Author Topic: General Meeting follow-up question.  (Read 3926 times)

Offline PvtChipsDubbo

• Cabbit
General Meeting follow-up question.
« on: October 16, 2004, 02:12:29 am »
Hey K-fans,

Since some of you know who I am and/or why I did not make it to the first official general meeting at the central library, I have to ask something; How did it go and what happened?  Could someone who went leak some knowledge regarding the general meeting?
"You drive like a baboon in heat!"
"It is down to you and me mister fly."
"Oh I am sorry, did I break your concentration?"
"You no mess with Lo Wang."
                                                    -Lo Wang

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 09:25:04 pm »
hi, tim!

short version:

there were about 40 people there, including the con chair from sakuracon and his assistant; members of k-con's parent group: alto nimbus entertainment; congoers, volunteers and staff.

there was time for announcements, during which i announced the winners of our fanfic novella contest. (see separate thread; or i think you read them in the yahoo group.)

then we had the elections.

all the elections were uncontested, except for one.

in the uncontested elections, we still had an election process.

the current directors would provide the job description. the nominee would stand up and identify him/herself and why s/he wanted the job. s/he would then take questions from the floor, then leave the room so folks could field comments without the nominee present. then it was voice acclimation, with the opportunity for folks to voice opposition and for folks to abstain.

the uncontested positions, and those elected, were:

con chair: arlene (last year's assistant programming director, for live programming).
             note: i have been appointed her pre-event assistant :)

director of relations: sean (last year's con chair).

director of publicity: val (she did some relations and media work last year, i believe).

director of operations: brownie (last year's con chair assistant).

there is also one executive level position which is ongoing which is not elected: treasurer. that is tara, from alto nimbus (last year's treasurer).

another position which exists outside the election process is the webmaster: taper (no role last year, to my knowledge).

then there was the contested race. this was for programming chair.

beth (sailor naboo: last year's cosplay director) and guy (last year's AMV contest coordinator) tried to run cojointly, but this was not permitted by alto nimbus. there was a lot of discussion around process on this point.

beth, guy and the third nominee (in chronological order of nomination), nathan (last year's gaming director), brainstormed together and collaboratively drew up a delineation of how they would like to see themselves share responsibilities under the rubric of programming.

it was explained that the election was largely about who would serve as primary contact for all things related to programming, and who would have primary authority to appoint folks to positions related to programming, and to make decisions as regards it generally, while able to delegate specific areas to others.

the vote went to nathan.

there was then a few moments for folks to meet each other and sign up to volunteer, and name their areas of interest. then we adjourned.

i had tried to recruit folks to go see "ghost in the shell 2" afterwards, but ended up going alone.

and that's my summary for you! hope it helps! anyone else care to comment?

p.s. personal to tim: you'll be glad to know, several times fanfic was singled out for praise as an area of programming that blossomed surprisingly well :) thanks for all your help. i miss you! write me! :)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline spindrift76

• Cabbit
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 06:02:37 pm »
director of publicity: val

Okay I am a bit up set at this person, not because of anything she has done but it's what she hasn't done.  

she seemed to have been nominated by her boyfriend and his friend but she wasn't even there.  
Her only qualification that they could come up with was that she could spell.

I know I should have said something at the meeting but I was busy planing out and writing down notes.

She hasn't contacted anyone that offered to help her.

she was given a packet of already compleated work for publicty but still not word from her on what that intales.  

Kry and myself have offered to help and be apart of publicity we have many ideas and we are motivated to get involved.

I have worked on promotion for Independent Theater groups in Southern Oregon and also here in Portland.  I am a V.P. of Services at my school for Phi theta Kappa  and I am heading the promotions of events at my school.  

Val please contact me and Kry so that we can help you asap.  Let us meet before the next meeting.

Heidy
Minion of the Otaku 7

Offline zenix

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 01:54:45 am »
looks like its gonna be another great con

Offline Pezzer

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 12:05:29 pm »
Quote from: "spindrift76"
she seemed to have been nominated by her boyfriend and his friend but she wasn't even there.  

Ok let’s get some facts straight.
1) Sean (the former con chair) nominated her, I think the second came from Zack (the former publicity officer)
2) She actually was there at the meeting. If you remember she was sitting up in the front and got up and left when we voted.
Since I do talk to her on some frequency I will tell her to e-mail you or IM you.

-Eric
if you are reading this i have broken free

Offline spindrift76

• Cabbit
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2004, 06:42:42 pm »
Thanks to clearing that up. .... been trying for so long it seems to get some contact from this person.  

I am in contact with Val and we are working on some great ideas now.

I will contact you in a bit Kry.

Thanks
Minion of the Otaku 7