Author Topic: Final Fantasy 13 on the 360  (Read 51010 times)

Offline demonotaku

• Cabbit
Final Fantasy 13 on the 360
« on: July 14, 2008, 04:41:38 pm »
as everyone knows today is the start of E3 and Microsoft announced a bombshell.....Final Fantasy 13!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36239.html

The Game will only come to the US and Europe in both platforms. So anyone glad they don't have to buy a PS3?

« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 04:44:22 pm by demonotaku »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Final Fantasy 13 on the 360
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 04:56:29 pm »
That doesn't do me any good, lol. I was hoping it would somehow still be on PS2 (a fool's hope, right?). Well, it is cool, but either way I'm going to have to buy a new system. Looks like a breath of fresh air though, compared to XII. It's nice to see the summons I've come to know and love make a comeback. Excluding Crisis Core, they haven't seen the light of day since X(-2).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 05:22:28 pm »
I'm glad it's coming to the 360. Whether people want to admit it or not, Xbox 360 is THE home console for RPGs now, and PS3 is taking over all the sports games. I wouldn't have bought a PS3 to play FFXIII, of course; it's not my favorite series, but definitely one of the best.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 05:30:40 pm »
I'm glad it's coming to the 360. Whether people want to admit it or not, Xbox 360 is THE home console for RPGs now, and PS3 is taking over all the sports games. I wouldn't have bought a PS3 to play FFXIII, of course; it's not my favorite series, but definitely one of the best.

That is true, but it is such an odd turn-around. Anyone have any notions on why the consoles pretty much swapped their primary genres? Playstation was always the primary RPG-console, if I remember right, and X-Box was all about sports and games targetting frat boys, lol. It is just weird that with the next-gen consoles, everything turned around. My world is shaken!!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 05:37:47 pm »
i duno to me final fantasy and playstation go together like cocolate and peanut butter  metal gear4 really shows what the ps3 can do it makes me look forward to ff13
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 07:22:46 pm »
I guess that makes me happy that it is on the 360. I don't have either but I have lots of friends at school who have a 360 so I'll play it in their room.....its a fair trade for letting them use my projector  ;D

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 09:28:33 am »
i duno to me final fantasy and playstation go together like cocolate and peanut butter  metal gear4 really shows what the ps3 can do it makes me look forward to ff13

Yeah, but that's what they said about Final Fantasy and Nintendo back in the 90s.
I for one am happy that I don't have to get a PS3. I like the 360s now. Especially since I already have an Xbox Live account and a few games and the HD cable (got it to hook up my roomate's 360 to my HD TV)!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 11:37:41 am »
Yes my friend called me yesterday and was all giddy about the switch.

Ditto to what tom said about nintendo and square in the 90s though.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 04:05:00 pm »
well Disgaea 3 is on the PS3 and I was gonna get one just for that game so it's not a big deal to me
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 04:45:31 pm »

If you REALLLLLY want to get into the technicalities, it's not Squaresoft anymore. Many people are sad these days because of that.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 10:31:20 pm »

If you REALLLLLY want to get into the technicalities, it's not Squaresoft anymore. Many people are sad these days because of that.

You are referring to it having become Square-Enix instead, right? Yeah, I can see how that is a factor.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 12:57:59 am »
Enix made some good games, I really liked soulblazer

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 02:00:11 am »
as everyone knows today is the start of E3 and Microsoft announced a bombshell.....Final Fantasy 13!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36239.html

The Game will only come to the US and Europe in both platforms. So anyone glad they don't have to buy a PS3?

I definitely am happy about this, because if you look at the content and specs of the 360 vs the PS3, the 360 is far superior.  A lot of what the PS3 is finally coming out with is stuff the 360 or even the Wii has already done.  So it's no surprise that SquareEnix went to the 360 for their next FF title.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 12:21:14 pm »
Ahahahaha, that poor PS3 is going down the drain.
I am PUMPED for FFXIII now; I wasn't before, but now that it's coming out on the 360, life in the gaming world is pretty good.
Square-Enix probably figured their game would sell more copies if it were for a more successful consule.

