Author Topic: Cosplay help please?  (Read 1764 times)

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
Cosplay help please?
« on: September 03, 2008, 06:31:01 pm »
Alright I'm in a pickle. Ive decided this year I'm FINNALLY going to cosplay Rosette Christopher from Chrono Crusade, I have all the DVD's and books for refrences but heres where my problem is at the current momment, I cant figure out how I'm going to work out the paterns, I can make my own but I'm terible at it and I want her costume to be perfect because I love this Character so much.... Could anyone help me decided what to do with the paterns and if there is a decent one out there for the top that I could possibley alter a bit?

Im doing the one on the left.... also I'm having trouble deciding on a fabric, in the anime it seems to flow very well yet its durable and wistands a LOT....
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Re: Cosplay help please?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 08:10:04 pm »
Twill is a pretty awesome fabric, but the color selection is limited. It's thick, durable, and I've used it with my costumes like Ordon Village Link's pants or some embellishments on Davy's jacket. It's heavy, but it should work. Cotton flows really well, but it might tear.

... That's pretty much the only advice I can give you. sorry. My cosplay are usually sculptural (I guess) rather than focusing on fabric and patterns.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 09:23:15 pm »
there are alot of new patterns with sleeves kinda like that floating around there, but you need to look in the non-costume area of the pattern books to find them, they may have some fancyness going on in the torso but thats easy to ignore.

as far as fabric goes, cotton twill IS very nice but it doesnt tend to have the flow i think youre looking for.  if you want something that flutters i might look into some woven rayons...or even a really nice wool (especially since that would probably be what some kinda demon fighting nurse in a gas-lamp fantasy would be wearing) but you might not want to spend the money on it. and honestly if you WERE willing to spend the money, making the jump from that color to some kinda navy blue would be well worth it, and possibly look better irl.
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 09:27:46 pm »
^ see thats what im thinking about, when i look at good cosplays I see that they make them baised off of what the anime charecters outfit would really be...

Her outfit is durable yet it flows really neatly for some reason, it also fits her like a glove for mobility, I think I'm going to splurge on her fabrics and go for a nice navy blue (thats what it actualy is the picture is a bit bright) wool, thinkin that would actualy be what shes wearing considering what she does and the monistarys budget where she comes from... im also going to spring for some nice leather for her gloves and thinking i might get the boats comisoned
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 10:26:15 pm »
I wouldn't go for rayon, myself. If I remember correctly, rayon is a shinier material that wrinkles waaaay too easily. You'll sit down and crease the back of your skirt in an instant. Wool might work. Never used it myself, but it would be nice and warm!

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 08:49:48 pm »
rayon comes in alot of forms. and that shiney crinkle auto-wrinkle stuff that was everywhere in sack-dresses in the 90's is not what im talking about.  there are different formulas for rayon, and more recently they have been doing a better job of making it more like what it was made to imitate; silk.  also way more durable to washing.
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 10:06:20 pm »
rayon comes in alot of forms. and that shiney crinkle auto-wrinkle stuff that was everywhere in sack-dresses in the 90's is not what im talking about.  there are different formulas for rayon, and more recently they have been doing a better job of making it more like what it was made to imitate; silk.  also way more durable to washing.

Oh. Ok. I figured there must have been a change since. I didn't think someone would suggest the crinkly stuff.
Thanks for the info! :) I feel more complete.