Author Topic: Pre-Con Concert Aug 28th...Freezepop!  (Read 2607 times)

Offline Oniyukai

• Cabbit
Pre-Con Concert Aug 28th...Freezepop!
« on: August 23, 2008, 09:36:30 pm »
If you all didn't know already...thursday night...an excellent nerdy electropop band, Freezepop is playing... Freezepop's "Less Talk more Rokk" is a Guitar Hero/Rockband Anthem since their electro-drummer is a creator of both games.  The concert is 21 and over and costs $13 advanced and $15 at the door. The electro-goth-industrial promoters at missionary and corrosion records are putting it on. So it will so it be a little spooky, but it might be fun if some brightly colored cosplayers came and nerded things out a little to the excellent synthesizer video game music. You can check out their other music here. I recommend the song, "ninja of love." Because its about two of the coolest things on the planet.

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
Re: Pre-Con Concert Aug 28th...Freezepop!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 02:28:28 am »
I love freezepop but i HATE downtown clubs, hip bars, etc. people are always jerks at those places. Sucks i have the day off too =P
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline Oniyukai

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 04:17:21 pm »
yeah...I know what you mean...it seems unless your a dyed-blond crack-addict-bodied-boy...your not going to get much of a smile out of anyone.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 11:54:29 pm »
Man, if I wasn't so broke I'd totally put up with the scene for that show.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 06:01:58 pm »
I didn't ask for that night off but I've never seen a show at the fez, most of the shows I've been to are not too bad unless they are overcrowded or really trendy.

They might be a good band to try to get at a k-con event next year, looks like they are playing at the penny arcade expo too.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 06:03:26 pm by melchizedek »
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Nanao_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 06:10:16 pm »
Aww man, Freezepop is awesome! But sadly, I am underage. And I agree about the clubs things. Unless you're some tiny waisted, big boobed blonde, don't think anyone's going to talk to you. :( I'm packing that night also, so I guess its not a total loss.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 06:10:59 pm by Nanao_chan »
-----------------------------
The Random Panel of Doom: More adults than you can shake some pocky at.
(RPoD Panelist 2008-2014)

Offline Faaedab

• Sailor Scout
    • My myspace
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 06:11:54 pm »
grrarrrrrrrrrrr i hate the rule 21+ two more years though and ill prob be saying otherwise
Working on my Reno cosplay. my hair is getting close to being long enough already w00t.