Since I haven't kept tabs on this game, considering I thought it was only for PS3, but now that it's not limited.. when is its release date?
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 01:58:33 pm »
Since I haven't kept tabs on this game, considering I thought it was only for PS3, but now that it's not limited.. when is its release date?

Too far away!  :(
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 02:00:55 pm »
Why must the PS3 be getting such a poor wrap?!? I have been a sony loyalist since Playstation and I can see the pros for all the other consoles too, but I just don't want to see my console of choice go down in flames as it seems to be doing. I haven't read enough on it I guess, because I really don't know why the whole world seems to be rejecting the PS3. Thoughts? enlighten me, please, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 02:12:28 pm »
Why must the PS3 be getting such a poor wrap?!? I have been a sony loyalist since Playstation and I can see the pros for all the other consoles too, but I just don't want to see my console of choice go down in flames as it seems to be doing. I haven't read enough on it I guess, because I really don't know why the whole world seems to be rejecting the PS3. Thoughts? enlighten me, please, lol

They lied about the rumble feature in the controllers and cost more than the other two combined.
Mostly though, my only reason for buying the PS3 would be the games that are on it. Any game that made me want a PS3 has also come out on the 360 so far.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 02:33:51 pm »
IMHO, games are what make up the video game industry, not the consoles. Picking consoles is like picking the next president, and the games would represent the achievements. Look back at the great presidents that did great things. Are today's candidates running for the same noble cause, or just say, "Haha! I'm the president!"

Same with console wars. You can look back at the greatness of the previous generations, aka their games. But it's not guaranteed that it's next runner up is going to be spectacular. I loved Sony back in the day; I have well over 100 RPGs for the PS1 alone, which is more than all my other systems combined so far. But if their industry isn't going to pander to my tastes, I'm going to find the next best thing. My favorite console is the SNES. I still have it out to play Uniracers, Starfox, and many RPGs. Nintendo and Sony's consoles just don't have the games I'm looking for NOW, though.

Simply put, it's not about loyalty to the company console. Don't worry about the flaming from the fans; it's an ignorance thing.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 03:39:57 pm »
IMHO, games are what make up the video game industry, not the consoles. Picking consoles is like picking the next president, and the games would represent the achievements. Look back at the great presidents that did great things. Are today's candidates running for the same noble cause, or just say, "Haha! I'm the president!"

Same with console wars. You can look back at the greatness of the previous generations, aka their games. But it's not guaranteed that it's next runner up is going to be spectacular. I loved Sony back in the day; I have well over 100 RPGs for the PS1 alone, which is more than all my other systems combined so far. But if their industry isn't going to pander to my tastes, I'm going to find the next best thing. My favorite console is the SNES. I still have it out to play Uniracers, Starfox, and many RPGs. Nintendo and Sony's consoles just don't have the games I'm looking for NOW, though.

Simply put, it's not about loyalty to the company console. Don't worry about the flaming from the fans; it's an ignorance thing.

That's a great viewpoint and explanation. I really do need to simply learn more about the new wave of consoles and games thereon. I keep holding the image of Golden Age Playstation, and I guess I have had a sort of tunnel vision as far as Sony is concerned. I like to remember what I love and then I kind of quickly forget or don't pay attention to anything that less than wow'd me, heh. But thanks for your input, it's helpful.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 09:46:55 pm »
Oh, boo dude. e.e
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2008, 09:59:14 pm »
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2008, 05:08:25 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfmBzllkbUM

How To Kill A Brand

That is brilliant, enlightening, and sad, lol. School'd!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 10:49:05 am »
I now have no possible reason to get a PS3 unless I become gripped with the sensation to play MGS4.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2008, 08:06:30 pm »
I now have no possible reason to get a PS3 unless I become gripped with the sensation to play MGS4.

MOST REALISTIC EGGS EVER!!!
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline mattstotts46

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/mattstotts
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2008, 04:22:41 am »
Hello. My name is Matt. I like Twilight and the Jonas Brothers.

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 04:39:05 pm »
I, for one, am disappointed about FF XII being on the 360. To me it means Squarenix sold out. Everyone needs money though so whatever I just refuse to buy it for the 360, I'm still going to get a PS3 for Disgaea 3, MGS4 and uh...oh free online play. I still wish I would have bought a PS3 instead of a 360, stupid me.

