Author Topic: Need drawing help!  (Read 8922 times)

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
Need drawing help!
« on: July 30, 2008, 11:27:25 pm »
Ok, so I'm starting to get back into the swing of things for drawing. I'm horrible at doing poses however and the like, and I know there are several tutorials out there that can help. Only problem  is, with the luck I've been having, none of those sites have popped up.

I mainly need side views of a human male in variant poses.

Does anyone know a good program that can simulate the poses....I've seen them.....

Thanks...
-Altair/Heero
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
Re: Need drawing help!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 12:10:21 am »
Er... I dunno about programs, but I've seen those little wooden dolls for poses at craft stores for only about 4 bucks o3o; I hope that helps somehow...

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 12:22:12 am »
Er... I dunno about programs, but I've seen those little wooden dolls for poses at craft stores for only about 4 bucks o3o; I hope that helps somehow...

Good point, yeah, I've seen those too. *makes mental note to get one tomorrow* Thanks!
-Altair/Heero
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline mellonemrys

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 12:42:00 am »
Honestly I use manga for poses, if there's a pose I like in a manga I have I use that for reference. Or photos. Or art books...heck I use anything I can find for references. But RL photos are great cause they can give you an idea how fabrics should fold and where shadows should fall.
Kate Fletcher
Assistant Director of Relations 2013
relations@kumoricon.org

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 02:39:13 am »
http://www.posemaniacs.com is a great site for poses (and even a bit of help on anatomy)

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 03:21:40 am »
http://www.posemaniacs.com is a great site for poses (and even a bit of help on anatomy)

OMG......*tackle-glomps* Thank you so much, that helps me out very much.

Slowly getting better at drawing full-body pictures......I need to work on clothing too...>.<;;
-Heero/Altair
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 05:47:15 pm »
if I need an interesting pose or one to do because I don't know what to do I usually try to do a pose in the mirror or ask someone to pose for me so I know what angles and shapes of the body I'm getting.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 10:56:40 pm »
Pretty much everything I could recommend has already been mentioned.
Personally I use either an example from a manga or I'll imitate the position if I can.
Another possibility is people watching.  Find a quiet spot somewhere, select someone, and practice drawing them.  But whatever you do, do not stare at them for long periods of time otherwise it creeps them out.  Select someone on the other side of the room, take a quick glance, then look back at your drawing.

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
    • Angel Sorrows: The Official Tainted Angel Website (OS)
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 08:25:05 pm »
There is a book that you can download poses from.  I think it's Comickers.  It's some ultimate pose guide.

My advise would be to just take some photographs of people who you ask to photograph and just go from there.  The best practice is taking something that realistic and making a characature of it.
Parents; be good to your kids.... they'll be choosing your nursing home.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 02:29:10 pm »
At the Creation Station at Kumoricon, we're having a series of "mini panels" about how to do various subsets of anime-related art. I'm sure some of them will involve figure drawing, so check them out!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 02:37:59 am »
At the Creation Station at Kumoricon, we're having a series of "mini panels" about how to do various subsets of anime-related art. I'm sure some of them will involve figure drawing, so check them out!

I'll definately check it out! (if I have the time...<.<.......>.>.......)
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 09:04:19 am »

Excellent!
Most of our mini-panels are only a half-hour long, so you probably can squeeze them in between other con events!
Though fair warning: Once you get to the Creation Station, you may want to linger and draw and color with our loaner Copic supplies! :)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).