Author Topic: Pokemon TCG  (Read 4297 times)

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
Pokemon TCG
« on: August 28, 2008, 05:30:41 pm »
I got an awesome PM earlier this morning about a Pokemon TCG Tournament. How many people do we have who are actualy going to be running around with cards? Im trying to dig up a few last minute things for a new deck before the con (Some Bucks Training and a couple Mr Mime), if anyone has extras laying around.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Re: Pokemon TCG
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 11:32:33 pm »
Depending on the time, I could bring my Rares binder...although I wouldn't be able to play since I haven't played in about three and a half years and don't know any of the new rules.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 12:28:16 am »
Depending on the time, I could bring my Rares binder...although I wouldn't be able to play since I haven't played in about three and a half years and don't know any of the new rules.
Most of the new rules are focused around the card types. Other than that, the rules remain the same.
Metal and Darkness energy has become a basic energy type but with no added ability. You may still use the special powered cards of the M and D energy cards, but only 4 in a deck, while the basic M and D cards can be as many any other basic energy.
Burn - In between turns, the owning player of the burned pokemon flips a coin, on tails the pokemon takes 20 dmg.
Confusion - Retreat as normal without flip but attack deals 30 on a tails flip
Supporter cards can only be played once per turn, that is one Supporter card only per turn.
if you didn't hear about the "two active pokemon" rule, you can use active pokemon but only get 4 bench slots. Doubles must be announced at the beginning of the match. Only one active pokemon can attack another. When there is only 1 active pokemon left, the bench still stays at 4 slots with the active at 2 slots. If you play down a pokemon in this way, it becomes the second active one.
There is one other rule that talks about trainer cards, stadium cards, pokemon tools and supporters before Diamond and Pearl counting as trainer cards, but I'd check the rulebook or the pokemon site about that. www.go-pokemon.com
Also a rule in Organized Play tourneys that says you can use cards from a previous set that have the same name and ability as a card in a current tournament legal set, such as the immortal Potion.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 03:12:37 am »
Unfortunatly the cards im looking for would be from one of the more recent sets (Mysterious Treasures for the Mr Mime and Legends Awakened for the Bucks), but thanks for the thought.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 11:56:39 am »
Unfortunatly the cards im looking for would be from one of the more recent sets (Mysterious Treasures for the Mr Mime and Legends Awakened for the Bucks), but thanks for the thought.
That is IF they don't make it an unrestricted event. If they do though, then bring your classic WMDPD
(Weapons of Mass Diamond and Pearl Domination!) Someone should really hold a classics tournament. Like anything Basic to Base set 2.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 01:02:21 pm »
So *should* I bring my binder then? I'm still not clear on that.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 03:05:20 pm »
So *should* I bring my binder then? I'm still not clear on that.
I would suggest bringing it on the day of the tournament only and asking around Sat and Sun.

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 03:38:12 pm »
I still run Modified decks in Unlimited tournaments, just for practice. I want to run a deck with Starmie passing off to eaither Mr Mime or Shuckle with TS-2 to stall, but the Mr. Mimes kinda make or break the deck. Otherwise Ill be running a skittles variant.

Offline [R]VisitorOfEmptySpace

• Cabbit
    • http://www.ninjasinaxetion.com
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 11:20:24 pm »
When's this tournament at, and what're the rules? anyone know yet?

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 12:59:53 am »
Monday at (11....?), im pretty sure it will be unlimited like the Sakuracon tournament was, but thats speculation.