Author Topic: Original fiction contest? does it exist?  (Read 5125 times)

Offline kuri_chan

• Sailor Scout
Original fiction contest? does it exist?
« on: August 19, 2008, 01:43:19 am »
I know this has nothing to do with anime, but I heard last year there was an original fiction contest and I was really p.o that I missed it. I wanted to check and see if there was one this year. If so has the deadline passed? If not then how would I submit something for it and where?

Sorry to ask that all at once, but I don't want to miss it this year. lol. I look forward to those little things at the con, such as this. Please let me know. Thanks!

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Re: Original fiction contest? does it exist?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 11:53:16 am »
While we do not permit original fiction for this particular contest, original fiction is welcome to be turned in at con are encouraged to be entered into our  Fic-Into-Art Contest.

From the Fanfiction Contest rules.

So bring 'em in! You can also read original works at Fanfiction Bedtime Stories.

Offline kuri_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 01:21:14 pm »
well thats good to hear. so my next question is whens the deadline on something of novel length. I think its passed and I don't want to annoy the judges.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 10:42:37 pm »
Yes, the deadline for the whole contest is over.

Read this thread further up on the page (in the stickies) for more details.

Offline mellonemrys

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 06:10:58 pm »
Another thing to think about is if you want your story critiqued or beta-ed. We have several time blocks set aside for 'Open Beta' time where you can sit down with someone who will go over your writing with you.
Kate Fletcher
Assistant Director of Relations 2013
relations@kumoricon.org

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 01:45:05 pm »
Check our schedule for times that we are open for writers and editors (betas) to network. We also will have workshops related to editing, if that would be of service to you. :)

You might want to join the_creation_station@yahoogroups.com
We have quite a few members who have been involved in the NaNoWriMo process, and have given workshops on that as well as on writing original fiction outside the "sprint" context.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).