Author Topic: Artist Alley Question  (Read 5813 times)

Offline Mykath

• Cabbit
    • dA Account
Artist Alley Question
« on: May 01, 2008, 08:35:08 pm »
I am attempting to get a table reserved for a couple friends of mine and me.

I'm not sure if they sell out real fast here or not, since I only went to the 2007 before (and that was last minute), and this is my first year trying to register a table. 

I sent my first email on March 27, and my second on April 18 to: exhibitors (at) kumoricon (dot) org. I've been patient but I have not received a single reply, and am starting to get concerned. So I figured I'd make a post here to see if they're just not checking the email, or they're not giving me a reply because the tables are filled up or whatever.

Information regarding this would be most helpful.

:D Thanks.

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
Re: Artist Alley Question
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 05:41:49 pm »
It took them about a month to get back to me through email. They sent me the forms though. I can forward them to you so you can mail them off if you want. n.n

Edit: If that's alright anyway. Is that allowed? XD
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 05:43:22 pm by GenkiIchigo »

Offline Mykath

• Cabbit
    • dA Account
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 02:28:55 am »
Yeah, if that's allowed, that'd be really awesome. XD

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 06:01:58 pm »
Yeah. n.n Did you get my PM?

Offline Mykath

• Cabbit
    • dA Account
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 08:41:14 pm »
Yes, thanks a ton.

n_n

Offline lolanime

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 09:39:03 pm »
I too have sent an email regarding an artists alley table and havent gotten a response. Starting to wonder if maybe we are being ignored.

Offline lolanime

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 04:48:46 pm »
genki: thanks for the pm, i dont know if you got my response, im posting from my phone. Long response short- think you can send me the app too?

Offline Mykath

• Cabbit
    • dA Account
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 02:15:04 pm »
I sent the PM, but I haven't gotten any response, AND I still haven't gotten an email response. I'm beginning to get very frustrated with this, because I need to know if I need to do a lot of art for the con or not.

:-\

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 02:30:07 pm »
Try sending the e-mail again (she had been having e-mail issues, but that was fixed recently), and you can also PM her on the forum - her username is Lori.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Mykath

• Cabbit
    • dA Account
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 02:52:24 pm »
Yeah, I sent a PM a couple weeks ago and got nothing in return.

Anyway, i'll try emailing her again.

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 07:40:27 am »
I'm getting very frustrated as well.  I was told when given the forms for this year's Artist Alley to wait till the official post was made to send in the forms, and nothing like that ever happened.  I've sent an email and send a note through to DA for the coordinator, and haven't heard anything since.  She claimed to email those in need of information last Monday, but none of us heard anything.

Offline Misuteru

• Sailor Scout
    • DevART
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 09:58:03 pm »
?_? lol I'm another person who's sent in an e-mail about the artist alley and never received a response.

I heard a rumor that the artist alley was closed?? is that why no ones getting a response now?

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 12:08:18 am »
?_? lol I'm another person who's sent in an e-mail about the artist alley and never received a response.

I heard a rumor that the artist alley was closed?? is that why no ones getting a response now?

http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=6827.0

We were told that the coordinator will be expanding artist alley.  She told people she would be getting back to them last monday when she returned from the convention.

None of us have gotten replies yet.  I'm also rather upset that when given forms at the end of the con last year, no one told us the alley was automatically open and that we could pay for it then and there, otherwise I would have done so a LONG time ago.  When we got the forms last year they told us, "Would you like a form for next year?  So that you can fill it out when we open registration for the artist alley?"  =/  NO ONE said AA was open, so I was totally in the dark.  Then all of the sudden, tables are sold out.  How did people know to just send them in, why was it never mentioned that it was open for registration?  Someone needs to keep us artists informed, seriously.

Offline Misuteru

• Sailor Scout
    • DevART
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 12:23:55 pm »
:O! Thank you for the Chevi <3 I hadn't thought to check fan creations xD

lol I wasn't able to attend last years kumoricon so I was completely unaware of any forms that were handed out at last years con. ?_? Last year I was able to get a form within about a week or so of sending an e-mail (even though later I found I was unable to attend U_U). So I thought I could just e-mail again this year, only to find that I've been....ignored? I've seen it posted more than once that the e-mail problem was fixed...

;_; So far the Exhibits Hall Manager is not giving me the best impression, I'm hoping that will change soon ):

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
    • http://nikorescafe.com
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 05:39:43 pm »
There's another thread about this - But...seems this is a much bigger problem then just a few people. The other threads are here:

http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=6807.0

http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=6827.0

Info is being posted as anyone finds more stuff out about it (in the AA2008 thread). So keep an eye out! Don't worry, it's not just you getting no reply, it's a lot of people. The Exhibits person doesn't seem to be on the forums often (if at all) so I'd stick to the email, instead of forum PM. I was told they were getting through since the email-problem is fixed, but I never got an email response either. Must be some hell of a backlog.... >_>

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2008, 04:26:01 pm »
Nobody is replying to my post in the other forum, so I thought I'd try here.

I've also not received any return e-mails for a month.  Can we please get somebody to deal with this?
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline StrawberryJeli

• Cabbit
    • http://strawberryjeli.deviantart.com
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2008, 07:22:46 pm »
I've been trying to email about getting a table at least once every month since April. I also have not received any reply. This is really disappointing. Also inconvenient, because until I know whether I can get a table or not I can't register.

Offline Pezzer

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2008, 08:00:07 pm »
I've been trying to email about getting a table at least once every month since April. I also have not received any reply. This is really disappointing. Also inconvenient, because until I know whether I can get a table or not I can't register.

Artist Alley booths come with one Pass to the convention.
if you are reading this i have broken free

Offline StrawberryJeli

• Cabbit
    • http://strawberryjeli.deviantart.com
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2008, 08:11:36 pm »

Artist Alley booths come with one Pass to the convention.

Thanks, but that's not what I meant, sorry if I was unclear. I've had a table in the artist alley twice before. What I meant was that I plan to register for a regular membership if I can't get into the artist alley. I'm just hoping someone will give us a response before it's too late to pre-reg.

Offline lolanime

• Cabbit
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 12:05:16 am »
yeah, thats the same problem i had. Im honestly thinking of going to a meeting (i live all the way in tacoma) and seeing if there is anything that can be done.

Offline khaosvanity

• Sailor Scout
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2008, 03:54:12 pm »
Is there any way we can have a list to see who has a table?
My table was paid for last year (at the con), and I still haven't gotten any confirmation.

A simple list like this would be awesome:

"<Company Name, inc> (Table confirmed)"
.empty movement.

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 08:28:03 pm »
If she's too lazy to answer her messages, she probably won't go to a meeting.
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline Cpl. Slicks

• Cabbit
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 10:03:10 pm »
Hi, Y'all.

Lori's email was not recognizing emails sent to "exibitors@kumoricon" for about a month. This, combined with the backlog of both Artist Alley and Exhibitors work that has to be caught up on, as well as the natural two to five week lag, depending on when you mailed your paperwork, because of having to have someone deliver mail to her in Seattle, from Portland, has led to the current appearance of the lack of responsiveness on her part. I have been working with her on getting back on track, and this should be resolved within the next few weeks.

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2008, 10:21:47 pm »
Hi, Y'all.

Lori's email was not recognizing emails sent to "exibitors@kumoricon" for about a month. This, combined with the backlog of both Artist Alley and Exhibitors work that has to be caught up on, as well as the natural two to five week lag, depending on when you mailed your paperwork, because of having to have someone deliver mail to her in Seattle, from Portland, has led to the current appearance of the lack of responsiveness on her part. I have been working with her on getting back on track, and this should be resolved within the next few weeks.

It's been a few weeks, it's a month or less to the convention.  I haven't been confirmed, people are worried, there's rumors of overbooking.  I'm hoping if anything, Saturday will be the day we finally know what's going on.  I have people waiting on me to pre-reg, and since I don't know if I'm confirmed, I have ALOT of work to do in a VERY little amount of time.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2008, 04:27:47 pm »
Hi, Y'all.

It's been a few weeks, it's a month or less to the convention.  I haven't been confirmed, people are worried, there's rumors of overbooking.  I'm hoping if anything, Saturday will be the day we finally know what's going on.  I have people waiting on me to pre-reg, and since I don't know if I'm confirmed, I have ALOT of work to do in a VERY little amount of time.

*nods*
Yup.
Well there's a meeting tomorrow and the conbook has gone to the printer.
Perhaps the book will have a list of featured vendors.
-Not that it'll help AA, but it's more clues.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010