Author Topic: HP and the Half Blood Prince  (Read 4334 times)

oslapedo

HP and the Half Blood Prince
« on: August 17, 2008, 01:03:56 am »
I know I'm Harry Potter deprived when I get excited for the movies :D But since the epic saga of the books is complete I have to now rely on the movies to satisfy my Harry Potter needs. And guess what! The 6th movie is coming out this November or December. I saw a trailer of it in the movie theatre and I think they may pull it off. As long as it's better than HP: Order of the Phoenix movie it should be pretty nice to watch.

Actually, it'll be kind of depressing watching this movie considering all that happens. I anticipate how they protray the final chapters of the book within the film. I'm eager to see it ;D

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
Re: HP and the Half Blood Prince
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 01:19:49 am »
Um, word is it is getting pushed back into summer of 09 because it'll make more money in that season.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

oslapedo

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 01:23:47 am »
I refuse to believe that. And I saw movie trailer-age a few weeks ago. I'm going to live in denial because I really want me some HP action!

And they might not push it back considering that Deathly Hallows is being made into two movies. I know that the last DH movie is coming out in 2011, they could have the first part in 2009 or 2010 :3

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 04:09:04 am »
You really are in denial cause they already made an official announcement about it then made another announcement:

"The film will now hit theaters the same midsummer weekend that "Dark Knight" was released this year. Horn said the young, core Potter audience would be out of school and give the film a longer theatrical life. It will now open opposite Universal's special-effects comedy "Land of the Lost," which stars Will Ferrell. But Horn said there was nothing next year compared to this summer's especially dense slate of big-budget releases.

The article wrapped up with this quote from Horn: "We would never do anything to hurt one of the movies or the series. We love our fans."

There's even a petition going with over 25,000 signatures on it and a plan for all HP fans to boycott any movies from WB unless they put it back to November. But for now, it's moved to July 19th unless the fans get through to them, you can fandango it as well, they changed their release date, they just haven't gotten to re-doing the trailers yet. They let "Dark Knight" get to their heads. And apparently "Twilight" will open in November in place of Harry Potter.

What I don't get it is Harry Potters "hardcore" fans are mostly in college or at least in their last years of high school right now, since we all grew up with the books.... -_____- Kids now were too young to know about it when it came out.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 04:12:27 am by kimiski »

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 11:39:06 am »
I'm more interested in seeing J.K. Rowling's next book(s) than the next movie.  Few Authors make the same mistake Harper Lee made and simply stop writing after they make a masterpiece.

Actually, I've just called Shenanigans!  JK Rowling never existed!  It was actually William Shakespeare who wrote the books!  400 years ago!  He used the pseudonym JK Rowling, and wondered for hundreds of years whether or not people would ever realise that it stood for "Just Kidding ROFL".  Also!  Shakespeare never existed!  Nothing he wrote was ever written; it was simply thrust into the minds of the actors by an ACT OF GOD!

LOL conspiracy theories.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

oslapedo

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 12:55:25 pm »
You really are in denial cause they already made an official announcement about it then made another announcement:

"The film will now hit theaters the same midsummer weekend that "Dark Knight" was released this year. Horn said the young, core Potter audience would be out of school and give the film a longer theatrical life. It will now open opposite Universal's special-effects comedy "Land of the Lost," which stars Will Ferrell. But Horn said there was nothing next year compared to this summer's especially dense slate of big-budget releases.

The article wrapped up with this quote from Horn: "We would never do anything to hurt one of the movies or the series. We love our fans."

There's even a petition going with over 25,000 signatures on it and a plan for all HP fans to boycott any movies from WB unless they put it back to November. But for now, it's moved to July 19th unless the fans get through to them, you can fandango it as well, they changed their release date, they just haven't gotten to re-doing the trailers yet. They let "Dark Knight" get to their heads. And apparently "Twilight" will open in November in place of Harry Potter.

What I don't get it is Harry Potters "hardcore" fans are mostly in college or at least in their last years of high school right now, since we all grew up with the books.... -_____- Kids now were too young to know about it when it came out.
Nooo! I abhor Twiight! And you're right about the hardcore fans. Children now can just read the entire series wheneer it pleases them. Oh what a luxury that must be!

