Author Topic: seattle tomorrow  (Read 3134 times)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
seattle tomorrow
« on: November 22, 2004, 04:42:21 pm »
i might be having to drive from eugene, pick someone up in portland, and bring them to seattle tomorrow.

if anyone i've met happens to be in the vicinity and have free time, let me know.

also if there's the chance of me (potentially me and my friend, who is a male in his mid 20s) catching a catnap there or whatnot, that would be handy

i can work it out without any of this happening, but just figured, "if i'm in the neighborhood...."
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
seattle tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 06:21:26 pm »
i was able to reach my exboyfriend up there, and not only can i couch surf with him, but he's actually playing in concert tomorrow!

if you like lush electronica and beats, and are in the seattle area, feel free to come hang out. it's free. sadly, though, it's at a bar....you know what that means agewise. meh.

Sensory Effect presents OSCILLATE w/ HAKEA and MORI (SEA)
SENSORY EFFECT presents
OSCILLATE an experiment in sophisticated beat culture
Tuesdays
See Sound Lounge 115 Blanchard in Belltown
9pm
FREE!!!

This week (Nov. 23) we welcome

HAKEA (decibelfest-(SEA)
Hakea is Matt Carthum and Matt Turpin. These two wound up sharing a modest basement studio in Seattle where one's spatial DJ sound reverberated against the same walls as the other's synthprogramming. While they continue to push and pull each other in different directions, methods and goals conformed to the point that collaboration in the form of recording and performance as a single artist was the obvious path. Machining bits and pieces and compositing superstructures of sound, they reach for a craft to fold time and space.

MORI (isdiff records-PDX)
Mori is Brandon Fessler and Taylor Gehrts of Portland, Oregon. The sound of Mori's music varies from moments of peaceful sweeping sine waves to intricate digital rhythms. A combination of technical sound design with melodic structures, Mori's music is always experimental yet listenable. Besides producing music, Brandon and Taylor also help run Isdiff records. Their first EP was released september 2004, on Isdiff.

http://www.mori.nu

with residents
ELECTROSECT(sensoryeffect-SEA)
GREG SKIDMORE(pg series-SEA)

live visuals by FOC:EYE

See Sound Lounge is located in the heart of Belltown between 1st and 2nd on Blanchard. It is a comfortable club with nightly drink specials and a lite dinner menu until 10pm. Join us for an evening of live electronica and top shelf spirits......
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).