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2008, 07:01:00 pm »
I, for one, am disappointed about FF XII being on the 360. To me it means Squarenix sold out. Everyone needs money though so whatever I just refuse to buy it for the 360, I'm still going to get a PS3 for Disgaea 3, MGS4 and uh...oh free online play. I still wish I would have bought a PS3 instead of a 360, stupid me.
If they were not already sell outs... how does one explain them ditching nintendo for sony in the 90s?

Everyone in the game writing field prefers to use the 360... because it is easier to program.  The PS3 processor is a stripped down six core unit, something more suited for research than gaming.  While PS3 may be more popular, making games for 360 is easier, so that is why we see multi-console games coming out for the xbox 360 first. 

It'll likely always be that way until multi-threaded programing becomes more mainstream.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 07:04:06 pm by melchizedek »

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 01:16:50 am »
for those who want RPGs, the DS seems to be king actually.  I don't know the actual numbers, but at rpgamer.com, the DS looks to have more games coming out for it then the 3 new consoles combined(which look rather equal otherwise).

@matt
that video comparision seems to have some strong bias for the PS3.  claiming Home is a new creative game is a lie as its really just a virtual world like Second Life and that 360 has nothing but war themed FPS is also false(Blue Dragon, Dead or Alive 4, Elder Scrolls 4 are examples).
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 06:46:02 am »
The DS may have a lot of RPGs, but for role-players it's not about how many RPGs are on the system. It's about how many RPGs that they want to play that are on the system.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2008, 08:04:26 am »
@dshwshr
that may be true, but just something people may want to consider as a lot of people were commenting on past systems that were like the a RPG mecca of their age.  so I'm just just saying what seems to be the current one.
  the console wise, they all seem to have the same number of rpgs, so its will likely boil down to a specific title(PS3:that other FFXIII, 360:Fable 2or Star Ocean Wii: Crystal Chronicles,Tales of games) or system perferance.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline mattstotts46

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/mattstotts
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 07:54:46 pm »
Im not saying that the 360 isn't a bad system. I'm just saying that FF13 would be better suited for it. If you look at what the people put on Metal Gear Solid 4 that is a lot of stuff to cram on. I think they crammed too much stuff in because they couldn't add in the rumble feature. 360 does have a lot more rpgs but i'd like to play FF13 on the PS3 over the 360.
Hello. My name is Matt. I like Twilight and the Jonas Brothers.

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2008, 07:59:11 pm »
The only reason I'd have to get a PS3 is for Wipeout HD.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2009, 11:19:59 am »
(Hooray for zombiefying old threads! xD)

I'm really excited I don't have to buy a PS3 to play this game haha, but I will eventually need one to play Lightning's story >.< This thread is several months old, yet these games won't be out until at least spring 2010 @_@

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2009, 09:34:28 am »
I'm super excited about it now, because I have a PS3 now! And I just read a pretty extensive article of the gamei n the recent issue of P:TOM, and it sounds aaaaaaaawesome! Just the fact that Odin and Shiva are back (and with a brilliant innovative twist) gets me going big time.

And Sudz looks awesome, haha. The new Barret in my opinion.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2009, 10:40:10 am »
yeah, that article in psm was awesome, and made me way more excited too, if there is such a thing, lol, i was pretty excited before >.O

can't wait to see the summons in action and which others they will bring back ^.^ needless to say the summons in ff xii were disappointing because they were all new and i didn't know any of them from previous games... it's always been fun to see the summons from other games come back in new forms, to see the transformations and such. and so far, ff xiii is giving me that satisfaction of seeing the summons i love brought back in new and exciting ways ^.^

i really can't wait for this game!!

