Author Topic: *Is very fustrated* (Rant/complainint)  (Read 2933 times)

Offline Rai180990648

• Sailor Scout
*Is very fustrated* (Rant/complainint)
« on: August 29, 2008, 08:31:23 pm »
Don't get me wrong, I love being able to go to Kumoricon, but I'm just so fustrated!

My family and I were waiting in line with about 30 other people waiting for the pre-registery badges, and as you other guys that were waiting in line know, it was pretty hot out today, and the line was moving pretty slow. I don't mind that, I'm pretty calm when it comes to things like this.
But when we finally got there, we got the blue necklace things, but we didn't get our badges. It was pretty hectic, and we registered at the last minute, so we understand.
We parked pretty far away from the hotel, so we had to walk all the way back (which I don't mind) and then my mom had forgotten her wallet in the ladies bathroom, so we had to run all the way back.
Luckily, one of the Kumoricon staff members had went into the bathroom and found it :).

Hopefully our badges will be ready (The nice lady at the badge station said to come in early at about 8 tomorrow and they'll probably be there).

And thanks to the girl in the Vampire Knight cosplay holding the Deidara plushie! You help us out a lot! (By the way, I love Vampire Knight)

Has anything else bad happened to you guys today?

Offline Charlatan

• Cabbit
Re: *Is very fustrated* (Rant/complainint)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 07:38:45 pm »
I was waiting over an hour and a half for my pre-registered badge, which REALLY threw off my schedule, but I managed (I had more fun walking around and watching random nonsense occur than I think I would have at the panels or game room). :P
This space for rent.

Offline tori-chama

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 07:52:45 pm »
We had to wait in line for FOUR FREAKIN' HOURS, but I DID get my mother to go stand in line while my Mellow and I (Yellow Seras) went to the park for some good 'ol glomping. But still...FOUR HOURS. As we got closer, though, reading the writing on the bus was pretty funny; The end (of the line) is near. (I got to write "Seras pwns")
THEN as we were pretty much 10 feet from the door, someone who knew the people in front of us came out to tell them they were no longer letting people get badges (something about capped?). It turned out to be some confusion, though. But scaring us like that? Not cool, K-con, not cool.

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 07:00:36 am »
I think it actually DID cap at a point. My friend drove 200 miles to come to Kcon (well, actually, she was driving to a con in Vegas, but decided to stop here instead) and she couldn't get a badge because they said they couldn't register people anymore >: (if it isn't really capped though, someone tell me or put up a sign at the info booth so she can get a badge Dx)

She's still hanging with us in the park all 3 days, but... that's uncool Dx

Also a rant, We got out of the check-in/Pre-reg line THREE TIMES because a staff, a maid, and some other con-goers kept telling us that you could not get your lanyards in that line >(  That really pissed us off... But we did eventually get checked in, about two hours after we had arrived |D

Offline kuri_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 03:49:49 pm »
we were waiting in pre-reg line. WE already had our badges we just needed the stupid lanyards. The problem was they split the line simply to make them one line again. WTF? Anyway, while in line we were behind a smoker. Techincally you are suppose to be 10 to 20 ft away from any active area when smoking. Well my friend who can't handle smoke, let alone me as well made a signal and said excuse me to her and was about to as kher to step away, but I guess it was her mom freaked out on us. Way to kill a con and blow a simple question up into a big problem.

Anyway, over all I'm having a good time.

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 08:55:21 am »
I think it actually DID cap at a point. My friend drove 200 miles to come to Kcon (well, actually, she was driving to a con in Vegas, but decided to stop here instead) and she couldn't get a badge because they said they couldn't register people anymore >: (if it isn't really capped though, someone tell me or put up a sign at the info booth so she can get a badge Dx)

She's still hanging with us in the park all 3 days, but... that's uncool Dx

Also a rant, We got out of the check-in/Pre-reg line THREE TIMES because a staff, a maid, and some other con-goers kept telling us that you could not get your lanyards in that line >(  That really pissed us off... But we did eventually get checked in, about two hours after we had arrived |D

Staff Member here.

We did cap Saturday.  Everyone who was waiting in line at the time we had to cap was allowed to register, but anyone who tried to get into line after wards was turned away.

Please understand, we don't want to have to turn people away.  It's not nice to you and it's not good for us.  However, buildings have fire codes, and we can only allow a certain number of people in per building regulations.  The bigger we get, the more difficult it becomes to find a hotel that will accommodate everyone.  The facilities for next year are bigger than this years. 

However, logically, we are eventually going to completely outgrow the hotel fishbowl completely. 

In my personal opinion, the best option for the con is to start gearing up for using the Convention Center in 2011.

(2009 and 2010 hotel is being announced... or already was..  not sure)
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013

Offline demonotaku

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 10:26:43 am »
It was Announced in the Con book plus it was at the general meeting a couple weeks ago

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 10:59:06 am »
... plus it was at the general meeting a couple weeks ago

Yeah, I know but we weren't supposed talk about it until it was announced "at con".

Usually those announcements happen at closing ceremonies, but I heard it was announced at opening ceremonies instead.  Course I was working during the ceremonies so I couldn't be sure if it'd really happened or if it was a rumor that it was announced.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 11:01:34 am by valliegirl »
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013