose to share that song, it's one of my favorites of hers.

About the whole radio thing, yeah I don't listen. Except to the oldies stations (pre-1980), and maybe some NPR and Jazz-ish stuff.

Even then it's hard to find a station for oldies, the one I'd listened to for years went off the air (it'll come back eventually, it always does) and the new one I listen too has too much borderline eighties music.

Maybe KBOO would play something? They are kind of local alternative, perhaps somebody exploit the fact that Japan is related to Portland via lots of things, including a sister city. Actually, I do already know that they had an East Asian music programme at one point in time.
cosHISTORY

Sakura Con 06

Kumori Con 06
   Olette ~khii~
   Marlene ~ffviiac~

Kumori Con 07
   Elena ~ffviibc~

Kumori Con 08
   Elena ~ffviibc~
   Hatsune Miku ~vocaloid~

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 09:48:59 pm »
Is Love Line still Dr. Drew and Adam Carrola? I'm appreciating Adam the more I hear from him or see him. He really is an interesting guy, I think. Although The Man Show didn't make anyone look good, so I blame that for giving me a bad idea of the guy.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline SpearXXI

• Sailor Scout
    • Myspace
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2008, 12:29:43 am »
Is Love Line still Dr. Drew and Adam Carrola? I'm appreciating Adam the more I hear from him or see him. He really is an interesting guy, I think. Although The Man Show didn't make anyone look good, so I blame that for giving me a bad idea of the guy.

No, Adam left a long time ago, and the last time I listened to Love Line it was really tame. *sigh*

Quote from: lin_hikaru_7
Funny you should choose to share that song, it's one of my favorites of hers.

About the whole radio thing, yeah I don't listen. Except to the oldies stations (pre-1980), and maybe some NPR and Jazz-ish stuff.

Even then it's hard to find a station for oldies, the one I'd listened to for years went off the air (it'll come back eventually, it always does) and the new one I listen too has too much borderline eighties music.

Maybe KBOO would play something? They are kind of local alternative, perhaps somebody exploit the fact that Japan is related to Portland via lots of things, including a sister city. Actually, I do already know that they had an East Asian music programme at one point in time.
Yeah, that was the song that really got me into her. I also really like Tsumi to batsu. The oldies station you are referring to, was it 97.1 Kissen FM? What happened with that station is they switched it to AM, and then a different company did a similar format on FM, so they just dumped the station entirely.

Offline neko_goes_nyaaa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 09:32:06 am »

But seriously, we should all do Myrock playlists, and include at least one Dir en grey song off of the two most recent albums, because I don't think they could get a hold of any copies of their older stuff. lol

Here is the link:
http://www.kufo.com/pages/1489828.php?

I mailed another set off to KUFO yesterday.
The contents of those CD's were as follows:

Dir en grey:

01: SHINSOU (intro track)
02: AUDIENCE KILLER LOOP
03: OBSCURE
04: CHILD PREY
05: THE IIID EMPIRE
06: SHOKUBENI
07: AMBER
08: MERCILESS CULT
09: C
10: SAKU
11: JESUS CHRIST R N R
12: KODOU
13: THE FINAL
14: HIGEKI WA MABUTA
15: THE PLEDGE
16: NAMAMEKASHIKI ANSOKU
17: RYOUJOKU NO AME
18: CLEVER SLEAZOID
19: DOZING GREEN
20: CONCIEVED SORROW (piano mix)

MUCC:

01: GENTOU SANKA
02: ZETSUBOU
03: BOUZENJISHITSU
04: WARE ARUBEKI BASHO
05: ROJIURA BOKU TO KIMI E
06: KUUKYO NA HEYA
07: NAGEKI NO KANE
08: GOKUSAI
09: GERBERA
10: HORIZONT
11: FUKURO NO YURIKAGO
12: NURITSUBU SUNARA ENJI
13: ANJELIER
14: FUZZ
15: LIBRA
16: RYUUSEI

I ended up having to go grab it out of the mailbox once I read
that there was a -10- song limit and not 5 like Passport Approved,
cut a hole and printed a longer list of songs, and taped it back up.

Dir en grey:
01 - The Final
02 - Kodou
03 - The Pledge
04 - Ryoujoku no Ame
05 - DOZING GREEN

MUCC:
06 - Zetsubou
07 - Bouzenjishitsu
08 - Rojiura Boku to Kimi E
09 - Gokusai
10 - LIBRA
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 12:50:43 pm by neko_goes_nyaaa »

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2008, 05:27:46 pm »
That's cool. I used to listen to 94.7 years ago and then stopped because I thought the DJs talked too much. But a few years ago, I turned back to them and now I really like their new format, which is less talk, more music (it doesn't even need to be a song that I like, but at least it's music). However, I don't much like the Perfect Playlist set because sometimes, the people aren't that interesting (or rather, THEY talk too much).

And I'm not sure if Visual Kei Jrock is the most appropriate for 94.7. I think L'Arc en Ciel or even some of M.O.V.E.'s music is more to what the station plays.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2008, 07:37:41 am »
Oh Gustav, he's such a nice little geek. I listened to 94.7 knrk back in the early "aughts" when Gustav and Daria had their morning show and Adam and Dr. Drew were still running Love Line. those were the days.
*nostalgic haze*

Now I only turn the radio on when I'm too lazy to plug in the mp3s or put in a CD. And that has to be when I'm not near the computer.

Vallie and I would probably listen to more radio if our WAGON had a radio in it.  :(
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline lin_hikaru_7

• Sailor Scout
    • [chaoTIC QUIXOtic]
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2008, 11:17:28 pm »

Yeah, that was the song that really got me into her. I also really like Tsumi to batsu. The oldies station you are referring to, was it 97.1 Kissen FM? What happened with that station is they switched it to AM, and then a different company did a similar format on FM, so they just dumped the station entirely.

Yep, it was KISN. They were actually the oldest popular radio station in the US for a while, having played the songs now considered oldies when they were new. My Mom vouches that they have gone offf the air for stretches in the past, but usually come back when the call numbers free up? The station that did the other format must be K-Hits, I think they have a few of KISN's old djs too...

It was Le Salle de Bain that really clinched my love of Ringo.
cosHISTORY

Sakura Con 06

Kumori Con 06
   Olette ~khii~
   Marlene ~ffviiac~

Kumori Con 07
   Elena ~ffviibc~

Kumori Con 08
   Elena ~ffviibc~
   Hatsune Miku ~vocaloid~