Author Topic: Brilliant idea!  (Read 11007 times)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Brilliant idea!
« on: November 21, 2004, 06:20:17 pm »
I've got a new scheme that I think everybody will appreciate. I'm going to crosspost this a bit to make sure I get feedback from the convention crowd.

You know how they have singing telegrams, flower delivery services and strippers who come to your party?
Well I've come up with just the thing for a glum otaku friend!

Glomps on Delivery!
You call up our hotline and give your friend's location, favorite anime girl, and a rough physical description to avoid mistakes. Then someone from our specially trained team of super KAWAII cosplay girls is selected to cosplay as that character and suprise the client at work or home with a glomping!
A special team of bishies would also be on hand to cheer up female clients!

Imagine how it will brighten your friend's day when Sailor Mars leaps into his cubicle and hugs him around the neck and then delivers an 8x10 print of the character with a personalized message from you printed on the back! They'll know you care enough to send the very cutest.

So who's with me? Is this not a truly brilliant idea?
I know the demand is out there, not a week goes by that one of my otaku pals doesn't need a pick me up!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 08:46:21 pm »
I'd pay to see the pics of the bystanders! ^.^
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline Zhalfirin

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.facebook.com/jephraux
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 12:21:03 am »
Not only do I like it, but I'd work for it 24/7 if ya need more people, hah! I'd definatly call in ^_~
"Yojimbo - Grown in the lush hills of Columbia. And with that sweet mahogany flavor, you know it's good!"

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 12:33:50 am »
Well, you sure this is okay, right?

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 06:56:13 am »
Quote from: "Aurora"

I'm not actually puting a business together.
I'm sure that it would be allright if you filledo ut the right permits.
It's not like the glomping will cross the line into prostitution or anything! It'd just be a very friendly delivery service.
I'd be more worried about the anime companies.

I just thought that this'd be a neat concept and wondered if anyone would actually use this service. It would also be a way to letthe cosplay girls out there know just how much they brighten our day!  :D
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 10:01:35 am »
Actually, I would like my friends to pay for the service...it would be so cool to be glomped by Wizard from Angelic Layer!

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 10:57:17 am »
LOL!!!
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Nyco27

• Chibi
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2004, 12:23:47 pm »
love it Tom, I totaly love it, when can I start?

Nyco
Kumoricon Programming Director 2006, 2007
Cosplay Manager 2006
Kumoricon RPG Coordinator '03 - '05

Long live the D12!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2004, 08:49:32 am »
Quote from: "Nyco27"
love it Tom, I totaly love it, when can I start?

Nyco

Now for my Gendo Burns impression....
 8)  Eeeeexcellent.
I believe that in July I will begin taking resume's for Tom's Glompagram Service.
Now to figure out where to get prints....
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 09:32:53 am »
im pretty sure my friends would go for the striper the pervs :P

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2004, 03:06:39 pm »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"
Quote from: "Aurora"

I'm not actually puting a business together.
I'm sure that it would be allright if you filledo ut the right permits.
It's not like the glomping will cross the line into prostitution or anything! It'd just be a very friendly delivery service.
I'd be more worried about the anime companies.

I just thought that this'd be a neat concept and wondered if anyone would actually use this service. It would also be a way to letthe cosplay girls out there know just how much they brighten our day!  :D

Well if that's the case, what are some of requirements on the Resume? :wink:

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2004, 06:49:50 pm »
Umm, I am pretty sure being randomly grabbed by someone, without their consent, is considered assault.

Not to throw the perverbial monkey wrench in the scheme of things, just making sure nobody gets arrested and stuff.

Otherwise, yeah, I like the idea. :D

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2004, 07:09:28 pm »
Hmm... This seems rather interesting. I'd love to see my friends glomp someone randomly. You know, you should have this service at Cons.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2004, 11:54:45 pm »
Quote from: "Dustin"
Umm, I am pretty sure being randomly grabbed by someone, without their consent, is considered assault.

