Author Topic: The 2008 MLB All-Star Game!  (Read 875 times)

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
The 2008 MLB All-Star Game!
« on: July 16, 2008, 11:18:30 pm »
I know. I am still numb over how exciting it was. But lemme tell it t'ya anyway.

I spent the pre-game show at a friends. Then the game started. Boy, was it exciting. It was a back and forth game for the first few innings, with the NL striking first 5th, and tacking on another run in the 6th.
The AL struck back in the 7th to tie it at 2, but both leagues got one run in the 8th....... and it continued on into the 15th inning! The AL won on a sac fly by Michael Young, scoring one of my newest baseball heroes (and a Canadian, no less!) Justin Morneau, who also won the Home Run Derby the previous day, 4-3.

All in all, what a tremendous and fitting way for Yankee Stadium's history to end..... almost. The season is half-over as of right now.... but what memories we'll all have, for those who watched on TV or in person. Heck, I had to tune back to Celebrity Family Feud and America's Got Talent! My fingers sure got a workout......

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
Re: The 2008 MLB All-Star Game!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 06:10:56 pm »
I know what you mean. That was definitely a game for the ages.
The only way it could've been better would've been if the National League had won. Especially after Aaron Cook's performance.