Author Topic: Cosplay/Badge insight?  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Raidy

• Cabbit
    • Myspace!
Cosplay/Badge insight?
« on: August 12, 2008, 12:36:25 am »
Sorry for my first post being like this. I'm not quite sure this is the correct spot for this stuff.
I ordered my costume from Cosplay Magic . Com and it arrived- late and incorrect. So instead
of a Jiraiya cosplay from Naruto, I got the main outfit from Bleach- the black style reaper clothes.
Now, I really want to cosplay some this Kumoricon but... I don't know -a lot- about Bleach. I can
rattle off a few of the characters and their synopsis... but I'm also really shy and stuff.. so I dunno.
That and they didn't send a wig of any sort, no Jiraiya or Ichigo... Well I wonder if just being a
shinigami in general is considered... stupid? Attached are a couple of examples.

Also, I created name-badges for my husband and myself. I'm sure they're allowed but I've seen something
about buying badges in advanced and stuff like that. We plan on paying at the door for the weekend...
so if I am allowed to print these out and wear them with him.... That'd be cool. If not.. feh. Oh well. XD

So um.. ^////^ I dunno... feedback?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Re: Cosplay/Badge insight?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 07:21:07 am »
on the costume, anythng is fine really there is no law about what type of costumes are allowed (type wise, now reaveling wise thats another story)

on badges, you will get a badge with your name on it at the door attached to a lanyard, that you must wear while at con, with the lanyard displayed you can wear a badge you make you self in addition i'm sure,

but yeah help suggestions sectionis always a good spot for questions
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 10:16:54 am »
Yes, you can definitely wear that costume and your badges. Cheers!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Raidy

• Cabbit
    • Myspace!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 10:44:00 am »
Thanks for the feedback, it's greatly appreciated.  Hah, I just did
two double shifts at work so I was so tired when posting last night
I didn't see that there was a help/suggestions thread.. O: