Author Topic: NekoPan Maid Training Panel  (Read 12200 times)

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
    • NekoPan Maid Cafe and Bakery
NekoPan Maid Training Panel
« on: August 16, 2008, 11:26:50 am »
Hi guys!! 

We have had to change from the Midnight Snacks format of last year, because of some issues with the hotel (We can't serve our own foodies  ;__; ). 

So instead, we're going to be having a Maid Training class.  :3  We're putting together a bizarre little training video, and there will be tea and coffee to practice with. 

Since we still would love to give away some free stuff, but we want to be kosher about it, we'll hand out vouchers to the first so many people to come.  They can collect some goodies the next morning at our booth in the Exhibitors Hall/Artist Alley.  :)

We hope you'll come!

-//Maid Ichigo

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
Re: NekoPan Maid Training Panel
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 12:12:43 am »
weeeee. I would love to come. :3 when is it at?
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

oslapedo

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 01:35:41 am »
That sounds so fun! I'll try and be there ^_^

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 11:26:45 am »
I think it's on Saturday at 11pm?  I'm not entirely sure...I just know it's happening at 11pm on one of the days.  I'll know for sure when we get the little book with the panel listings.  :)

Oh, and it turns out we can give away treats, so we'll actually be giving away some free treats that night.  Using them as 'training tools'.  :3

oslapedo

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 01:07:35 pm »
That sounds delightful! Treats are nice :3

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 04:28:38 pm »
oooh yay! We do get treats. I think it was you guys that gave me free cookies last year because I was deedlit. I'm not sure.
da/tumblr

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 05:40:38 pm »
Hehee, yes, we finally got the OK to bring our own treats to the Panel!!   ;D 

First come first serve, so do keep that in mind!  :3

We gave out a lot of cookies last year, so it was probably us!  I feed chu some at the panel.  *bribes with cookies*  heehee~!

oslapedo

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 05:42:26 pm »
Yay! Cookies sweeten the deal! ;D

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 09:29:22 pm »
this pannelsounds like good training for being a good love wife

will com e in handy for when me and kendo boyfriend get hitched
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 08:38:52 am »
We'll teach you when it's appropriate to pummel, and when pummeling isn't such a good idea.  :-p  Our Maid Kura is working on a really strange little training video.  It'll be fabulous.

And we should have a tiny little practice time, providing that we're allowed to bring in some water for our coffees and teas....If that doesn't work out, then we'll just serve you everything.

^______^
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 08:47:07 am by Ruriko »

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 04:13:44 pm »
Hehee, yes, we finally got the OK to bring our own treats to the Panel!!   ;D 

First come first serve, so do keep that in mind!  :3

We gave out a lot of cookies last year, so it was probably us!  I feed chu some at the panel.  *bribes with cookies*  heehee~!
weee more treats! :3 they were delicious. I can't wait for this panel.
da/tumblr

Offline lin_hikaru_7

• Sailor Scout
    • [chaoTIC QUIXOtic]
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 08:00:01 pm »
Wow, I love you NekoPan.

I should be getting some super Maid action this con, a Squad and a Panel!

Yeah, I'll have creds in case I am stranded in Akihabara with only a a frilly white apron and a katyusa.

Now excuse me, I have to go practice looking cute and saying "Irashaimase, Goshujin-sama!"

And balancing trays of pastries and coffee drinks. That will be the hardest. @_@
cosHISTORY

Sakura Con 06
   Kinomoto Sakura ~pink kitty ver~

Kumori Con 06
   Olette ~khii~
   Marlene ~ffviiac~

Kumori Con 07
   Elena ~ffviibc~

Kumori Con 08
   Elena ~ffviibc~
   Hatsune Miku ~vocaloid~

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 11:44:35 pm »
Hi guys!! 

We have had to change from the Midnight Snacks format of last year, because of some issues with the hotel (We can't serve our own foodies  ;__; ). 

So instead, we're going to be having a Maid Training class.  :3  We're putting together a bizarre little training video, and there will be tea and coffee to practice with. 

Since we still would love to give away some free stuff, but we want to be kosher about it, we'll hand out vouchers to the first so many people to come.  They can collect some goodies the next morning at our booth in the Exhibitors Hall/Artist Alley.  :)

We hope you'll come!

-//Maid Ichigo

HEY JEN its me chado :P, the merchant

i want to go to your training panel... ive done tons of dining room service in culinary school =3
i can help or just be a student doesnt matter either way <_< >_> *whispers* save me a voucher
www.myspace.com/parasolcosplay         
Kumoricon 08
~LEEROY JENKINS - World of Warcraft
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 01:47:45 pm »
It'll be a little different training than the maid cafes in Japan (namely because we're not..you know...in Japan :3 ), but hopefully you'll laugh and have a good time!!  We're working really hard to make sure that its an interesting and silly little experience.  :3

Chado!!  :D  We're actually able to serve our own treats!  Are you not going to be able to stop by?

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 11:33:36 pm »
It'll be a little different training than the maid cafes in Japan (namely because we're not..you know...in Japan :3 ), but hopefully you'll laugh and have a good time!!  We're working really hard to make sure that its an interesting and silly little experience.  :3

Chado!!  :D  We're actually able to serve our own treats!  Are you not going to be able to stop by?

lol im gonna stop by silly cat face. i'll always make time for Nekopan =D i <3 you guys
www.myspace.com/parasolcosplay         
Kumoricon 08
~LEEROY JENKINS - World of Warcraft
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2008, 10:29:24 am »
I should put my cupcake back up on youtube. I had a video of me eating a NekoPan cupcake at the July (or maybe June) meeting.

I think that I'll come an film this panel, I don't have anything else going on that late.

I don't think they're going to have a projector and screen in Rounds though. :-\
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2008, 12:30:39 pm »
Ah, poopy.  We'll figure it out.  Worst case we can act out our training video, which is could be really fun.  :)  We'll plan for no projector then....

It'd be fun to see your little video!!  If you decide to put it back up, please let me know so I can watch it.  :3  You're more than welcome to stop by, I hope that we can entertain you!!  We're still trying to figure out exactly what is going to happen here, as things keep changing around...So, we'll get there, assess what we've got to work with, and fly with it!  :)  Miau~!! :)

oslapedo

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2008, 12:23:42 am »
You guys are so enthusiastic for this panel, and as someone going to it that really pumps me up! I'd come to this even if there wasn't food! <3

Offline Nanao_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2008, 09:26:45 am »
Yay! My first taste of NekoPan! I would always drool as I went by the case in the vedors garage last year. I'm so getting some this time!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 09:27:40 am by Nanao_chan »
-----------------------------
The Random Panel of Doom: More adults than you can shake some pocky at.
(RPoD Panelist 2008-2014)

oslapedo

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 03:23:51 am »
I sadly couldn't come to this because it occurred during the masquerade. What did you all do? I've recently been thinking of hosting a Maid Cafe kinda thing at KCon, and maybe you could bestow some maidly words of wisdom upon me if that's possible xD

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 06:46:15 am »
Maid training sounds fun!  ;D

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 07:23:25 am »
I missed this?! poopy ;_;

On a side note I do really love you guys nekopan <3 I remeber at the con I was running at Mach 5 from the cosplay skits room to the vendors hall looking for you guys to get some food for my friends, and you guys were really nice and speedy when you heard I needed to get back there as fast as I could (it was almost our practice time) and our group LOVED the ramune cupcakes <3 you guys are awsome!
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2008, 10:26:00 pm »
I didn't get to go to the panel, but I do know that you guys had amazing wasabi cupcakes. I really wish I'd been able to go to the panel, too. Next year for sure!  :D
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2008, 10:10:42 am »
The panel was really small-- we had it late at night because we were planning on having an A/V set up, and one of our maids likes to swear.  So, in the interest of keeping everything safe, we went there....We didn't end up getting the A/V set up afterall, but we had a mini spur of the moment tea-cup race (to see who the deftest maid was), and handed out cupcakes.

It wasn't much of a training panel in hindsight, but it was hard to yell information over the rave that was going on next door.  :-P 

We're planning on getting the video done (we're doing a proper training video) for next year, and that will hopefully be loud enough that people can hear it, hehe!!  Next year will be epic.  >:3

Thank you for the compliments~!  They mean a lot to us!  We will continue to work hard for you!

-Ichigo and the NekoPan Maids