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2009, 10:46:46 am »
Let's see, which summons would I hope for....
- Anima!!! (I know it will never happen...)
- Ifrit
- Ixion
- Diablos
- Bahamut
- Fenrir
- Cthulhu! (It's never been in a game...so why not do it now?!)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2009, 01:10:41 pm »
ooooh a comeback of fenrir would be amazing ^.^ and it would be really sad if they didn't do ifrit and bahamut, seeing as they're doing shiva and odin. it'd be nice to see gilgamesh again, or phoenix. and leviathan needs to come back too ^.^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2009, 01:17:44 pm »
OH, totally. Leviathan and Gilgamesh would be sweeeet. I can just see Leviathan swimming around the battle blashing foes to death, and Gilgamesh, slicing dudes with his four/six arms, yeeeeehaa!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline kurosakiichigo666

• Chibi
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2009, 01:52:15 am »
for those who want RPGs, the DS seems to be king actually.
Despite the fact that almost every DS game I've ever played gets boring about halfway through or has no replay value. An example would be The World Ends With You. It was amazing the whole way through. But once you beat it it kinda lost its magic. I will give it credit for being the only RPG I've played that had a clear+ feature besides Crisis Core.

Other than that, I pretty much regret shelling out the money for my DS. I never play it anymore and I don't see any games coming out that interest me. The only ones that might be good are just the DS version of any game that came out for every console available, like Wolverine and Ghostbusters. Both of which look absolutely TERRIBLE on the DS. I have Wolverine for 360 and it's amazing, but it looks horrible on DS. I can't say anything about Ghostbusters since I haven't played it but just comparing the back of the boxes is like comparing the NES and Sega Genesis versions of Ghostbusters. It was the same game, but the Genesis one was far superior. And it wasn't just the graphics that made it better, the gameplay was better as well.
Co-Founder and VP of Parasol Corp. Cosplay. And you just lost the game...

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2009, 09:23:39 am »
I'm super excited about it now, because I have a PS3 now! And I just read a pretty extensive article of the gamei n the recent issue of P:TOM, and it sounds aaaaaaaawesome! Just the fact that Odin and Shiva are back (and with a brilliant innovative twist) gets me going big time.

ODIN AND SHIVA ARE BACK?! D: *DIES*

omg I REALLY can't wait for this now >.<

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2009, 02:26:21 pm »

ODIN AND SHIVA ARE BACK?! D: *DIES*

omg I REALLY can't wait for this now >.<

yeah, if you can get your hands on a copy of the most recent issue of psm, there's a huge spread on ff xiii, complete with pictures of shiva and odin ^.^ and this time, shiva is actually the shiva twins o.O

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2009, 07:49:54 pm »
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 03:35:10 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2009, 10:31:53 pm »
oh i love the shiva profiles ^.^ but the first link doesn't work >.<

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2009, 03:36:30 am »
Oh yeah, well that link stinks, but was cool pic of Odin.

But yeah, I really like the way they modeled the Shiva Sisters. I'm kind of curious why they decided to make them into a motorcycle (kind of really weird/random...ice = motorcycles? whatever lol) Still awesome though.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2009, 09:54:21 pm »
eve and i went to the kinokuniya bookstore up in seattle and he got the "re:" 2008 square enix book featuring ff xiii (all 3 of them) among other things. and in it are a few spreads on summons in ff xiii, including the shiva sisters, ifrit, and carbuncle! ifrit looks amazing, as always, and carbuncle is just sooooo super cute ^.^ now i really really really can't wait for the game!

plus, we saw a demo of the first 14 mins of the game on comcast on demand, and let me just say, eve and i had our jaws dropped to the floor in awe. the battle system looks great! it seems to be combining some new aspects with some of the old, such as upon reaching an enemy, the screen changes for the battle, just like random battles. and it seems to be more turn-based than ff xii with a lot less automation and just all around more like the rpgs of yesteryear, just with some new twists that will keep it interesting >.O can't wait to see more previews! *dreamy sigh*

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2009, 09:58:14 pm »
Oh yeah, totally agree with you, Kahlan. The game has me shivering with antici......pation (thanks, Frank-n-furter).

Yeah, Carbuncle looks sooo cute, and Ifrit looks like a beast, as always, but new and polished.

