Author Topic: possible fun (non-cosplay) jewlry  (Read 4801 times)

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
possible fun (non-cosplay) jewlry
« on: September 11, 2008, 10:38:55 pm »
i was thinking of storing up stuff to finally to a booth of some kind this year (i think i might even be aiming to have my **** together for this mewcon sillyness)

this is one of those scrabble necklaces, i made it for my cousin, just a little alice etching rip on there. i dunno i think they are kinda fun, and would be cute with little nerdy things on them.  i guess they could be earrings too with the right findings. could also make them into proper squares, circles and heart shaped pendants.

i dunno, lemme know what you think.
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: possible fun (non-cosplay) jewlry
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 10:43:13 pm »
That's a very cute design and I could totally see myself going for a product like that. So is it an image fixed to a scrabble piece? lol If so that's brilliant creativity.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 10:45:35 pm »
yeah this particular one is on a scrabble piece. though i think you could probably do it on anything you could get your hands on as long as it was mostly flat.
Commissioning again!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 10:48:29 pm »
Ah, well yeah that is a pretty clever use of what you have lying around.

But still, if I saw that at a con, depending on the anime, I'd probably get a few.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 11:00:53 pm »
liiiiiiiiiiiike?

i have to say i am largely out of the mainstream loop, more into videogames and short anime.  i mean there are classic obvious choices like say...dbz, or like...i dunno naruto, one piece, full metal alchemist, bleach whatever the kidz are into these days.

but i could do pretty much anything, also i think small things could be imbeded in the acrylic coating, like gears....
Commissioning again!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 11:07:28 pm »
Ah, well I'm in a similar situation as you, I really am not going with the flow of modern anime fans, not too well, heh. I follow games a lot also. There are a few big ones I like, like Fullmetal Alchemist and Death Note, but those are about the biggest ones.

Other Games/Anime/Manga I'd buy from are: Final Fantasy, Wolf's Rain, Azumanga Daioh, Akira, Outlaw Star, Requiem from the Darkness, Ninin ga Shinobu-den (this one would be absolutely awesome, haha), Ragnarok, Detroit Metal City. There are more, but these are what I can think of at the moment.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 04:03:52 pm »
now i feel compelled to make an onsakumaru one....

the silly thing is that i dont think at this point in my life i would personally wear one of these (at least with an anime/game character design), i am kinda phasing into a neo-victorian wardrobe, and this sort of accessory just dosnt fit. i would have loved this kinda thing when i was younger though.
Commissioning again!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 09:02:03 pm »
Ah, well that makes sense though. People go through phases. You could always modify the accessory to fit a Neo-Victorian style, if you really wanted. Or, branch out and make more accessories. I'd be just as open to buying some gothic/Victorian jewelry as anything else. I actually have way more accessories in that category than in the anime/otaku venue, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 09:09:33 pm »
yeah no totally,

i mean i make all kinds of stuff all the time, this is just this new method im testing out.
from a marketing standpoint (if im going to be doing a booth at a con, local retail aside) i would need to do some of the anime themed stuff, it would just be silly not to. ands not that i wouldnt like a companion cube necklace, i might even buy it, but with my wardrobe (and to a lesser extent the whole being 23 thing) i feel like i would have a hard time finding occasion to wear it.
Commissioning again!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 09:14:19 pm »
Yeah, that's good, keeping an understanding of the marketing aspect. I'd say for sure you could have a market for the necklaces at Kumoricon (or any con), although it might be good to have a few variations on the design (maybe a charm bracelet style, too?).

But I know what you mean. I've taken up beading over the past year or two, and most of it falls under a gypsy/pirate style, but I have made one or two that clearly target the otaku. While I love them all (like my own kids), it is kind of weird wearing the cutesy/anime ones with all my other "regulars".

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!