Author Topic: the list from the Unplanned panel (argument about cosplay)  (Read 62647 times)

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
Re: the list from the Unplanned panel (argument about cosplay)
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2008, 05:40:46 pm »
no domo-kun - it's too mainstream now

~the unknown, un-named panel

Your kidding right? Its too mainstream? Who gives a ****? What is too mainstream anyway? Seems to me like you have issues with mainstream everything. Heres a concept... get off your horse. If people want to do a bad job with their cosplay let them. Maybe they are just new to the whole thing and will improve next time.

@thiefkingshier you've got a problem with non-anime/manga cosplay? Listen friend. You know where the very source of cosplay comes from? Take a guess...

Ready?

Trekies. Thats where the japanese got the whole idea from the beginning. They saw american magazines with pictures of trekies at conventions dressed as their favorite characters. Cosplay started from sci-fi, FROM AMERICAN SCI-FI! Yeah ok, this is an Anime con, but so what. We are all some form of geek, nerd or dork. Whether its anime/sci-fi/comics/manga/movies/band... better to unite understanding each other than to try to form some kind of better than thou clique.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 05:42:49 pm by Daxe »

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2008, 08:55:46 pm »
I love irony.
" You guys are mean telling people what they're allowed to like.! You aren't allowed to dislike them!"

Really, such vehement hatred.

I don't like Sci-Fi, and I don't furries. I don't LIKE them being there, but I'm not going to stop them.

That is all this thread is about. 
 I've shared my opinion and now I'm out before I'm crucified for them.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2008, 09:18:00 pm »
I love irony.
" You guys are mean telling people what they're allowed to like.! You aren't allowed to dislike them!"

I don't like Sci-Fi, and I don't furries. I don't LIKE them being there, but I'm not going to stop them.

Actually, I've read this whole thread, and nobody said anything like that.

It's just pretty silly to say things like that. Sure, I think that Naruto cosplays with green hair are a bit annoying, but that doesn't matter. If someone wants to go like that, let them. We shouldn't get mad at someone just because they choose to do a cosplay from an anime they actually like just because it happens to be popular.

But it looks like you already said that.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2008, 07:05:50 pm »
Someone even told me, "That was the last cosplay I expected to see here. You made my day."
A lot of other people told me they absolutely love the movie, and that I did a great job.
THAT made my day.

Actually, I'm 95% sure that was my girlfriend. :3 If it wasn't her it was definately somebody who I was around because remember exactly that quote.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2008, 10:41:54 pm »
I love irony.

Actually, I've read this whole thread, and nobody said anything like that.

It's just pretty silly to say things like that. Sure, I think that Naruto cosplays with green hair are a bit annoying, but that doesn't matter. If someone wants to go like that, let them. We shouldn't get mad at someone just because they choose to do a cosplay from an anime they actually like just because it happens to be popular.

But it looks like you already said that.

I know that no one actually said it. I was parphrasing the hypocracy of some people here.

I don't really get MAD unless they walk around liek they're the sh-. I uess that's really what it comes down to.