Author Topic: Cuddly Cosplay!!!  (Read 2696 times)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Cuddly Cosplay!!!
« on: August 28, 2008, 11:59:57 am »
Attention plushies and dolls!
Kon wants *YOU*

for "Cuddly Cosplay"

Do you have a plushie that's been begging for a chance to appear on stage? A teddy bear ready to emote as Ichigo from Bleach, or perhaps My Shinigami Pony? Give it the opportunity to strut! It's a cheesy cosplay presentation just for them!
     Make an outfit for the plushie. Provide documentation if you think it would help. We will have sound (a boombox) for CDs and a "followspot" flashlight. If you forget to bring music, you may sing or the audience may provide random sound effects at their whim. 
     There will not be tech rehearsal. If you have a group, contact director and we'll think of something. Stage size will be whatever table we can confiscate in the room we get.
Rules:
Stuffed animal must be dressed; no costume is no costume.
Presenter must be inconspicuous (in Japan puppeteers wear all black -- Ninja costume time!!)
Time limit - 45 seconds; no stage hogging!
Further rules TBA as they occur to us.

Cuddly Cosplay will be held on MONDAY at 2 PM in Panel 3 (I think...check schedule to be certain)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 01:27:40 pm by Jamiche »

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: Cuddly Cosplay!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 10:21:49 pm »
Hm, I understand that all-black idea, but ...maybe there could be extra ninja-clad presenters to "pinch-hit" as attendants for plushies and dollies that are ready to perform, whose owners didn't know about that rule and came in cosplay themselves and don't have anything black to wear?

Seriously. No really I mean it. I want to see this event succeed and have enough people able to participate....

Meantime: Want in on this event, but don't yet have a dolly or plushie to perform for/with you? Come to the Dolly-Making and/or Fandom Teddy Bears workshops at the Creation Station and make or decorate one there!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 02:59:43 pm »
The person holding the doll / plushie can be wearing anything they want to.
The mention of wearing all black was just a suggestion, but not a requirement. So don't bail on it if you are not wearing black. I could give you a black hair ribbon if it would make you feel better.   ;)
This Cuddly Cosplay is more casual than anything else since its purpose is to be silly rather than serious.  :D
I'm eager to see what people come up with.

Offline 2otaku

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 10:06:31 am »
I would have brought my Little Sanzo, but we had to book out of there as soon as the Artist Alley closed. I'll have more dollfies doing cosplay next year, make it earlier time or day, if possible. I'm sorry to have missed it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 10:08:04 am by 2otaku »