Author Topic: SALEM December meetup and STORY OF RICKY!!!  (Read 4869 times)

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
SALEM December meetup and STORY OF RICKY!!!
« on: November 30, 2004, 12:40:05 pm »
Hey everyone, this is my monthly plug for all you Salem people to come out to some of the events we have lined through the meetup group and the LAN gaming club!

On December 9th we will be having our meetup again.  Same time, same place.  Based on positive reaction to me bringing manga last time, I will bring MORE MANGA for people to read.  I also will try to get a GO board there again so we can play some more GO.

On Dec. 11th is the big monthly LANime party at Chemeketa Community College in Building 34 from 2-midnight.  The last one was SUPER FUN, kind of like a mini convention.  We had anime, manga, console gaming, LAN gaming, live action sword fighting films (House of Flying Daggers was AWESOME) and just lots of fun.  Even if you aren't a Salem resident, it is worth the drive and a lot of fun.

Speaking of that, at this next party I will be showing the following:

FLCL  I love this series and I will be showing it from start to finish and if you haven't seen FLCL, you owe it to yourself to take a watch.  It is awesome stuff.

AND I have the great pleasure of announcing that I will be showcasing:
THE STORY OF RICKY (aka 'Ricky-Oh')
This film is well known as the most hilariously violent and bloody martial arts film ever put to celluloid.  It is also famous because it is the source of the infamous 'head smashing' clip that was used often on 'The Daily Show'.  This film is awesome and it is very funny.  Tell your friends!

So, with all that if anyone hasn't registered at the meetup site then what's stopping you?  :D
We have lots of fun and a good time is always had by all.

If you have any questions you can check out the meetup site http://anime.meetup.com/43
and/or the etherguild site(LAN gaming club)  http://www.etherguild.org  

also if anyone needs a ride I can probably help...:)
The trick is not minding.

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 08:14:39 am »
Yay, I can't wait. I get a new puppy on Monday too, so I'll probably be bringing her with me (I hope the Governor's cup doesn't mind... she is really tiny and cute though, Sarah is bringing hers also). I need to find out if the school would be okay with it too, I really don't want to leave her alone for so long during her first week here!
Well, I have a speech to give for class today (fun, fun), so I gotta go. At least term is almost over (only 3 classes left, including finals!).

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 08:15:43 am »
Doh! I wonder why I wasn't logged in... that's odd...

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 12:09:17 pm »
I forgot one more thing!!!

I will be bringing my SNES (by request...) and some Street Fighter games for some AWESOME old skool fighter action.  There will also be a ps2 and xbox (I am assuming...) for other fighting and fps action.
If you are a LAN gamer they will be playing Unreal Tournament and Diablo 2.  AWESOME!!!

Also, I recently posted my anime and Hong Kong live action lists on the meetup message board.  So, if anyone wants to browse and request a title for me to show, please do.  I am always very willing to accommodate requests!!

So, yeah, come and party, there will be cool PRIZES too!! and it is all FREE!!!
w00t.

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004, 03:15:19 pm »
Hey, I just wanted to let everyone know that the EtherGuild is also having a desing contest ATM. We are looking for a logo, banner and T-Shirt design for our club. The contest is open to everyone, so be sure to check out the details on our website.

Also, our next event is scheduled for January 8th at Chemeketa's Campus in Building 34 from 2pm - Midnight. Admission is free and it's BYOC.

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 08:08:38 pm »
Quote from: "Irnogs"
Also, our next event is scheduled for January 8th at Chemeketa's Campus in Building 34 from 2pm - Midnight. Admission is free and it's BYOC.

excelent!

I will be showing some BERSERK  (by request)
and an awesome HK film called 'Running on Karma'

hope to see lots and lots of people there!!!

Offline kaoru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 11:19:40 am »
Sorry, I have to say this..

SUPERBEST

:D

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2005, 12:10:06 pm »
Quote from: "kaoru"

SUPERBEST

:lol:

no wait, you have to say it like this:

8)

http://anime.meetup.com/43

Offline kaoru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2005, 12:54:09 pm »
Quote from: "rarnom"

SUPERBEST

:lol:

no wait, you have to say it like this:

8)

:D I bet you don't remember me. I'm Kimberly's friend. The girl with the short hair.

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2005, 01:03:58 pm »
:D I bet you don't remember me. I'm Kimberly's friend. The girl with the short hair.

Ok I remember you now...  I was wondering how you had heard of the group.  I thought it might be you or Kimberly when I saw your post because I noticed your avatar and sig and remembered you and Kimberly were watching that cool J-rock stuff after we finished playing DDR.  

anyway, are you planning on coming out to the next LANime party?  It will be really cool and we will have a room dedicated to DDR the WHOLE time. (and maybe some Karaoke revolution if anyone brings it...)

and have you signed up at the meetup site yet?  You should.  It is a good thing. :wink: