Author Topic: Creation Station thank yous; feedback welcomed!  (Read 1965 times)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Creation Station thank yous; feedback welcomed!
« on: September 02, 2008, 05:54:00 pm »
A huge thank you to Jaki, Mike, Misty, Cassie, Julie, Copic Markers, Larry from Doubletree, and everyone from outside of Creation Station who helped us have such a dreamily perfect year! We were pretty much always full, yet not overly so, and everything went off seamlessly!

A huge thank you to all our staff, panelists, and volunteers (Audrey, Sandi, Kasa, Kate, Jeni, Kets, Blackjack, Derek, Mouse, Cassie again, Heather, Cecil, Kayla we love you even when we miss you while you're in Artists' Alley!, Kitty and her posse, Chex, Catboy who ran our Webcomics panel, and a special thank you to Steve Croxton, for being such a reliable anchor for everyone!

A huge thank you to everyone from Programming Suite for turning that room from somewhere I got my head bit off for trying to do my job last year, to somewhere it was truly a treat to go to this year, functioning smoothly, efficiently, and cordially! (Jaki again, her mom, Julie, Eddie, Andrew....)

A huge thank you to every contest participant! (Please see Contests forum for threads listing winners of our Fan Art and Fan Fic contests). A huge thank you to every event and panel participant!

Special shout outs to Mellonemrys for Best Prop at Fanfic Theatre (a campfire that lights up!) and to Roget for best ambience and vocal performance!

I'm still giggling about many of the quips from Fanfic Theatre, Fanfic Bedtime Stories, and Scenes from a Hat, and hoping to see footage from Story, Story, Die!

Anyone I may have inadvertantly forgotten to mention, I love you too, and please come back!

Emily--I can't wait to read the rest of In Elysium!
Loch--You've got to finish that Mini-Manga by next KC and show us!

Anyone and everyone who wants to help continue Kumoricon's legendary status as *the* con that founded the tradition of having rooms set aside all con for fan creation programming-- these groups are for you!

kumoricon_fanfiction@yahoogroups.com -- Mostly for authors, editors, and enthusiasts to network

the_creation_station@yahoogroups.com -- The crew that runs such programming at multiple cons: Kumoricon, Anime Evolution, Otafest, Chibi Chibi Con. Formerly Sakuracon. Possibly adding MEW Con -- or others. Everything you see us do at Kumoricon started from a congoer having a clever idea of what might be fun and/or educational to offer at a con....You can be next! Your ideas and feedback are always welcome-- and we're always looking for new panels, events, panelists, volunteers, staff, donors (of, e.g., art supplies you're no longer using, writing reference books for our reference library, etc.), etc.!

We're working on other ways to be in touch with us....More as we develop it!

PS A personal thank you to Dawn for help last night.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 07:39:28 pm by RemSaverem »
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
Re: Creation Station thank yous; feedback welcomed!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 04:55:36 pm »
Creation Station <3 !!
If I wasn't working in the Game Room, Art Show, or Game Room, I was in the Creation Station just because of the artistic aura XD
I thought the panels were interesting, too, so I stayed for those even if I don't do any of them like fics or coloring ^^;;
I hope I can donate some more lineart for you next year!

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 04:58:47 pm »
Roget, was that the guy who came in at random and started acting out the Gundam Wing fic? The guy with the white wig who painted your arm?

Because he was all kinds of awesome, but I don't think I caught his name.

If that's not him, then I feel like I'm missing out.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 07:38:53 pm »
@ Dshwshr:
I really hope that you run Art Show next year and that we collaborate; and I really hope that you get at least one Assistant to help you so you can come frolic in our rooms! You're the best "neighbor" we've had :)

Oh and yes please, we would love to have some of your work be amongst our Coloring Pages for our contest...and in case you didn't notice, the founder of our Coloring Page contest, Bastett, had one of her coloring pages, that was line art with large enough areas for chibis to color, also in the Chibi room and even in the Con Book itself! Yes that is a hint, Wade!!

@ Blackjack:
Yes, that's Roget. He didn't give me his contact info....he was totally a highlight of Fanfic Theatre! Roget, if you're out there, join the_creation_station@yahoogroups.com!

BTW I'm editing the list above....it actually came to me in a dream that I'd neglected to thank dear Catboy who ran our Webcomic panel!
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 07:55:30 pm »
Heh, I actually roomed with Bastett at Kcon ^^  She liked my greyscale pic of the mirror images, so I gave it to her.
Yeah, you can always count on me to enter a couple of your art contests. Maybe I'll go bigger next year and go for the mascot XD 
I can't say I was THAT amazing of a neighbor, but I'll do it again if you say 'please' ~_^  Just make sure I can hit the restroom a couple times a day...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 10:49:35 pm »
Heh, I actually roomed with Bastett at Kcon ^^  She liked my greyscale pic of the mirror images, so I gave it to her.
Yeah, you can always count on me to enter a couple of your art contests. Maybe I'll go bigger next year and go for the mascot XD 
I can't say I was THAT amazing of a neighbor, but I'll do it again if you say 'please' ~_^  Just make sure I can hit the restroom a couple times a day...

Well I'm not the Programming Director, and Art Show isn't under Creation Station, but I'll definitely say please to both you and the Programming Director...and now that you're in the yahoo groups, finding coverage will be easier :)

Meantime eeeeek I hope you kept a copy, else I'll have to track down Kerry...I really want a copy of that mirror pic!!!!!!