Author Topic: [FILLED] Trying to find more people for our room at the Doubletree  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Chek

• Chibi
    • Cheklov's Stupidblog
So. We've had three of our roomies back out, so we're down to my brother, myself and our friend.

But a side effect of having fewer people is the room price goes up, so...ew. Yeah. We're looking for one more person who can commit. It'll be from Friday night through Monday morning, and $105 for the whole time, because we're splitting the cost evenly and don't want to cram too many people in like the last few years.

We can try for two additional people, and the price will be $84 for the whole weekend. We don't really want to go more than that.

We're (bro and buddy) two males (26ish and early 20s...yes, I can't remember his age) and one (me) female (21). We'd like someone comfortable rooming with people of our ages (even though we act like we're younger. A lot.), who will keep themselves and their stuff nice and not funky, not jack our stuff :D, and is fun to chill with, because we're a load of lazy freaks.

I'll admit, my bro and I are rather leery of taking in a stranger, because we haven't had the best luck with roomies in the past, having a downright frightening person at one point, and a bunch of people who didn't pay for room space the year before that. But we're willing to give it a shot so we don't have to pay $150 each.

Go ahead and drop me a line if you're interested, either here or in a PM. Or at thepuppeteers@hotmail.com ....I'll get back to ya in short order.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 04:59:03 pm by DLoki »

Offline Chek

• Chibi
    • Cheklov's Stupidblog
Re: Trying to find more people for our room at the Doubletree
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 09:08:25 pm »
Aw, is no one interested? This is sucking.

I really didn't want to have to pay that much, but...eh, nothing for it, I guess.

Cut off for interest on this is going to be Thursday the 28th, 8:00 pm Pacific Standard Time, because after that point I am highly unlikely to be online until after con.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
Re: Trying to find more people for our room at the Doubletree
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 02:07:44 pm »
Aw, is no one interested? This is sucking.

I really didn't want to have to pay that much, but...eh, nothing for it, I guess.

Cut off for interest on this is going to be Thursday the 28th, 8:00 pm Pacific Standard Time, because after that point I am highly unlikely to be online until after con.
I'm not sure about paying to stay there, but if that doesn't work out, would I be able to either use the room to stow my stuff in a neat and tidy corner, or pay you back after the con, since that would be the 1st of the month? I'm trying to avoid staying at the hotel when I live 45 min away, but the problem of carrying my cosplays and gear through the halls, including my possible formal cosplay on Sunday, might disturb the crowd.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi