Author Topic: Yet another last minute ID problem. Please give me advice!  (Read 2001 times)

Offline Inomi

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
    • Tumblr
Yet another last minute ID problem. Please give me advice!
« on: August 28, 2008, 04:52:27 pm »
I have a huge problem with my ID.

Long story short, my wallet was stolen, and it had all of my identification in it. Because I've moved to a different state since my last ID was issued, there is absolutely no way for me to get a new one before the convention (believe me, I spent all day at the DMV today trying). What can I do? Are they going to turn me away at the door?  :'( I already have my badge and everything, but. . . no ID. I don't go to college (right now), so I don't have a school ID or anything. I'm really, really freaking out.

Does anyone have suggestions? I emailed the person in charge of registration, but obviously I imagine they're quite busy right now, so they might not get it in time.

Offline DeathNotePanda

• Chibi
Re: Yet another last minute ID problem. Please give me advice!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 06:20:24 pm »
I really don't think that they'd turn you down...although I'm really not sure myself since I'm only 13. Sorry! If they aren't so strict about the rules then maybe they'll let you in! ^-^

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 06:53:24 pm »
do you still have your social security card and or birth certificate? and any form of old picture ID?
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Inomi

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 09:17:04 pm »
do you still have your social security card and or birth certificate? and any form of old picture ID?

Sadly, my ss card was in my wallet and my parents lost my birth certificate years ago - I can get a new one, but not before the con. All my photo ID was in the wallet, which is why I can't get a new ID until I get my birth certificate, which my parents have to get for me and send to me from Idaho. I can't get it for myself because you have to have photo ID to get one. *headdesk* I'm basically stuck. I have other things - W2s, tax returns, bills, medical bills, medical insurance cards, etc etc. It's been several years since I was in school, so any kind of school ID I once had is long lost over 3 moves.

oslapedo

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 10:16:15 pm »
I'm also curious about this since my little sister does not have any means to identify herself. Will she still get into KCon?

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 10:33:00 pm »
Little sis have a guardian permission form? The parent signing the form can show up and present ID.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

oslapedo

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 11:43:45 pm »
Well she has the form and all that great stuff but she's getting dropped off by one of her friend's parents. Is this a hopeless case? : O

Maybe could she have written consent and a signature from the parent who signed her form affirming whatever needs to be affirmed? Could I loan her one of my extra school IDs? XD