I need to find that petition so I can sign it. WB doesn't love their fans if they're making us wait. We've already been without new HP material for over a year! *sadness*

@ Dancing Tofu
JKR already has made a new book kind of, she hand wrote and doodled "The Tales of Beedle the Bard" but it's not available for mass consumption (yet). I want her to get on a Dumbledore spin off story ;D Or tales of the Marauders, that would also be pretty epic.

And LOL indeed at conspiracy theories XD

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 01:44:56 pm »
@ Dancing Tofu
JKR already has made a new book kind of, she hand wrote and doodled "The Tales of Beedle the Bard" but it's not available for mass consumption (yet). I want her to get on a Dumbledore spin off story ;D Or tales of the Marauders, that would also be pretty epic.
I think the new book is coming out Dec. 5th or somewhere around there.  I remember reading one of those extra Borders receipts advertising it.

oslapedo

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 01:53:31 pm »
I checked that on wiki and the new December book is the Beedle Bard one. Yay! I really wanted to read that ^_^

Btw, I signed the petition. An August release wouldn't be any fun because it'd spoil dressing up in house clothing and wearing scarves and hats and whatnot. They're making us wait from 3 months to 9 months... what the heck *very depressed after realizing the truth*

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/harrypotter6
^ petition if anyone's interested :3

Offline Soubi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 06:01:25 pm »
:/ I fail to see why this is a super bad thing. It's a movie.

But yay @ the idea of Twilight coming even sooner! That's exciting. <3
SakuraCon '08: Touma (Gravitation) & Zexion (KH:CoM)
KumoriCon '08: Zexion (KH:CoM) & Tatsumi (Yami no Matsuei)
AkiCon '08: Zexion (KH:CoM)
SakuraCon '09: Miku (Vocaloid)

oslapedo

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 06:08:57 pm »
It's a super bad thing because instead of waiting 3 months for it to come out, now we get to wait 11. As an uber intense HP fan that's a really long time. To me, the worst part is that Warner Bros is only dong that so they can milk HP for even more money. I wish JKR would say something about this ;_;

As for Twilight... nay. But I won't delve deeper than that, I hope you enjoy it :D

Offline Soubi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 06:18:12 pm »
Lmao, I've been a HP fan since grade school....And I still don't see why this is so friggin' bad.
:c Maybe I just got used to things being put off.
SakuraCon '08: Touma (Gravitation) & Zexion (KH:CoM)
KumoriCon '08: Zexion (KH:CoM) & Tatsumi (Yami no Matsuei)
AkiCon '08: Zexion (KH:CoM)
SakuraCon '09: Miku (Vocaloid)

oslapedo

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 06:31:10 pm »
The fangirl in me wants to punch Warner Bros in the face so badly. I was SO excited that HP6 would be in theatres in only a few short months after seeing the trailer, and then all of a sudden my parade is rained on because Warner Bros only thinks about money. It's a big deal because they deceived us. And the worst part: they STILL show the "HP6 out in November!" trailer in movie theatres. So much false hope!

The movie is done. They've finished everything. I just want to watch it, is that so hard to ask Warner Bros? ;_;

Offline julietta

• Cabbit
    • Dev.Art
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 09:21:34 pm »
It's crazy how this whole thing exploded into a Twilight/Harry Potter battle field D:
I love both books and all, I was just *VERY* excited for Harry Potter (since the 6th book is my fave)
I was very much depressed when they announced HP being pushed to July 2009, that's just CRAZY!
I love Twilight with all of my heart, but I'm afraid that I have a bad feeling about this...Especially Robert playing as Edward...Ugh.
Kumoricon 2008 - Haruhi Suzumiya~

oslapedo

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 09:57:06 pm »
I don't really care for Twilight, but I don't bring it into Harry Potter debacles.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 09:57:02 pm »

Nooo! I abhor Twiight! And you're right about the hardcore fans. Children now can just read the entire series wheneer it pleases them. Oh what a luxury that must be!

I need to find that petition so I can sign it. WB doesn't love their fans if they're making us wait. We've already been without new HP material for over a year! *sadness*

@ Dancing Tofu

And LOL indeed at conspiracy theories XD

Ah I see you found the petition :3
I'm just glad there will only be a few months between movie 7 part 1 and 2, omg cau u imagine waiting a year for part 2 of that movie?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 09:57:50 pm by kimiski »

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 12:42:58 pm »
Now I'm totally confused, because at the midnight opening of Clone Wars, there was a 1/2-blood prince preview, and it said November 2008.

I'd definitely prefer sticking w/that tradition........not only for the cosplayers, but I'm with you on that too......albeit that my cosplay last year (for book release and film opening) was as Aragog the giant spider, on rollerskates!!! (......the boggart scene from Prisoner of Azkaban.....)........Some day I'll try to be Snape in Neville's gramma's clothing.....yah.

Tales of Beedle the Bard will be in 2 editions. One made to look like the kind of book it would look like if held on screen in the film. The other a regular Scholastic. The first is going to run like $100 or so, and a small finite number. The profits are going to some kind of fund for kids in orphanages or something.....
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

oslapedo

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 01:57:36 pm »
I'm just glad there will only be a few months between movie 7 part 1 and 2, omg cau u imagine waiting a year for part 2 of that movie?

It would be quite brutal waiting a long time for part two of DH. Especially since I have an irksome feeling that they'll end part one on a cliffhanger of when *slight spoilers* Ron leaves the camp *end spoilers*. Curse you Warner Bros! *shakes fist*

@ Rem
I was confused too, because I had also seen the trailer advertising HP6 for November. Maybe Warner Bros will laughat us fans and tell us that they were actually just scheming a pre-emptive April Fools joke :/

Aragog on Skates sounds like pure win, all I do for the movie/book premieres is cosplay as Hermy, maybe I should branch out :D

I'm getting the $100 CE of Beedle the Bard :3 I preordered it a while ago, I can't wait for December to come!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 03:40:38 pm »
I am super bummed about this because that means I have to wait even longer for the LJ "lolpotter" community to create new macros.  :(
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 04:12:08 pm »
Yeah the cliffhanger is going to be intense, it's apparently top secret where they are leaving off. I guess originally it was supposed to be

SPOILER:
***(SPOILER>> Dobby's Death<<)*** End spoiler

But now the director is saying he never thought it would end up where it is.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 04:14:05 pm by kimiski »

oslapedo

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 07:21:54 pm »
Gosh the wait is already depressing me so much! If I knew that I only had to months to go I'd be fine...but 11? It's not helping at all that I found a 90 second long trailer full of EPIC WIN ;_;

I'm really praying that WB finds some kindness within themselves and changes their hearts back to what was originally planned. If they keep The Half Blood Prince pushed back to July I know I'll be boycotting WB (not that there's any good movies coming out from them x/)

Epic trailer that makes my heart weep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpCPvHJ6p90

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2008, 02:11:44 pm »

It would be quite brutal waiting a long time for part two of DH. Especially since I have an irksome feeling that they'll end part one on a cliffhanger of when *slight spoilers* Ron leaves the camp *end spoilers*. Curse you Warner Bros! *shakes fist*

@ Rem
I was confused too, because I had also seen the trailer advertising HP6 for November. Maybe Warner Bros will laughat us fans and tell us that they were actually just scheming a pre-emptive April Fools joke :/

Aragog on Skates sounds like pure win, all I do for the movie/book premieres is cosplay as Hermy, maybe I should branch out :D

I'm getting the $100 CE of Beedle the Bard :3 I preordered it a while ago, I can't wait for December to come!

*Loves*
I'd love to have a twin! We could skate together...til the mall security says no *buzzkill*
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

oslapedo

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2008, 02:34:29 pm »
Yay for HP-loving twinliciousness! Could you post pics of your Aragog cosplay? I'd love to see it ;D

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 02:46:12 pm »
my cosplay last year (for book release and film opening) was as Aragog the giant spider, on rollerskates!!! (......the boggart scene from Prisoner of Azkaban.....)........
:D sounds... fun

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 05:17:17 pm »
Actually someone did take a pic for me (the fanfic coordinator for KC 2003!). But it is on my old cell phone, for which I no longer have service. If I can find a way to upload it, I definitely will!
(I must admit that I rented the spider arms....but in the future am hoping to make them. The rollerskates were mine from Junior High, when I used to beat all the boys in the races!!)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 05:17:49 pm by RemSaverem »