Author Topic: Wig selection help!  (Read 1986 times)

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
Wig selection help!
« on: July 08, 2008, 06:23:18 pm »
Alrighty now, I'm just a hair from finishing Yuffie. Quite literally, actually. See, I have no wig, and I'm at a loss as to what to do for one. I'm ordering all my shoes and my wigs either tonight or tomorrow sometime, and I'm getting them all from Cosworx. Their Wisp is too small on me because I have a lot of hair, and is a bit thin. Does anyone have any recommendations that don't involve cutting and dying my own hair?

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
Re: Wig selection help!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 06:52:39 pm »
Just skimming through their "short wigs with bangs" section (after looking up a reference), the two that looked closest were the Monica with a little trimming, and the Melissa.

Both would need some styling, of course.  :3

The main problem with the Wisp is that they don't tell you how long it is.  =/
Umbrella Duelists - Oregon Captain ☂

KumoriCon 2014
Red Riding Hood Belgium | Maid Belgium | Myrmidon Olivia

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 08:01:22 pm »
I've heard so many mixed things from cosworx but... have you tried  looking on www.amphigory.com? They might have something there that you'd like.  :P
The best part is that they give more details about what you're buying ^^
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 08:26:29 pm »
I don't really trust Amphigory all that much... But I did decide on a wig, I think. I was thinking of the Angela 750 in Dark Brown, hot water straightened and styled with some bangs cut in.

Offline pencil

• Sailor Scout
    • http://users.livejournal.com/_pencil_/profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 01:28:19 am »
I don't really trust Amphigory all that much... But I did decide on a wig, I think. I was thinking of the Angela 750 in Dark Brown, hot water straightened and styled with some bangs cut in.

Amphigory is amazing! Why don't you trust them? They have a lot of wigs that may be more suited (And look more natural) for Yuffie.

I have worked with the Angela 750 before, and it doesnt take well to styling D: I did hot water straightening, and straightening with my hair straigtener on its lowest heat, and it still likes to curl (I have to do a lot of touch ups). I dont know if it was just because of the mix of fibers I got for the color, but the hairs like to mess up really easily too. Also, the wefts are kind of far apart, so if you added bangs, they would probably show, because of the way they radiate towards the fake scalp.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 01:35:14 am by pencil »
K-con 09!
Maetel - Galaxy Express 999
Sanji - Shabondy, Regular, Okama
Mamori - EyeSheild 21 - cheerleader

possibly Allen walker?

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 02:39:58 am »
think amphigory gets a bad rap cause they aren't pre styled got to have an imagination of what you want it to look like =D
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 09:29:51 am »
isn't there a good wig store in beaverton?  Deanna mentioned something about it to me a while back.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 03:55:29 pm »
I can't really run up to Beaverton just to get a wig. But! Even if the wefts would show they wouldn't be very noticeable since my hair is a pretty close match to that really dark brown she has.

The reason I don't trust Amphigory is because I've had a bit of a tussle with them before over a wig that never got shipped to me. Cosworx has been nothing but prompt for me and all their wigs have come out really well.

The thing is with wigs that would look more natural for Yuffie, they're all too short. My hair is long and thick enough to do Lucrecia's giant ponytail of D00m (lower back, about as long as an Ivy), and I can't successfully put it all under a wig about as long as a Wisp without it falling off and me having to pull it down every five minutes.

If anyone has any more suggestions for wigs, I'm probably getting mine some time tonight.

Offline pencil

• Sailor Scout
    • http://users.livejournal.com/_pencil_/profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 04:58:37 pm »
The reason I don't trust Amphigory is because I've had a bit of a tussle with them before over a wig that never got shipped to me. Cosworx has been nothing but prompt for me and all their wigs have come out really well.

Ah I understand. I've never had an issue with them, but I can understand how that would put someone off. All I know is that their Forever young wigs are realllly great with nice thick hair and close together wefts.
K-con 09!
Maetel - Galaxy Express 999
Sanji - Shabondy, Regular, Okama
Mamori - EyeSheild 21 - cheerleader

possibly Allen walker?

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 01:05:37 am »
Hey~ Richie! My hair is (technically was, I cut a few inches off the other day >> ) long enough to tuck into my pants and impossibly uncooperative and I can get it under a Cosworx Secret wig. Which means you can too! Go to cosplay.com and search the forums for putting long hair under wigs. Or google it. Trust me, it's totally possible. I've seen people with hair longer than mine and huge and poofy get it under even shorter wigs. : 3
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman