Author Topic: 2008 Yojimbo: Feedback Request  (Read 14166 times)

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
2008 Yojimbo: Feedback Request
« on: September 02, 2008, 10:12:24 am »
Well gang, this was my first year running the show for the Yojimbo. so... How did my squad do?

Remember, 4470 attendees, 35 Yojimbo

Some were new, Some were Old, Some were somewhere inbetween :)
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Zhalfirin

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.facebook.com/jephraux
Re: 2008 Yojimbo: Feedback Request
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 11:42:00 am »
Hey hey, Kylite!

Yojimbo this year seemed pretty on the ball. My only gripe was that a few, who I can only assume were experiencing their first year in Yojimbo as I have yet to see their faces in years past, were very rude to congoers, and it seemed a trend for them to end their sentences with "Now!" as opposed to please, especially when attempting to keep people from obstructing walk-ways.

Aside from that, it seemed that the Yojimbo I would occasionally ask questions to and whatnot knew what events were going on, where lines were going, and directing people very well in a fashion that you could tell they were enjoying the con every bit as everyone else. It all came off to me as very organized this go-around. =)
"Yojimbo - Grown in the lush hills of Columbia. And with that sweet mahogany flavor, you know it's good!"

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 11:56:06 am »
Well hawkeye didn't like my plastic sword at first but only for a moment :P  I have to tease her though.

But seriously, I thought the Yojimbo were good, in the rant and rave it sounded like some of them didn't know what events were going on in the rooms they were by but I don't know how wide spread that was. 

There was only one that I found annoying and it sounds like said person is not coming back next year.

But for the most part, I was able to do my job without trouble from the Yoji's

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 11:56:40 am by melchizedek »
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 01:05:56 pm »
The people sitting at the door to the EMC were uniformly nice to me.

However we should have had at least occasionally someone strolling our wing of the EMC.

I shouldn't really have to leave panels I'm hosting to shush crowds of people who are deliberately talking very loudly or playing guitar right outside of panels and performances. Most emphatically the guitar-playing kids who were blocking the entrance to the WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE women's room and when I pointed this out to them, were very rude to me and another female staffer, it would be great to not have to leave our own events that we are running to deal with this kind of thing.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

oslapedo

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 01:29:05 pm »
I thought the Yojimbo did quite a good job, conisdering how hectic things were at times. The only negative experience I remember is during a really massive line outside (I can't remember for what) a Yojimbo kept yelling at everyone to clear the road 100% and stay on the sidewalks. I know it was so that cars could drive through and whatnot, but since there were SO many people jampacked on the sidewalks it was really difficult to walk past the line to go to the park, without resorting to the road, but that just resulted in getting yelled at. But that was my only issue! The rest of the con was handled amazingly by Yojimbo so nice job!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 01:59:23 pm »
Really really well
I just wanted to commend those watching the adult rooms. My friend and I walked by and went inside the room cause the guy standing guard we thought was just another attendee, so he followed us in there a bit later when he was done talking to someone else to ask us for our ID's.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 08:03:12 pm »
I thought that for as many people that we had this year attending and with short staff EVERYWHERE, you guys did amazing! I ran Adult Content and I would like to personally thank you for your seriousness in door gaurding and taking your jobs seriously. Thanks again.
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 08:07:45 pm »

However we should have had at least occasionally someone strolling our wing of the EMC.

I shouldn't really have to leave panels I'm hosting to shush crowds of people who are deliberately talking very loudly or playing guitar right outside of panels and performances. Most emphatically the guitar-playing kids who were blocking the entrance to the WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE women's room and when I pointed this out to them, were very rude to me and another female staffer, it would be great to not have to leave our own events that we are running to deal with this kind of thing.

I'm sorry you had problems with that Ellen, I do hope you understand that we had 35 yojimbo for almost 4500 attendees.  We also had a few yojimbo who did not report on time for their shifts, and they will be handled appropriately.  Thank you to the rest of you who have left feedback so far, the good comments and constructive criticism are both welcome.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 08:09:18 pm by Hawkeye »
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 08:29:47 pm »
Well gang, this was my first year running the show for the Yojimbo. so... How did my squad do?

Remember, 4470 attendees, 35 Yojimbo

Some were new, Some were Old, Some were somewhere inbetween :)

Did something happen to a bunch of people that were going to be yoji? I thought we were in good shape as far as #s went as was reported at the last few meetings?

Needless to say, it didn't seem like there were that few. I think for the most part I was always in eyeshot of one. I think both old and new faces were uniformly gracious and as helpful as they could be (it was great to see goggle squad again). They looked like they were getting at least some sustenance as well, which is good (last year I saw someone almost pass out because they couldn't leave their post. Its one thing to say that someone needs to be at the door at all times, it's another to have a disabled body lying there!)

I appreciate the straight forwardness of most of the requests too - when Hawkeye had to check a few times for minors in the Death Note screening, she made it clear it was necessary and I didn't mind the short disruption.   

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 08:35:58 pm »
Actually, nothing happened to the numbers in a bad way.  We had 35 people, which would have been fine for 3500-4000 attendees.  When you have 4500 attendees though, it makes things stretched tight.

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 01:13:15 am »
Many thanks for a job well done. I thought you guys did a bangup job for so many peeps there.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 01:18:40 am »

I'm sorry you had problems with that Ellen, I do hope you understand that we had 35 yojimbo for almost 4500 attendees.  We also had a few yojimbo who did not report on time for their shifts, and they will be handled appropriately.  Thank you to the rest of you who have left feedback so far, the good comments and constructive criticism are both welcome.

Well I did start by saying that those Yojis I encountered were nice....I thought I'd replied to this already, not sure why it didn't appear...unless a mod removed it, but there was no content in there to warrant it....anyway, I had no real difficulties, just pet peeves caused by some in the hall who don't know how to or more likely just don't care to stay at appropriate volume levels and distances for politeness, fairness, and tact (those being young congoers rather than yojis). Simply note for the future that occasionally extending yoji patrols to include the more obscure wings of the con where the more quiet, but equally valuable, programming is occurring, would be appropriate and helpful. Also I have no idea what the right ratio of yoji to attendee would be and as such feel unentitled to have any opinion about it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 01:57:46 am by RemSaverem »
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 01:22:38 am »
For all you calc geeks, the limit of yojimbo as attendees approach 4500 = SPARTANS.

Seriously; a Herculean effort executed quite well by the Yojimbo.  If you had five less, we could make a short film, The 30. :D (all the Yojimbo die but then they party hard and win anyway)
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline shademalek

• Cabbit
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 01:51:57 am »
I personally think the Yojimbo did a great job. The adult content was awesome! And I know that if not for diligent yojimbo checking ID's there would be NO adult content. I think that really set K-con apart in my mind from other cons. Thank you all for keeping the con safe and secure!

Offline rictheron

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.geocities.com/dark_star0
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 08:35:53 am »

At least this year I didn't accidentally send yojimbo to watch an 'adult' panel which actually wasn't. :p  Well anyway, just trying to amuse.  :)
Jess Shelton
2008 Operations Director
2007 Assist. Operations Manager/Yojimbo Manager
2006 Assist. Yojimbo Manager
2005 Yojimbo Manager
2003-2004 Security
Credentials: senior Physics Major at PSU,Edu minor, Store Manager, Instructor, Security

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 10:17:11 pm »

Hm, curious, this is the second time I know I've replied to a post in this thread, but it hasn't shown up. I've noticed that when I hit post, I get redirected to the front page of the website. Is this happening to anyone else?

Anyway, LOL Jess! Yeah we really appreciated that this year! Actually the one you sent last year came to that same panel
(Non-Canon Pairings)
this year simply to have fun with us! So everything worked out for the best :)

At least this year I didn't accidentally send yojimbo to watch an 'adult' panel which actually wasn't. :p  Well anyway, just trying to amuse.  :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 10:48:40 pm by kylite »

Offline Teepet

• Cabbit
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 11:40:53 pm »
I roamed a bit when I manned the EMC except when I was checking I.D.s at the yaoi/yuri party.  I'm not sure that some of the Yojis realized that that was necessary and most of the time it was really quiet back there without any bad stuff happening, so it seemed like it didn't need much attention.  (Remember me?  I was the one who came around to ask if there were any brawls going on.  You creation station people were disappointingly well behaved, lol)

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 11:45:44 pm »
I hung out a little with two yojimbo by the yuri and yaoi panels on saturday night? Both of them were really cool to just drunk chill out with. They were very respectful when asking for IDs and helpful when people had questions or were looking for people. Props to both of them. Specially the cute one, too bad I was too drunk to catch her name  ::)

Offline MEDIC!!!

• Sailor Scout
    • FBook
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 01:06:23 am »
I thought that for as many people that we had this year attending and with short staff EVERYWHERE, you guys did amazing! I ran Adult Content and I would like to personally thank you for your seriousness in door gaurding and taking your jobs seriously. Thanks again.

I dont know about the rest of the yojimbo but i had a blast standing around checking IDs infront of both the History of Yaoi and the Hentai Viewing panels. I got to talk to alot of the con-ers going in and out of the viewing panel and we all had fun just sitting there listening to it all. The best part by far had to be the select MST3000 style comments that were made by myself and other staffers like Dave going in (after we had a laugh about me checking his ID (that in itself was funnier than anything else)) and yelling hand check and seeing everybody raise their hands and laughing at each other (can anyone say social experiment?) but yes i would love to be the yojimbo standing guard at the door checking IDs again it was awesome ,,!,, :P ,,!,,
1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 G37 L41D
Liquid Snake: There's A Killer Inside You
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Boom Baby Boom! I'm The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 01:03:42 pm »
I roamed a bit when I manned the EMC except when I was checking I.D.s at the yaoi/yuri party.  I'm not sure that some of the Yojis realized that that was necessary and most of the time it was really quiet back there without any bad stuff happening, so it seemed like it didn't need much attention.  (Remember me?  I was the one who came around to ask if there were any brawls going on.  You creation station people were disappointingly well behaved, lol)

LOL Shh, you'll ruin our rep! :P
(re: Adult Fanfic Bedtime Stories)
We did have a new adult panel this year too (Citrus And You).

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 10:32:15 pm »
They did mostly great!  Some of them seemed to not know the rules.  When people asked "Can I bring this/that to the con?" and you said yes/no, there were still yojimbo who completely undermined you!

I did feel bad for one, though because the exhibitor she was being sort of security for kept getting griped at by the super rude exhibitor!
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline benjamin.riker@oit.edu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 11:18:33 pm »
well this was my first year at Kcon, and i didnt notice anything out of the ordinary, or what appeared to be ordinary. all of the yojimbo were polite and i ended up becoming good friends with several of them. i had no idea any thing happened this year, several of the yojimbo hinted that somethigns happened that they couldnt talk about which impressed me even more none of the yojimbo said anyhting they shouldnt have and i noticed absolutly out of the ordinary.

once again great job all.

and to the people that yelled handcheck and all of the other great things at the "mature" pannles thank you those comments were pure gold.
yes. i do know the squareroot of pie by heart... and pie minus the squareroot of pie...
yojimbo

Offline Nayamashii Koneko

• Cabbit
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 09:28:09 am »
I thought you guys did awesome! Even though I was mostly sitting on my bum at post reg, the times I did manage to escape, I saw the Yojis being professional and kind to the attendees.

Special thanks to Nathan (sp?) who helped me with the crazy lady on 15 floor!! You were awesome...and you helped me keep my cool when she called me nasty mean names. You gets an internet hug for that!
K-Con Attendee 04 and 05
K-Con 06 Volunteer (Registration)
K-Con 07 Registration Staff (Pre-Reg)
K-Con 08 Registration Staff (At Door Reg)
K-Con 09 Yojimbo

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 01:54:38 pm »
Who was that crazy lady who bitched at us in front of the reg desk about how using zip ties for peace binding was unprofessional? I kinda wanted to just pick her up by the arms and legs, swing her back and forth for momentum, and throw her right out of the hotel.

Hell, that's how Anime Expo, Sakuracon, MEW, everyone does it. And she was bitching at us for it, why's she even here?

• Cabbit
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 04:22:40 pm »
Who was that crazy lady who bitched at us in front of the reg desk about how using zip ties for peace binding was unprofessional? I kinda wanted to just pick her up by the arms and legs, swing her back and forth for momentum, and throw her right out of the hotel.

Hell, that's how Anime Expo, Sakuracon, MEW, everyone does it. And she was bitching at us for it, why's she even here?
I didn't know about that one...and I was reg...

If it's all right with Hawkeye or Kylite, I can post about the crazy lady later tonight as I am leaving for my hellish job at Kohl's...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 04:22:57 pm by Nayamashii Koneko »
K-Con Attendee 04 and 05
K-Con 09 Yojimbo

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 06:13:56 pm »
yojimbo i think you guys did a great job over all, a few bumps here and there but no one is perfect, when i needed you, you guys were there ;D
thanks
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline gia

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Vice
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2008, 08:55:21 am »
Who was that crazy lady who bitched at us in front of the reg desk about how using zip ties for peace binding was unprofessional?

I wonder if that was the same lady who came up to the info desk demanding to know where the room with the free food and drinks was, because every con she'd ever attended had one and she couldn't fathom NOT having one? ._.; (I've been going to anime cons for nine years and I've NEVER been to one that had a free food and drinks room for the general public at all times, that I knew of...)
Editor-in-Chief, Anime Vice
http://animevice.com

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2008, 12:00:40 pm »
If you want to talk about the crazy lady, that's fine, but remember to be nice at the same time.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008, 12:04:34 pm »
Well, the only reason I only used the word "crazy" was that she claimed that she's never seen another con using zipties ever, and that the way we did it was remarkably unprofessional.

Sakura, Yaoi, AN, Expo, Kumo, we all do it that way. I've never seen another con do it differently. This is why she's crazy.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008, 12:49:24 pm »
I hung out a little with two yojimbo by the yuri and yaoi panels on saturday night? Both of them were really cool to just drunk chill out with. They were very respectful when asking for IDs and helpful when people had questions or were looking for people. Props to both of them. Specially the cute one, too bad I was too drunk to catch her name  ::)

Yea, they were awesome.

It's funny,as much as those  few nasty Yojimbo like to use being tired as an excuse, the 'late-night/early morning Yojimbo never give me any crap

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2008, 01:48:15 pm »

Yea, they were awesome.

It's funny,as much as those  few nasty Yojimbo like to use being tired as an excuse, the 'late-night/early morning Yojimbo never give me any crap

That's because us otaku aren't used to being awake during the day. ^_^

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Teepet

• Cabbit
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2008, 12:16:58 am »

I wonder if that was the same lady who came up to the info desk demanding to know where the room with the free food and drinks was, because every con she'd ever attended had one and she couldn't fathom NOT having one? ._.; (I've been going to anime cons for nine years and I've NEVER been to one that had a free food and drinks room for the general public at all times, that I knew of...)
Ah, a guy on my floor asked me about that too, I think it's called a "hospitality room" and a lot of the fantasy/sci-fi events have them, but it doesn't seem to have spread to the anime cons, at least not the ones around here.  They'll have free food kind of like how we had the bawls, or they'll sell food at break-even price, I asked Andrew M. about it after he said he had worked a bunch of other cons (or maybe it was that he had worked a bunch on one other con?) and he told me about it

• Cabbit
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2008, 11:34:26 pm »
My story about a fairly large crazy lady happened on I believe Monday right before I had to get back to reg desk to open for pre reg of 09.

I was doing some elevator duty to kill time....and we arrived on the 15 floor with a full elevator. She demanded us to get off and let her family of 4 onto the elevator to ride it down. I told her I couldn't do that because I had picked these people up on the way up from the 4th floor and it wouldn't be fair to them; plus I had a Yojimbo with me holding a try of food stuffs for one of the rooms. From there it spiraled downwards as she proceeded to scream at all of us (myself, the Yojimbo, and the 8 other Con attendees) for "playing in the elevators". I asked an attendee for her cellphone to reach my friend who then could call Mike or Andrew for me to get help of some kind. (Later I found out, that she didn't have her cell on her, it was charging in her room >.>)

From there to she stood in the "doorway" of the elevator and proceeded to talk over me to the hotel staff. She then got on the elevator as I asked Nathan for his walkie and called for someone to come and help with the situation. As she was talking over to the hotel staff, everyone on the elevator was asking her to please stop this and let myself get everyone to the lobby. I was going to come right back up and grab them. She didn't want to here it. So she come into the elevator and then got off on the 14th floor, saying"**** this" and I guess waited for her husband.

I pressed the lobby button and told everyone we weren't stopping for anyone....and we didn't, because we were at max capacity. We get to the lobby and she is somehow already there before I am! I got off the elevator and try to talk to her and explain why I could kick everyone off just so she could get on. She told me to "shut up" and kept talking to the female staff member. A male staff member pulled me aside and asked for my story, I told him, and he agreed that I wasn't in the wrong.

After she was finished talking to the female staff member, she goes back to the elevators to wait for her family. Her husband was already there and was looking rather embarrassed by his wife's actions. She came up to me and said that her kids were up there "all alone and waiting for her". I told I was sorry and that my husband was also up there waiting for me to help with our bags.

I would to note right now, I do not regret what I said to this woman, because it shut her up until Dawn came.

She looked right me and said "I don't give a rats ass about your husband." Now...I was calm and civil up to this point, but nothing could stop my response of "Well I don't give a rats ass about your damn kids." She looked at me like I had spit on her. She told me in a very calm voice "You're a very rude lady...very very rude." I just smirked, shrugged my shoulders, and tole her "Sometimes you have to rude to make a point."

By that time, Dawn came and handled the rest of the situation. If I had stayed there any longer....I was gonna deck her.

I later met up with Dawn and asked how it went. Apparently when Dawn told the lady that I was running on less that 4 hours of sleep and I hadn't eaten a proper meal in 2 days, "Mommy Mode" clicked on and I guess everything was forgiven.

I hope I never have this happen again...
K-Con Attendee 04 and 05
K-Con 09 Yojimbo

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2008, 03:01:11 am »
the price u pay for being yojimbo or other "tough guy staff' LOL we are always "the bad guy" and there is always someone looking for a fight
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2008, 11:24:13 am »
I'm sorry you had to deal with this, like kylite said, it's the price we pay sometimes.  You did well to have Dawn take over at that point.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2008, 11:54:55 am »
A male staff member pulled me aside and asked for my story, I told him, and he agreed that I wasn't in the wrong.

I I guess everything was forgiven.

I think this is the worst part of the story.

What was there to explain or forgive?
You were on the elevator first, and it was at capacity.

No single person ( and her family) has  priority over another.
I don't even know why it was an issue. The hotel staffer should have told her to wait and ended it there.

Was this a family of non-atendees?

I found that a lot of the 'normies' were not very nice.  I ran into one ( not nearly as psychotic) on the elevator. We told him it was full and he compeltley ignored usand just walked on in.

• Cabbit
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2008, 02:00:46 pm »
A male staff member pulled me aside and asked for my story, I told him, and he agreed that I wasn't in the wrong.

I I guess everything was forgiven.

I think this is the worst part of the story.

What was there to explain or forgive?
You were on the elevator first, and it was at capacity.

No single person ( and her family) has  priority over another.
I don't even know why it was an issue. The hotel staffer should have told her to wait and ended it there.

Was this a family of non-attendees?

I found that a lot of the 'normies' were not very nice.  I ran into one ( not nearly as psychotic) on the elevator. We told him it was full and he completely ignored us and just walked on in.
They weren't attendees at all. I could tell by how they reacted to my cosplay. (I was the wandering Bible Black girl.) The hotel staff wasn't there when she started this tirade. I did forget to mention that she said that she was waiting on the 15th floor for almost 30 minutes. I found this hard to believe.

Also...it's her fault for booking a room at a hotel hosting a convention. If I were her...I would have gone to a different hotel.
K-Con Attendee 04 and 05
K-Con 09 Yojimbo

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2008, 06:49:34 pm »
Unfortunately this is the sort of thing the yojimbo (and anyone helping us out) has to deal with. Though I am glad I didn't have to deal with anyone like this while on elevator duty.. <.<
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2008, 07:35:17 pm »
I did forget to mention that she said that she was waiting on the 15th floor for almost 30 minutes. I found this hard to believe.

Also...it's her fault for booking a room at a hotel hosting a convention. If I were her...I would have gone to a different hotel.

Actually, it's entirely likely that she had that long of a wait time at the elevators, I had a lot of people talking to me about wait times due to overcrowding.  On the second part, I agree wholeheartedly.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2008, 09:10:41 pm »
I did forget to mention that she said that she was waiting on the 15th floor for almost 30 minutes. I found this hard to believe.

Actually, it's entirely likely that she had that long of a wait time at the elevators, I had a lot of people talking to me about wait times due to overcrowding.  On the second part, I agree wholeheartedly.

I really don't  agree with the second part so much..okay, at all.

Maybe her family goes to that hotel every year.
They shouldn't have to change her plans because a larger group is there.

She very well may have been waiting that long.
I live right across the street from both Safeco and Quest field I REALLY hate it when thousands of 'outsiders' come here and make it impossible for residents to go anywhere ( and belive me they do) so I don't blame her at all for being frustrated or even angry.

Remember, this was monday morning. Think of how frustrating it is for us attendees to pack up and get out, and we EXPECT it.

BUT That is no way an excuse for such nasty behavior.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2008, 10:03:09 pm »
I'm going to go ahead and bring up an elevator discussion in the hotel thread for '09/'10.  If people want to discuss it there, definitely do so.  Elevators have been one of Kumoricon's biggest problems; problems that simply haven't existed at other conventions.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2008, 11:46:01 pm »

That's if she knew to begin with.  I don't think that most people think to ask, "Oh by the way is your hotel going to be over run by a convention of 4470 people?"  And we probably don't know for sure if the hotel actually gave forewarning.

If they did, and she decided to book a room anyway, then that's the chance you take.  If she had no clue what she was getting herself into, that's a fault of the hotel.

However, nothing excuses what she did.  I'm still sorry you had to go through that hun.  *hugs*
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013