Author Topic: Naruto Cosplay Help  (Read 5782 times)

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
Naruto Cosplay Help
« on: November 12, 2004, 07:48:28 pm »
I havn't seen any Chouji cosplayers, so, I figured since I was a pretty big guy, I could pul it off.

The thing is its my first time cosplaying, and I have NO IDEA what to do. I already have two headbands (One regular, and one of the bandana ones), I am planning to use the bandana one, and just keep my entire head covered (Medical reasons, have a wound I really dont wanna show off).

I have an eBay auction going for some custom sized Naruto ninja shoes, and I am going to win it (even if its a bit costly), so, all thats really left is the two shirts, the muffler, some shorts, and I believe he also has a leg-strapped kunai holster.

I am begging for help, especially from the very great cosplayers.

I have no knowledge of sewing at all, so, thats why I am asking.

I will, of course, be willing to front some money and funding for fabrics, and even for the time of the person, or persons, who help me.

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this. :D

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Naruto Cosplay Help
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 03:54:44 pm »
Go shopping and look for some shirts that might work, you might find something. Also for the muffler, look for a scarf that matches, or you could do like I did for my Zabuza face wrapping and get 2-3 packs of salvage tape from a fabric shop, unfold,wash,iron and sew it together. good luck. Are you going to Sakuracon? See you there if you are.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Naruto Cosplay Help
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2004, 05:18:58 pm »
Chouji's costume is realativly easy to do if you just buy what you need, so you don't really have to worry about dewing.

Just buy a white shirt for his top and draw the designs on it with a red marker.  That's what my friend did for his Chouji costume, and it turned out really well. ^.^
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
Naruto Cosplay Help
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 12:10:21 am »
Quote from: "princessfrodo"
Chouji's costume is realativly easy to do if you just buy what you need, so you don't really have to worry about dewing.

Just buy a white shirt for his top and draw the designs on it with a red marker.  That's what my friend did for his Chouji costume, and it turned out really well. ^.^

Yeah, I was thinking of either using a marker or red paint.

Though, I think sewing a design on would be the best idea, as I am not a good artist.

I am not positive about Sakuracon yet, I might. A friend of mine is going to A-kon, so I might go there with him next year. I will definantly be at Kumoricon though.

I think I do know of a place I can get most of the clothes. Hopefully people won't be TOO angry if its not a perfect costume. :D

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Naruto Cosplay Help
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 01:34:50 am »
I don't think people will be too angry if it's not a PERFECT costume.  Costumes rarely are perfect.  And, not to be mean or anything, but I really don't know that many people who really look too closely at Chouji's costume. ^.^;
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
Naruto Cosplay Help
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2004, 01:18:48 pm »
Quote from: "princessfrodo"
I don't think people will be too angry if it's not a PERFECT costume.  Costumes rarely are perfect.  And, not to be mean or anything, but I really don't know that many people who really look too closely at Chouji's costume. ^.^;

Ouch, my pride.

Just kidding. I believe you're right. Hopefully, I might be able to get away without having a shuriken holster, I might not be able to add that insignia on his shirt either. Mostly because I don't have a full image of it to work with.

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Naruto Cosplay Help
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 03:36:11 pm »
The insignia is the Japanese character for "eat", inside a circle, all in red.  Easy peasy.  ^_^

(it's the top one in this line of characters: http://www5.big.or.jp/~otake/hey/kanji/gifmoji/fvb/taberu.gif )

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Naruto Cosplay Help
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2004, 12:14:22 am »
Quote from: "FilkAeris"
The insignia is the Japanese character for "eat", inside a circle, all in red.  Easy peasy.  ^_^

(it's the top one in this line of characters: http://www5.big.or.jp/~otake/hey/kanji/gifmoji/fvb/taberu.gif )

Let's see if my idea will work on this system...

้ฃŸในใ‚‹

Woohoo, it does!  It's the character on the left.