Author Topic: After the craft panels: Dolly Making, Fandom Bears, etc.  (Read 2847 times)

Offline Saki

• Oni
After the craft panels: Dolly Making, Fandom Bears, etc.
« on: September 01, 2008, 03:34:20 pm »
Unfortunately I didn't make it to any of the creation panels, so I was wondering how they went. You guys have fun? Anyone want to share pictures of what they made?

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: After the craft panels: Dolly Making, Fandom Bears, etc.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 01:23:06 pm »
I coordinate the rooms where these events are held. I didn't have a chance to make my own dolly or plushie, but I did get to be there to see the sheer glee that participants had in being able to do so. And someone made me a plushie based on star wars! Awesomeness!!

We do have sign-up sheets at the Creation Station for each session of each of these craft panels, because they are so popular. Next year it would be a great idea for you to hop by the room and sign up in advance. Were you unable to go because we were too full? Or just busy enjoying other fun parts of the con?

Next year we're contemplating having at least Dolly Making (I haven't talked to the host of Fandom Bears yet) run 3 panels instead of 2, and/or 3-hour panels instead of 2-hours. This is in part because we've had more people want to come than the rooms can hold or that we've had supplies for, and in part because I've seen some people sitting in the hallways finishing the fine points of the costumes on their dollies. So what would people think of, for example, 2 panels of Dolly-Making I (basics; getting started) and then on Monday, one of Dolly-Making II (finishing projects; embellishing their costumes, etc.)? Would the same be helpful for Fandom Bears, or did 2 hours seem enough time for that one? Did it work to have some folks creating costumes for already existing bears, and some creating new critters out of felt, at the same time? Or should those be separate panels?
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).