Author Topic: Whats Hot in Manga/Anime?  (Read 5829 times)

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
    • Angel Sorrows: The Official Tainted Angel Website (OS)
Whats Hot in Manga/Anime?
« on: August 05, 2008, 11:51:36 pm »
I've been out of the anime front for a while 'cause I work late nights doing God knows what but I just haven't had the chance to get my hands on some juicy anime lately but I do read a lot of manga.  So what's popular right now in the fanart front?  I know the obvious: Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Kingdom Hearts, and Final Fantasy but what else?

Please list some series you would like to see at the con.  This will SERIOUSLY help us out.  And please tell us what you want as far as merchandise goes.

Thanks!
Parents; be good to your kids.... they'll be choosing your nursing home.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Re: Whats Hot in Manga/Anime?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 12:28:17 am »
Well, it's video games (save for two unsuccessful animes), but Final Fantasy art is always a seller. And if you get any games from before 7, you'll get fan adoration.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 07:40:54 am »
Well, other than those you listed, Hellsing and Trinity Blood are pretty huge. Also there's Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, and Inuyasha. Those are some I can remember right now.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 10:27:36 pm »
well trinity blood has already been mentioned. maybe haruhi suzumiya if you haven't made any. death note too. I'd like to see some pokemon just for the heck of it. ^_^ lol maybe try some princess tutu. I know a lot of people that like that series.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 01:57:54 am »
Everything I like (the one anime and the two manga... Plus the 8,000 video games...) are things no one's heard about or paid very much attention to, it seems. 8D;;; Uhh, well.  Rozen Maiden is my favorite anime/manga, and Et Cetera is a close second for manga.  I guess you could add Karin/Chibi Vampire in there if you want, but it's really cheesy.  My favorite game is Tales of Legendia...

As for things you could probably sell fairly well?  Um... Everyove LOEV Twilight, so you could make, like, bookmarks of those characters or something.  Then for a joke you could do some Mudkips stuff.  Anyone who gets the joke will laugh or buy something, and then the Pokemon fans who don't get the joke will be like, "Omg!  I luv Mudkips!!!!" as other people have mentioned, Haruhi Suzumiya and Death Note should sell pretty well.  Oh!  Phoenix Wright things should actually sell okay too, and I might be included in buyers. 8D; If you draw and HAWT SEXAY PIN-UPS I'm sure you'll get a few buyers for generic things like that, too...

I'm sorry I don't contribute much... 8D;;;; I hope this helped a little bit, though.  But I will add that if you do anything Death Note the fans will be all over you like fruit flies.  If you were like, a moldy peach or something.  Yeah...
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 02:06:04 am »
Mudkipz are over. Slowpoke and Palkia are where the Poké-funny is now.

Especially Palkia. Guess why.

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 03:55:13 am »
Mudkipz are over. Slowpoke and Palkia are where the Poké-funny is now.

Especially Palkia. Guess why.

...;-;

.......no.
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
    • Angel Sorrows: The Official Tainted Angel Website (OS)
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 02:00:51 pm »
Everything I like (the one anime and the two manga... Plus the 8,000 video games...) are things no one's heard about or paid very much attention to, it seems. 8D;;; Uhh, well.  Rozen Maiden is my favorite anime/manga, and Et Cetera is a close second for manga.  I guess you could add Karin/Chibi Vampire in there if you want, but it's really cheesy.  My favorite game is Tales of Legendia...

As for things you could probably sell fairly well?  Um... Everyove LOEV Twilight, so you could make, like, bookmarks of those characters or something.  Then for a joke you could do some Mudkips stuff.  Anyone who gets the joke will laugh or buy something, and then the Pokemon fans who don't get the joke will be like, "Omg!  I luv Mudkips!!!!" as other people have mentioned, Haruhi Suzumiya and Death Note should sell pretty well.  Oh!  Phoenix Wright things should actually sell okay too, and I might be included in buyers. 8D; If you draw and HAWT SEXAY PIN-UPS I'm sure you'll get a few buyers for generic things like that, too...

I'm sorry I don't contribute much... 8D;;;; I hope this helped a little bit, though.  But I will add that if you do anything Death Note the fans will be all over you like fruit flies.  If you were like, a moldy peach or something.  Yeah...

Have not seen Phoenix Wright but I will one day.  Heheh!

Thanks!  I'll consider those ideas.
Parents; be good to your kids.... they'll be choosing your nursing home.