Author Topic: Apples to Apples Kumori Con Edition - help bring extra copies of the game!  (Read 4494 times)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Some of you may remember this topic.

For those of you who do (and anyone else who would like to play), I am pleased to announce that Apples to Apples: Kumori Con Edition has a green light and is scheduled for 6:30pm, Saturday (day 1) in the workshop room.  We'll have nearly 300 custom cards made specifically for Kumori Con, and any number of people will be able to play at once since we'll have several decks and multiple games running!

There is one slight setback: I only have one copy of the regular game, and we're using the green cards in that one game for the entire panel.  We can share them by trading stacks periodically, but it'd be easier if we just had more copies of the game.  If you have a copy of Apples to Apples, please bring it to this panel!  Or if you're not going to attend the panel but want to lend a game, bring it to me, Steve Unfred, or someone on staff who can find me, like a panel coordinator.

I also would like an assistant or two to help with simple tasks during the panel like passing out decks of cards and helping me demonstrate how the game is played. :) If you want an easy volunteer job, shoot me a PM!

A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
I have apples to apples but I just got it and I wouldn't want to lose any cards....its not a cheap game x.x

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
I have apples to apples but I just got it and I wouldn't want to lose any cards....its not a cheap game x.x

If you're coming to the panel, you could keep your copy of the game with you and only use it at the table you're playing.  If you have to leave, we can always adjust. The game is flexible. :)

Apollo Justice

Offline lolanime

• Cabbit
So if I come to this panel with my game, and only share it with the table im playing with, theres no way I am going to lose any cards?

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
So if I come to this panel with my game, and only share it with the table im playing with, theres no way I am going to lose any cards?

Well, red cards won't need to leave the box.  Green cards stay in a stack on the table until they are drawn, and are never supposed to go into anyone's hand.  Thus they should be easy to keep track of. Players will all have tables to play on, as well. And really, this game isn't prone to lost cards in the first place. The only major problem to avoid is keeping the decks from getting mixed together, so I'll be sure to separate the tables.

Here's my general advice: bring your copy of the game, and if after seeing how things are going to be run you are still concerned about losing cards, then you don't have to actually open your box. I'll make do with what we have, and I'll make sure everybody is understanding about your concern for lost property.  I've lost a game controller at a con before, among other things, so I understand why you want to be cautious.

One other bit of advice: feel free to come with friends, planning to play in the same game as them. Apples to Apples is more fun when at least two or three of the players already know each other. In fact, you might even make new friends that way. :) It's a social game!

Apollo Justice

Offline lolanime

• Cabbit
Thanks! I will have to do this. do you know when it is? Ill make sure to bring my posse.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Thanks! I will have to do this. do you know when it is? Ill make sure to bring my posse.

Here you go:

scheduled for 6:30pm, Saturday (day 1) in the workshop room.

:)

Apollo Justice

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
so i might be able to come and I have the game.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline lolanime

• Cabbit
lol totally missed that. My bad :] we will be there!