Randomly? Nah, this is totally premeditated!
That'll get us conspiracy! It's like puting a hit out on somebody!

Hmmm...... resumes eh? Well I guess I'd need a picture of you in any costumes you might have.
At least one 8x10 glossy would be good.
Previous cosplay experience as well as vocal skills.
Among your personal data you'd want to include age, availability and your measurements........

<_<
Eh heh, eh heh.
>_>

Err....
Remember that we need Bishonen too guys!
I'm sure that Gundam pilots could cheer up a girl on a gloomy sunday!

thankyouforyourinterestallresumescanbesentto tomthefanboy@gmail.com!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2004, 01:14:36 pm »
This is a excellent idea!! I wanna send one now. Would you possibly be testing this idea out at a future Kumoricon?

[size=9]"I laughed, I cried, I died; inside."[/size]

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2004, 04:05:28 pm »
That's the plan Kei-Kei.
Though I don't think I'll be doing anything official or Con sponsored
...but if anyone is curious about helping or ordering one then just send me an email.
I'm not going to start scheduling until July though, but let's just use email everybody.
I wouldn't want anybody to get in trouble.  :wink:
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2004, 10:54:13 am »
dont even think about it keikei i would disown u and never fix the computer again hahahaha

Offline Oubeji

• Chibi
    • http://oubeji.deviantart.com/
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2004, 11:21:05 pm »
*pipes in* Any black spikey haired villan (Vegeta, Saitou Hajime, Rukawa, etc) would cheer me up on any day. I could really use some glomping right about now... *in middle of FINALS week*
-A.I-

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2004, 11:57:13 am »
i would find it highly amusing to send, receive, or perform
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2004, 10:33:26 am »
i can  sooo  really see this hapening at the next con
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Kikyo_of_Oregon

• Cabbit
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2005, 07:57:06 am »
Mmm...Yeah. I could use a Sano glomp these days. That would cheer me up for sure.

Just curious though. Would this be a free service, or a payment only?

Cause I know a certain group of girls who could use a wolfwood and a miroku...Although...with the miroku...is character behavior included? o.O
Pantsu!

~~~
Looking for previous wolfwood cosplayers. in need of help.

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2005, 07:11:07 pm »
Quote from: "Kikyo_of_Oregon"
Mmm...Yeah. I could use a Sano glomp these days. That would cheer me up for sure.

Just curious though. Would this be a free service, or a payment only?

Cause I know a certain group of girls who could use a wolfwood and a miroku...Although...with the miroku...is character behavior included? o.O

Good question, is character behavior included?

Offline ConsLookCool

• Oni
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2005, 02:22:33 am »
I’m sorry, I’m new here, what’s glomping?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2005, 08:22:01 am »
Quote from: "ConsLookCool"
I’m sorry, I’m new here, what’s glomping?

glomping is when at an event (anime con or other) some one runs up to youand says something like "OMG!! I LOVE :shock: LOVE YOU COSTUME :D " and then hugs you, you don't have to be at a con for it to happen, i was at my skools halloween party costume con dressed as a moogle and a guy huged me and said "i'm gonna be crushed if you don't win" i lost to a toilet

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2005, 09:34:10 am »
I suppose that the character behavior would be included to a point. They are supposed to be cosplaying and not just dressed up as someone.

The costs are something I've been thinking about myself. They would be modest really, this is for fun more than anything else. The cosplayer gets to brighten someone's day and have their cosplay appreciated by someone who loves the character.

The system hinges on two things, having enough cosplayers volunteer (or apply to think professionally) and how many clients we have request glompings.

I want you all to understand that SOMEONE ELSE pays/requests the glomp for you. you can't come up to me with a wad of cash saying "How much for that Wolfwood in the window!?". The idea is that a friend knows what characters you like and wants to cheer you up/ do something nice for you.

The system could be abused of course, with DBZ hating Naruto girls being sent a Vegeta.

I believe that for legal purposes I'm going to label the operation a Pocky Delivery Service. Hmmm....
Again, July is when I will begin reviewing applicants and processes.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline riverspree

• Chibi
    • http://www.kitzerkief.deviantart.com
Awsome
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2005, 10:44:47 pm »
I love that idea!!  But the real question is to be glomped or enjoy giving the glomp! hehe I can't wait.......oh and would it really be so wrong to have yourself glomped????    I could always abuse the privilage I'm sure!  :twisted:
Kumo 2007 Cosplays
Aya Natsume & Natsumi Tsujimoto
We'll just see how well River can keep these two names straight...

Offline Khaln

• Cabbit
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2005, 08:54:37 am »
I think people should totaly be able to order their own glomps! I mean who knows if we are down better than we do ourselves? Our pets I guess, but my cat it way to self centered to arrange for me to get glomped by tifa. :D Although if he did, I would buy him 30 pounds of cat nip.

Also if you had cloud stife glomping someone while wearing a buster sword... I wouldn't want to see Cloud Stife have to summon leviathan to help him break out of jail for aggravated assault. Course maybe he wouldn't have to as there would be otaku protesting everywhere that glomps were not assault. With all the otaku protesting the internet would become a goast town, and since we would all protest in costumes and since its all at the same time fabric stores would be sold out. So the economy as we know it could collapse what with the fabric store and internet industries going insane!

Also I think that some form of permission should be required as I can imagine my jerk friends sending Barret over to glomp me! I mean sure he's cool with the Mr. T thing going on and the gun arm, but I don't think I'd like to be glomped by Barret, especialy during school.

You could make the company non-profit and save yourself a lot of expenses in taxes (I think). Cause glomping is like a community service, show some statistics on how few people jump to their death while being glomped by an anime character and I think you could even get gov't funding. Of course in the statistics you make no mention of cosplayers posing dramaticaly on a rooftop/cliff only to be glomped by a pokey high fan and they both unfortunatly plummet to their death (happens more often than you'd think).
"I bet your lymph nodes are as big as cats!"

Offline Bunny_Mae

• Sailor Scout
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2005, 07:25:21 am »
Kahln.......O_o Do you stay up late at night and think about these strange scinarios? Hmmmm Governent funding for glomping...this could be interesting. ^_^

This sounds all real cool and stuff Tom, and I would love to 'deliver pocky', but normally I am shy, introverted, person who wasn't raised to run around and attack people, but if you need someone to just deliver pocky I think I could do that. ^__^ You could make it a double business, for thoes who dont want to send glomps, or maybe not so violent/craaazy/nock-you-over-and-scream-excited hugs, you could just send pocky and a letter. It could be like a dating service!
LET THE GIRL YOU LIKE KNOW SHE"S LIKED WITH A BOX OF POCKY, A LOVE LETTER, AND A NICE HUG AND A "YOUR COSTUMES CUTE".
Tee hee, just an idea. You could even commision someone to write nice love letters that you could sell for a small amout... *gets little money signs in her eyes* if you decided to charge fifty cents more for the box of pocky and a buck for the letter you could make some money! He he, I am just a mushy girl tho...Dating services might get a little more confusing than glomping...
 ^_^ Bunny
~I'm Addicted to Chocolate, I used to Snort Cocoa~

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2005, 08:05:58 am »
if they make white chocolate pocky it should be that kind cuz in japan first the girl likes a boy she gives him a chocolate heart the if he likes her back then he gives her a white chocolate heart (but it could be anything white like oh a marshmello or pocky)

Offline Bunny_Mae

• Sailor Scout
Brilliant idea!
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2005, 07:50:49 am »
They do make white pocky. I think there are two different white flavors, white chocolate and whipped cream?? I am not sure if thats what they call them but I know for sure that there is a whipped cream one, i've ate it before. ^__^
~I'm Addicted to Chocolate, I used to Snort Cocoa~