I just love everything I'm seeing about this game, man. I haven't anticipated a game like this since Crisis Core.....hmm, that was only last year, wasn't it? Guess it hasn't been that long after all, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2009, 10:14:49 pm »
yeah, i know what you mean about the anticipation... i think dissidia will be able to help me with the wait though >.O

so, if summons are tied to certain characters, and snow has the shiva sisters, and it looks like lightning gets odin, who gets which summon? i bet vanille gets carbuncle, just cause she's young and cutesy looking, like carbuncle, lol. maybe sudz will get ifrit... but then, we don't know all the summons or characters yet, so it's hard to tell, hehe

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2009, 10:18:04 pm »
Yeah, let's not forget only the Fal'Cie can summon, and the entire party may not be made of Fal'Cie. If that is the case, though, I could definitely see Sahz (Sudz...whatever, lol) having Ifrit. It would just make sense.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2009, 04:08:09 am »
ah, yeah, i forgot about that... well, it will just be a surprise then, lol ^.^

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2009, 04:31:20 am »
I Pwesonally cannot wait until Dissidia comes out for the PSP

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2009, 08:44:45 am »
Oh, no doubt. There's even a thread for Dissidia...somewhere in Gaming, heh.

That game is gonna be amazing (because that book Kahlan mentioned had a beeeeeautiful spread on Dissidia too).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 08:44:57 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2009, 08:46:39 am »
I want to get it so bad ^^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2009, 08:50:11 am »
Yeah, me too.

The Dissidia thread is here: http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=9514.0

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2009, 08:53:48 am »
Thank you I want to know why they already got the Agito cosplay out?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2009, 08:57:23 am »
Because there actually is already a trailer for Agito out (released at E3).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpBTixlCv1I

And you know how a lot of people are. There are cosplayers who want to be at the helm of any new game, so they will cosplay based off screenshots. I personally don't agree with it because it turns cosplay into a mere fashion show. I like to know my characters, and you can only do this by playing or watching them.

But yeah, a lot of people already have Agito cosplays because they check the screen shots and trailers.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2009, 08:59:46 am »
I like to get the feel of the character it's meaningless if you don't know the character at all.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2009, 09:04:00 am »
Exactly! Thank you, haha.

Still, the game looks pretty awesome. At first I thought it was some weird 2-D war strategy game, but then the trailer got the CG going and it looked brilliant.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2009, 09:05:55 am »
Yeah i am so geeting it for my X-box 360 of course I love the games to death although X was challanging.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2009, 09:09:00 am »
Yeah, X was tough at points, but it's storyline and gameplay were just stunning. Heart-breaking at all the right points.

The only FF game I haven't been crazy over was XII. I hate everything about that game except Fran, Bosch, and the CG quality, heh.

If I remember right, XIII Agito will be on the PSP. So, it may not be on XBox.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2009, 09:14:28 am »
Yeah I have heard things about XII alot of people didn't like it I will get all parts of XIII though.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2009, 09:17:09 am »
Yup, same here. I don't know which one I'm most excited for, but I definitely will want to get all three. I've seen/heard nothing to spoil any of these games in my view yet.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2009, 09:18:01 am »
I have only heard good things about it my dads quite stoked about it to he can't wait.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2009, 09:19:28 am »
haha, is he a FF nerd too? Maybe one of these XIII games will be multiplayer and you two can square off, heh

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2009, 09:22:16 am »
That would be nice I would love to kick my dad's butt.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2009, 09:23:55 am »
If you both have PSP's you could whoop him on Dissidia, lol

I am actually really eager for Agito since it is on PSP. (I have a PS3, but I like handheld games a lot...you can take them anywhere with you!) I know nothing about it gameplay-wise, but it looks awesome, haha

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2009, 09:27:08 am »
I prefer handheld as well unless it's the old games on the nitendo and stuff, I love my nitendo I want all the games too I just cannot wait to see it in my hands.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2009, 09:28:55 am »
Yup yup. Not mention, with the PSP you have the potential for multiplayer by connecting PSP's.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2009, 09:30:16 am »
Oh yes and I love that I like that you can do that now with almost all portables.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2009, 09:32:21 am »
Yeah, sounds like a very promising string of games (all these XIII games).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2009, 09:33:25 am »
Yes all with diffrent stories to tell I want to know how they can keep up. And I hope XIIII will be good too.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2009, 09:34:13 am »
Yeah, I'm not too interested in XIV. Since it's another online game, I won't be playing it. I didn't play XI for that reason, and XIV doesn't look any better, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2009, 09:35:32 am »
Well Yeah that is true I probably won't be playing it too but I still want to see how it turns out.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2009, 09:36:45 am »
Yeah, I am interested in seeing its FMV's, heh. I like that aspect. XI did have some great scenes, from what I've seen. I just don't like MMORPG's.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2009, 09:38:23 am »
Me either it is quite to crowded to see what you are doing sometimes.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2009, 09:43:04 am »
And there's no point, lol. You just wander around and do little quests and whatever, lol.

Anyway, back on topic....XIII! Any summons you hope to see reappear in XIII?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2009, 09:44:44 am »
I want to see Loki reapear and I think Bahumut and I think I want to see all of them return i love the sommons.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2009, 09:47:20 am »
Loki? Which game was that from? I'll admit I haven't played through any games before VII for well over a decade (if at all), so I don't remember/know much about the early games, though I really want to play them.

But I agree, I love all the summons/eidolons/aeons, whatever they may be called, lol.

I would really like Anima to show up again, but I know that won't happen. That one was too specific to the plot of X to show up anywhere else.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2009, 09:55:37 am »
I wan t Shive and Ifrit to show back up and Loki goes by another name I just call him loki LOl

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2009, 09:58:56 am »
Oh, lol, well which game was "Loki" from then?

And good for you, Ifrit and Shiva are both in XIII!

I'm hoping for Leviathan to come back again.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2009, 10:00:51 am »
His real name is Odin I don't really know why he reminds me of loki more then odin.

Yay I can't wait to see them again.

Oh so am I, I cannot wait.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2009, 10:01:23 am »
OH, Odin, well yes, Odin will be there in XIII too, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2009, 10:05:48 am »
Yay I cannot wait How about you do you have any sommons that you want to be brought back that have been decided to be in the game?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2009, 10:08:59 am »
Well, I only know of four that have been decided to be in XIII: Odin, Ifrit, Shiva Sisters, and Carbuncle. I am super excited for all of those.

As for ones that I am not sure of yet, I would love to see Leviathan, Phoenix, Ixion, or Atomos. Atomos would be killer!

Ooh, or Choco/Mog, of course!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2009, 10:10:10 am »
Choco/Mog I love them!!!! And all the others too but i love the cute ones soo much ^^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2009, 10:37:48 am »
Agreed. Tonberry would be cute, too, but I can't see that one in XIII. The setting seems so dark, too much for a cutesy Tonberry.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2009, 10:39:36 am »
And a tonberry is so rare I was going through IX and I was cornered by three of them.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2009, 01:32:47 pm »
heh, nice work. Tonberry (to my knowledge) has only been a summon in VIII and Crisis Core, so maybe that isn't the best foundation for a legacy summon after all.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2009, 07:48:17 pm »
it would be nice ^^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2009, 09:57:44 am »
So, it seems like at least a couple of the summons will be vehicle-based. An interesting concept: Shiva Sisters (motorcycle), and it looks like Ifrit has some mechanical features as well, not sure how they will play out though.

It's interesting to see the transition. In XII the traditional summons were nonexistent except in name - airships were named things like Bahamut and Shiva (I'm sure). So now, we have literal summon-vehicles. Interesting for sure.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2009, 10:07:49 am »
That sounds like a great concept I would like to pick up on Sounds like this game is going to live up to all the excitement and I love when a game does that and I like alot it gives me a more of a challange.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2009, 10:10:18 am »
Yeah, definitely.

If anyone has Comcast digital Cable, you should go check out some of the gameplay demos on G4 On-Demand. See what blew me away, heh

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2009, 10:12:41 am »
I will I have it thanks for the advice ^^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2009, 11:19:59 am »
I haven't even watched all the footage they posted on-demand. There are about five 10-minute clips of game-play, from different aspects of the XIII demo. I only saw one of them, and almost passed out from awesome.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2009, 07:46:06 pm »
It looks amazing I know what you mean ^^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2009, 09:30:03 pm »
I just watched the other clips today. Sazh is such a cool dude, lol. He has a chocobo chick living in his fro, for cryin' out loud!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2009, 09:36:18 pm »
Now that's crazy but I like the sound of that ^^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2009, 09:38:41 pm »
Yeah, it's adorable, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2009, 09:50:57 pm »
Yeah I bet.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2009, 11:57:20 pm »
I also really like Snow. He fights kind of like Zell (VIII), but he doesn't bounce around. He just runs up and punches people in the face. Right in the face!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2009, 11:58:16 pm »
I loved Zell

