Author Topic: Rock Band '08 possibly?  (Read 42941 times)

Offline Ryanne_monday

• Cabbit
    • My myspace
Re: Rock Band '08 possibly?
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2008, 04:56:53 pm »
Okay -  i don't know if this is up to argument - but I've been trying to put a band together and it's IMPOSSIBLE to find anyone who can play on the expert level across boards. After reflecting I think the judges should consider allowing hard mode to participate - being as there are less notes to hit, meaning a lower score will be accomplished. Let that be the handicap for the hard players against the expert ones - that would also open up the audience of people that could play.
Is that even an option? If not - I'm a drummer looking to be picked up by a band - I've got a vocalist with me! We have no guitar or bass though and she has trouble on some of the upper songs for singing - seeing as she's NOT MALE (sexist rockband)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 04:58:00 pm by Ryanne_monday »
FINAL FANTASY SEVEN FORUM

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2008, 05:50:54 pm »
Hard mode players will certainly be within consideration unless we fill our registration cap with teams of all Expert Level players.  The intent is to target the tournament itself towards those who are highly accomplished first, although this particular tournament will lean far more towards entertainment value than score.

Teams should definitely consist of all Hard/Expert players if you want to have a chance of qualifying, since it will likely be a popular event.

A tentative qualification process is as follows:
Expert - 3 points
Hard - 2 points
Other - 0 points

So, a team of 3 expert level players would qualify at 9 points, a team of 4 hard level players would qualify at 8 points.

Due to the fact that this tournament is a judged performance, we are seriously considering allowing bands to have auxiliaries - dancers, keyboardists, et cetera - in addition to those actually playing the game.  More details on this will be available later.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Ryanne_monday

• Cabbit
    • My myspace
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2008, 05:04:44 pm »
Un sure where to place an add for rockband players - and nervous about putting a new thread - I'm call all Rockband FF7 Cosplayers! Currently, we have a drummer/guitarist and vocals. We're in need of two players for bass and such.
Aeris is on vocals
Tifa on guitar/drums (either one)
Get back to me!
FINAL FANTASY SEVEN FORUM

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2008, 05:57:24 pm »
Oh wow I'm going to love seeing Tifa play drums! ;D

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2008, 01:15:01 am »
The "Plan Your Own Adventure" forum would be a good place to look for additional Rockers.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>