Author Topic: Last Exile '09  (Read 7421 times)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Last Exile '09
« on: September 04, 2008, 08:47:23 pm »
Early starts for cosplay! I've had a couple of my friends as well as seeing some people on the forums with interest in this so I figured I could get this started up.

I'm going to try my hardest to make sure I have some time to cosplay as Lavi and katayamadono has shown interest of wanting to cosplay as Dio. My boyfriend wants to join in too but he's not sure of what character he'd be yet.

Any other takers?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 10:24:34 pm by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Re: Last Exile '09
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 08:49:58 pm »
Seriously Pat, do it. It'd be amazing if we could get the whole cast and not have it fall through like Baccano! did >:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 08:50:20 pm by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 09:31:04 pm »
Nikki, I love you for this. I actually very much so want to do a Lord Dio cosplay, although I could probably do a Claus as well. If I did Dio it would be this version:

2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline katayamadono

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 10:25:37 pm »
Oh man, totally there. <3 Dio sooooo much!

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 11:02:25 pm »
My sister really wants to be Dio.  I'd be her Lucciola, and we'd run around in character the entire con.  (Crap, I'll have to carry all our swag >.<)  If we could find a Claus, I'm sure she'd be thrilled.  Also, she's absolutely in love with Alex, so if anyone cosplays him.... watch out....

It would be awesome to get the entire cast together!
My Kumoricon 2008 photos can be found here.

Secret SakuraCon cosplay progress: 30%

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 11:15:31 pm »
@Trumby: Join us Anthony...you know you want to.

I'm so glad there's a good response to want to do this. From briefly speaking about it with my boyfriend he wants to be the soldier guy with the black hair the most (who's name just slips my mind at the moment). Dunno if that will work out though. I need a Clause if I'm gonna be Lavi though D:

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Freya

• Oni
    • honey-vanity.org
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 11:16:50 pm »
Wow, this makes me so happy! I've always wanted to cosplay Maestro Delphine, sooooo...maybe!
「 Mentos, diet coke, "reaction" - just make me happy. 」

2008 コスプレー
Matsumoto Rangiku (Bleach)

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 07:38:03 am »
The musketeer? Mullin Shetland. Hmm no he has brown hair.

I'm thinking if I were to do Claus I would probably do the flight suit version when he flies with Tatiana. And I'm making my girlfriend watch this show to see if she wants to cosplay from it.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 10:17:25 am »
The musketeer? Mullin Shetland. Hmm no he has brown hair.

I'm thinking if I were to do Claus I would probably do the flight suit version when he flies with Tatiana. And I'm making my girlfriend watch this show to see if she wants to cosplay from it.

That guy. I'm almost thinking about changing doing Lavi to his love intrest but the whole reason I started wanting to do this cosplay was because I have a wig that would be perfect for it. Ah, oh well. And I hope your girlfriend likes it and joins us :D

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline jing

• Cabbit
    • ohSNAP photography
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 11:20:48 pm »
May i join as Sophia or even Clause ;o;!!! i love her a lot--

did anyone get to see the Sophia and Alex this year?! I saw them while they were in the elevator and was not able to take their photo. It was more like "OMG LAST EXILE!!! SOPHIA! *door closes on elevator." THEY WERE AMAZING ;_; the whole weekend i hoped to bump into them.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 08:52:43 pm »
May i join as Sophia or even Clause ;o;!!! i love her a lot--

did anyone get to see the Sophia and Alex this year?! I saw them while they were in the elevator and was not able to take their photo. It was more like "OMG LAST EXILE!!! SOPHIA! *door closes on elevator." THEY WERE AMAZING ;_; the whole weekend i hoped to bump into them.

A'course! Still excited at how many possible LE cosplayers we're getting.

I'm still planning on doing Lavi but now I have a super expensive and hard cosplay that I have to do for '09 so it will all depend on my money status.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 09:46:46 am »
2 years ago I made an Alex Rowe costume for Guy.... I loaned it to ConChair Mike during Kumoricon this year (he wore it on Monday...so if you went to closing ceremonies, you saw it). Since Mike is so much taller than Guy, the sleeves are too short, but I think Mustache could fit in it fine... So there - Patrick - you can borrow that costume to do Alex if you want.  :D

And I'll do my best to make Sophia this year. I'd intended to make it earlier, but never got around to making it... the fabric has been 'aging' nicely.

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 05:17:31 pm »
I can be Mullin shetland?
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline ZakkKurama

• Sailor Scout
    • Animes Watching: I Need to UPDATE!
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 02:26:47 am »
I was thinking about doing LAST EXILE [I LOVEE THAT ANIME] but I havent decided on what character I want to be yet,

Offline Dapan Chan

• Cabbit
    • Deviantart Account
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 09:34:25 pm »
Ohhh mannn Last Exile is so unappreciated man!
But yeah, I saw the Alex and Sophia cosplay last year!
I EVEN SNAPPED A SHOT!!!

TAKE THAT!!!
[/ pages stretch galore]

Anyway but like... it's hard... the only character I'm mildly interested in cosplaying is Delphine (young flashback version) but even then I don't think I could pull it off.

So yeah... if you organize a group that would be awesometastic I most likely would... worship you?
Meh, maybe not that extreme but yeah.
LOST MY FUJIFILM FINEPIX J10!!!
I put it on the missing board and accidentally labeled it a Nikon.
PLEASE CONTACT IF FOUND

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 11:06:39 pm »
I saw them too! They were so wonderful and made my day.
My friends and I dropped this out of our plans for the year. Maybe someday?
I still would love to see some Last Exile cosplayers at con though.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 09:05:31 am »
OMG I DID NOT KNOW THERE WAS A THREAD FOR THIS D:

I LOVE Last Exile and thank you for posting the Alex and Sophia picture from last years' con Dapan Chan! I saw them as well, but my memory card had been full by then! A(^-^)R(-^ )I(^ )G( )A( ^)T( ^-)O(^-^)~♪

And I would SO cosplay LE for the con this year but my schedule is already FULL! T.T Is anybody thinking of bringing theirs to 2010? I WILL BE <3

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 12:59:15 pm »
I still might. I really want to find a Clause and do Lavi and Clause's Sylvana outfits. Or even the outfits from the beginning, I guess the only thing that would make me not do LE would be not finding a Clause.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 02:21:32 pm »
Hmm, if I did Claus I don't think I'd look that bad... I'm just kinda short haha.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 02:23:33 pm »
I still want to do a Last Exile cosplay too..but Dio is going to be soo expensive. Or I might do the flight suit version of Claus. I suppose this is another one of those "when I feel like spending the moniez" cosplays :P
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 02:23:53 pm by Trumby »

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 02:24:51 pm »
Ahaha, if you end up doing Claus, I would probably make a better Dio if you're taller than 5'4"?

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 02:31:14 pm »
Anthony, tell me if you go through with this and be my Clause? <3

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 10:37:59 pm »
Well, I'm like 5'9" so yeah I am taller than Dio is supposed to be..and nowhere near as pretty as he's supposed to be. I know I'd make a better Claus than Dio :P

Nikki, like I told you earlier, if I do decide to do this I'll let you know <3