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2009, 11:59:51 pm »
Yeah, I like him too. I just noticed a similarity between him and Snow, but they're definitely different too.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2009, 04:32:52 am »
yeah, i love that snow just runs up and punches people in the face, lol. that battle system seems really fun, and a great throw-back to the old final fantasy games, and rpgs in general ^.^ i really can't wait! too bad there isn't really a release date for the u.s. yet >.<

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2009, 08:21:59 am »
Yeah, but it will happen someday. At least we know that, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2009, 12:20:03 pm »
Yeah I know it kinda makes me sad TT__TT

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2009, 10:02:09 am »
Here's a preview of the game play for you guys :3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJfwtJFbvi0

Said to be coming out spring 2010 by square enix rep
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 10:03:44 am by Sugarlat »

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2009, 10:04:02 am »
I saws it already it's bueatiful ^^

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2009, 10:07:46 am »
It looks kind of alright...I like Final Fantasy Versus XIII a lot better though.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2009, 10:08:19 am »
I do know where you are coming from with that.

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2009, 10:09:22 am »
I can't wait to see a preview of the game play for FFversus13 @_@
I'm buying it just cause Noctis is in it XDD

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2009, 10:14:30 am »
I can't wait to see a preview of the game play for FFversus13 @_@
I'm buying it just cause Noctis is in it XDD

Yes it is very interesting and I just love the grafics.  :D

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2009, 10:15:13 am »
they are quite amazing ^^

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2009, 10:15:26 am »
I do know where you are coming from with that.

I was giving my personal opinion on the game nothing more than that.
Sorry if it bother you.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2009, 10:38:31 am »
They all look great. My personal preference is towards XIII above Versus or Agito, but that's just because I've seen way more of XIII. I don't really know anything about the other two yet, as far as gameplay goes. I know they are saying Versus XIII is supposed to be an action game, like Kingdom Hearts, and Agito is supposed to be Action/RPG like Crisis Core. It all sounds good, but XIII is a straight up RPG, and that's where my highest interests are.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2009, 10:40:09 am »
Yeah I know what you mean about that eve but I can't wait till it comes out.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2009, 04:10:47 pm »
Yup, gonna be the game(s) of the year(s) for me, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2009, 10:53:53 pm »
ofcourse it will be ^^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2009, 01:14:47 pm »
So, I'm curious what character(s) people think will be the most cosplayed from these games. I think Lightning will probably get done a lot, being the lead hero, but I'd like to see a well-done Sahz, too.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2009, 01:18:09 pm »
I want to see sahz personally ^^

Offline kurosakiichigo666

• Chibi
« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2009, 01:19:39 pm »
I can see a lot of Snow cosplays. Hopefully good ones too lol.
Co-Founder and VP of Parasol Corp. Cosplay. And you just lost the game...

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2009, 01:34:14 pm »
Yeah, Snow seems like he'd be an easy character to do, but I've never been surprised by the ability of cosplayers to screw up a perfectly simple costume design, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2009, 01:38:08 pm »
it does happen.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2009, 01:49:28 am »
Yup, but I can hope that it doesn't, heh. Or I will just ignore the bad ones I see.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2009, 01:49:56 am »
yes ignore ^^ *Nods*

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2009, 09:46:32 am »
I really want to cosplay Sahz myself, but I need to do a lot of slimming down before that could ever happen.

Still, it'd be fun to hope for it, heh

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2009, 11:14:02 pm »
I would love to see you go as him ^^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2009, 11:32:54 pm »
hehe, yeah, I will add to my list of "Someday Cosplays".

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2009, 11:39:13 pm »
Sounds really good.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2009, 11:40:15 pm »
And you can cosplay the baby chocobo that lives in his fro, lol  :D

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2009, 02:18:42 pm »
Mmmm... at Comic-con the Squeenix booth had giant Dissidia banners and free fans with the heroes on one side and the villains on the other. It was my favorite freebie.

I didn't take pictures of the FF13 stuff though, it wasn't as pretty.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2009, 08:10:05 am »
That looks awesome! I want one of those posters, fans...everything they made, heh

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!