Author Topic: question for the older folks...mostly ladies  (Read 3059 times)

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
question for the older folks...mostly ladies
« on: August 23, 2008, 11:34:20 pm »
ok, so this has been driving me batty for like..10 years.

i grew up here in portland and when i was little we used to rent movies from this little independent place over in sellwood called royal video.  there were a couple of videos that i rented religiously, some obvious things like strawberry shortcake & rainbow-bright.  but then there were a couple of other wierd things like lady lovely locks, and this bizzare show called noozles with magical koala bears (which im not sure is an anime or not). 

BUT
the point is there was ONE tape of this little mermaid possible-anime, where the mermaid was a little girl and i dont think it was based on the hanz christian anderson version.  I think she was blond, i think she was a princess and i know she hung out with a talking sea-horse.

there was some kinda magical treasure stolen, and some kinda sparkly seashell was involved.
i remember her crying and the seahorse (which had this bubbly voice) told her to stop crying because "she was only going to make the sea saltier"-or didnt need to be saltier or something.

its wierd since i have this very vivid memory about the show itself but i cant remember what its called.
and if i search for mermaid stuff all i get is this 70s anime based on the orriginal story and that mermaid melody/ledgend of mermaid thing.

i dunno its driving me nuts and i figured someone on here might be familiar with it.
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
Re: question for the older folks...mostly ladies
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 03:07:31 am »
Uhhh... I haven't watched my VHS in SO long, but I dug it up to get the name for you...

Is it this series? http://unicorngallery.rubberslug.com/gallery/master_query.asp?SeriesID=18051
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 01:48:56 pm »
I know the old school rainbow brite, i have a tiny plushie of one of the characters...somewhere, in additsion i still have my old strawberry shortcake sheets, and yes "Noozles" was an anime, I used to watch it on nick, loved that one.

I know of the 70s anime little mermaid, when I was in 1st grade my teach acidently rented this for my class thinking it happy movie but yeah considering the mermaid dies at the end...
I dont know the other one tho
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 01:52:35 pm »
Uhhh... I haven't watched my VHS in SO long, but I dug it up to get the name for you...

Is it this series? http://unicorngallery.rubberslug.com/gallery/master_query.asp?SeriesID=18051

that MIGHT be it, ill have to look something up on u tube.
but that says that its based on the hanz christian anderson version, and im pretty sure this wasnt (just a story about a little girl who happened to be a mermaid princess), also i really think she was a child mermaid, not adult/adolecent.

but the sea horse makes me second guess myself.
Commissioning again!

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 03:34:57 pm »
im not really that old (im 15) but i used to watch all those old shows and i think i watched that one to o.o my cousin gave me a VHS once that sounds a lot like that show... ill try looking for it in my vast amounts of movies >.> i think it was called sea princess or something and im pretty sure she was a little kid with blond hair. oh well thats my recolection its been ages since i searched my VHS but ill give it a try for ya ^^
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 03:40:08 pm »
The only movies that I remember really well are The Last Unicorn, and The Little Nemo.

I watched both of them a lot (even though The Little Nemo gave me nightmares x.x)

But I don't think I have seen that one

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 11:12:38 pm »
Hmm, I don't know of the video you're describing, but HOLY CRAP did Lady Lovely Locks bring back memories like WHOA.
That was something I'd COMPLETELY forgotten about.  I remember having a coloring book and dolls... I'll have to google that now.  XD
k-con '09: Creed (Black Cat); Euphemia (Code Geass); Ichimaru (Bleach); Takano (Higurashi no Naku koro Ni)

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 12:07:46 am »
yeah i know, there are alot of episodes up on youtube. i think it might be because there arent any dvds available.
Commissioning again!

Offline XFD

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 08:10:38 am »
It wasn't Mermaid's Scar was it? (A Rumiko Takahashi series)

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 11:23:05 am »
nooooooo no no no no no not even close.  though i do really like mermaid scar/forest/early rumiko takahashi.

this was DEFINITELY involving a child-mermaid thing.  and was also definitely intended for children.
Commissioning again!

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 11:27:37 am »
Heh hey I may be a guy but im secure enuf in my manhood to say that rainbow brite rocked!
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 12:10:21 pm »
Rainbow Brite, My Little Pony, and Strawberry Shortcake were some of my favorite toons as a child.  Then I started watching stuff like Transformers, Thundercats, and G.I. Joe.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"