Author Topic: August is Asia-Extreme Month for Comcast!  (Read 3710 times)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
August is Asia-Extreme Month for Comcast!
« on: July 31, 2008, 09:41:29 am »
Or so it would seem. If you have digital cable, then this month could be a treat. Comcast's onDemand free movies now have about 8 or 9 new Asia-Extreme films to check out. Of course, like all films, they can be hit or miss, but at least they are there and for free!

In this collection, they actually have Oldboy! If you've seen it, you know how amazing it is and how awesome it is that this movie has been made available; and if you haven't seen it, give it a shot. It's pretty amazing, if you ask me. A couple others included are Bright Future (with Ichi the Killer's Tadanobu Asano), and The Maid. Bright Future.....well that's an odd one, but it is still pretty interesting, and I'm currently watching The Maid. Seems like it will be good, what's not to like about the gate to Hell being opened and ghosts coming out and terrorizing Tokyo? lol

So yes, August looks like a good month for fans of Asia-Extreme, if you have digital cable. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Re: August is Asia-Extreme Month for Comcast!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 10:07:18 am »
I think I'll definitely be looking into this on Saturday. I don't use our On Demand stuff much since I keep myself busy with other things. TV just sort of plays in the background when there's good shows on.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 10:36:48 am »
That's pretty much my story 99% of the time. I don't have the attention span to not multitask, lol. Even now, I have Claymore on (yes, I bailed on The Maid, got distracted too many times, lol), but I am still here on the forums. I think I could count the times I have actually sat down and just watched tv or a movie on one hand. I'm always doing something else. I think I have focus issues, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 05:40:29 pm »
really? I'll definitely have to check it out. do you know all the titles of them or are they all in one sub section in free movies?
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 05:55:04 pm »
They are spread out through the Free Movies category. I don't have access to it right now, but let's see what I can remember....Bright Future, Oldboy, The Maid....ah, I'll have to get back to you on that, lol. But there are a few in each section (as in a few in A-L and a few in M-Z).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 05:56:18 pm »
If I'm not mistaken, they're also running a promo where if you sign up for their Triple Play package, you get a Wii for free!

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 05:57:02 pm »
If I'm not mistaken, they're also running a promo where if you sign up for their Triple Play package, you get a Wii for free!

Wow! That's beyond my knowing but if that's true that's amazing!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 05:58:20 pm »

Wow! That's beyond my knowing but if that's true that's amazing!

I just looked it up, and it's true!

http://www.comcast.com/About/PressRelease/PressReleaseDetail.ashx?PRID=782&fss=wii

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 06:02:28 pm »
Well that is awesome. Even if it is a high price, that's still killer that they are even offering that. Makes me wish I didn't already have two of the three services.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 08:26:38 pm »
sweet, just when i needs some movies chris got his tonisal out today and will be out sick for a week
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 04:36:29 am »
sweet, just when i needs some movies chris got his tonisal out today and will be out sick for a week

Ah, good timing. Hope he can get some rest and heal up well, with some entertaining (not always good) movies, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!