Author Topic: Avatar: The Last Airbender  (Read 34809 times)

oslapedo

« on: July 09, 2008, 06:58:57 pm »
I'm sure there's some Avatards lurking ;) I love Avatar so much! I adore how it pleases me without condescending me, unlike many other present day cartoons would. It's witty, funny, even romantic in some parts, and all of this greatness is wrapped up within amazing animation.

But guess what fellow fans. The adventure is coming to an end. "New" episodes will begin playing on July 14, and the 19th will mark it's two hour season finale, ie, the end of Avatar.

I'm excited for this, and the fangirl in me is storing up many a squeal in anticipation, but I'm also a bit saddened. As cheesy as I'm being, the journey of Aang has been quite an epic one, and I know that the epic capacity will increase by over 9,000 during the finale.

So, if Avatar fans exist on this side of the interwebworld, flock! Come here, and let's all discuss a show that warmed many hearts, and touched many lives  ;D Also, is anyone planning any "Avatar Finale" parties? I know I am  ;)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 07:00:59 pm by oslapedo »

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 07:54:45 pm »
LOVE AVATAR! I can't wait for the new episodes. I need to keep an eye out for them .

oslapedo

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 08:59:09 pm »
I knew I couldn't be the only avatard here ;)

Remember those ooey gooey dough-cookie-things from "Avatar Day" way back in season 1? I'm going to replicate those for consumption during for the finale ;D I also want to make some variation of cactus juice.

Watching the series finale trailer from NYCC pumps me up so much! I'm especially curious to see how the "Smexy Sokka" clip at the end will be included into an actual episode  :D

Linkage: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pmRY2s25PvQ

(^ The "Smexy Sokka" clip starts at 2:00. How manly is Sokka that he set up his tent with a sword;D)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 09:03:58 pm by oslapedo »

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 09:19:42 pm »
Someday I'm making myself one of those big thick fuzzy Northern Water Tribe coats. I want one so bad...

Gads, I can't wait until next Monday! I'mma bake a cake and put the symbols of the four nations on it! It's so cool that Jun's back, though.

http://katsari-chan.deviantart.com/art/Ember-Isle-Reject-83370523 <== This was possibly the funniest thing I saw right after watching the Ember Isle preview.

oslapedo

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 09:51:24 pm »
That comic makes my heart lul  :D I'm sure Suki's intently observing for research...

A fuzzy water tribe coat would be awesome! But I think I'd enjoy the air nomad's flamboyantly obtrusive orange robes and whatnot.

Cake sounds really yummy. I mean copy right infringe you and bake an avatard cake too. I think I'd doodle a chibi Aang face on it :)

Jun... eh... she's alright but I didn't really like her when I first saw her. What we need is more hippies like Chong! And of course more smexy Sokka! ;)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 10:38:38 pm »
As long as they don't bring back Jin, I'm good.

And I mean, Jun is pretty cool in her own right. She's got a giant mole-badger-anteater-thing that she rides, after all.

What I really want is a set of Dai Lee robes. Those are awesome beyond all doubt. And, you know, a big fluffy Water Tribe jacket. That would be cool.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 10:48:25 pm »
Avatar fan over here and I'm a big-time shipper to boot (can't help it).
But don't worry.  I'm not one of those fans that will bite your head off if you disagree with me.... well, maybe if you're a Tokka fan.  (I'm a Taang fan)

I've been looking forward to the finale for a long time.  I still wondering why they waited to show the finale months after the last aired episode.

oslapedo

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 10:52:42 pm »
I loved Jin! She was so mello, and she just went with the flow and played along with Zuko's crazy fool child self!  Maiko? Pfft, Zujin is where it's at. I think we can all agree that between "u"s and "i"s, "i" is superior  ;D

Personally I think it would be fantasmical if the airbending staffs existed in real life. But I guess I could just grab a normal staff, go the way of Aang, and just bend air into it  :) That would be...succesful.

Le Edit~ Taang... I'm not sure if I should go there  ;D

I think the reason they waited so long is because they weren't exactly finishe with the episodes. Either that or Nick doesn't know how to handle quality shows  :-\

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 11:57:14 pm »
Taang, Sukka and Zutara FTW! : D I'm such a pairing tard when it comes down to it.

Anybody ever read rufftoon's 'Water Tribe' fancomic on Deviantart? I'm not much of a Zhao fangirl, but it's still all kinds of funny.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 08:59:32 am »
I heard a rumor that Zuko's mom might be coming back. O.o For the finally I may dress my dog up as Appa

My Appa is the one on the left, surprisingly my other dog acts a lot like momo.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 09:56:06 am »
Rumor nuthin, Nickelodeon said that the Gaang is finding her first.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 01:33:18 pm »
Avatar is pretty cool. I wish I watched more of it.
I love Appa. Every show should have a flying buffalo.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 02:32:08 pm »
I knew that she was in it but if people didn't want spoilers then I was only going to say it was a rumor.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 05:00:02 pm »
It's hardly a spoiler, they said it halfway through the second season. Around the same time they unveiled the first Avatar Season 3 DVD cover, actually.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 05:53:05 pm »
.....well I didn't know it till Sakuracon when they showed the preview (that I missed x.x)

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 06:34:23 pm »
I think the reason they waited so long is because they weren't exactly finishe with the episodes. Either that or Nick doesn't know how to handle quality shows  :-\
I heard they already had the episodes finished.  One person on an avatar forum I go to said they know someone who works for nickelodeon and he knew the ending back in January.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 06:44:04 pm »
Nickelodeon is just a total buttmunch like that.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 06:45:33 pm »
I want to see it so bad. We should have a party or something. I wanted to watch the last two newest episodes and it was going to be the same weekend as Kumoricon lite and a group of my friends were over but Nickelodeon didn't air it. I was so pissed.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 06:47:06 pm »
They put The Boiling Rock parts 1 and 2 on the latest Season 3 DVD... Even though they haven't been aired on American television yet.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 06:48:19 pm »
yeah I was so mad. I was expecting to see it and I spent an hour searching for it x.x

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 08:18:38 am »
o-o Really? On the DVD? Damn. Wait...When is the huge marionthon happening. 0-0 [/must mark on her imaginary calander]

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 09:00:34 am »

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 10:16:19 am »
Huge marathon starts the 14th (next Monday), and goes to the 18th (next Friday). They're showing one new episode each night, with a series finale of chapters 18-21 in one big movie event Friday night.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2008, 10:44:15 am »
They put The Boiling Rock parts 1 and 2 on the latest Season 3 DVD... Even though they haven't been aired on American television yet.
Yeah, that made no sense to me whatsoever.  They released it on DVD... THEN they air it?
The only reason I can think of for that is they thought some people would be so desperate that they would buy the DVD just so they could find out what happens next.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2008, 11:05:47 am »
Huge marathon starts the 14th (next Monday), and goes to the 18th (next Friday). They're showing one new episode each night, with a series finale of chapters 18-21 in one big movie event Friday night.
Ah, thank you!!! [/jots down]

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2008, 12:35:51 pm »
Did it end Friday night? I thought it was Saturday. I was checking the episode and it seemed like the new ones didn't start till Wednesday. But it could just be wrong on the tv.

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2008, 10:12:27 am »
Yeah, that made no sense to me whatsoever.  They released it on DVD... THEN they air it?
The only reason I can think of for that is they thought some people would be so desperate that they would buy the DVD just so they could find out what happens next.
They did it because the dvd was released by the canadian company that owns avatar. Nickelodeon gets it from them. Its nickelodeon that is dragging it out so long. The canadian company didnt want to wait for nick so they released it on dvd. 

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2008, 11:35:34 am »
Technically, new ones start Wednesday. But they're still playing The Boiling Rock 1/2 on Monday and Tuesday. Since they've been out on DVD, and on the internet, and on tv in Canada... They're not actually new.

oslapedo

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2008, 03:44:27 pm »
The schedule of Avatar this upcoming week, not including the massive re-run marathon on Nicktoons 8)

Monday- Western Air Temple
Tuesday- Firebending Masters
Wednesday- Boiling Rock 1 + 2
Thursday- Southern Raiders
Friday- Ember Island Players
Saturday- Two Hour FINALE!!!

The only ones I haven't seen yet and care about are SR and EIP. Ninja Kazuko action? AW yeah!  ;D

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2008, 03:48:34 pm »
The schedule of Avatar this upcoming week, not including the massive re-run marathon on Nicktoons 8)

The only ones I haven't seen yet and care about are SR and EIP. Ninja Kazuko action? AW yeah!  ;D

Yeah that is the schedule that I saw. So someone else saw it and my tv wasn't wrong. Not like it matters I am going to watch them all week ^_^

oslapedo

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2008, 04:00:41 pm »
Me too, it's much more satisfying watching Avatar on the telly, than it is when it's all blurry and pixelated on the computer. And I could watch Zuko's spiel a million times and still laugh during each viewing ;)

Btw guys, if anyone has read the Avatar "Sozin's Comet" finale spoiler book thingy, could we please not speak of the spoilers within it? I've been really wary of my Avatar scrounging on the internets because I don't want my epic finale viewing to be epicly ruined by some childlishly written bull crap.  :D

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2008, 04:13:07 pm »
I am usually really careful not to tell others spoilers. Sometimes though some spoilers are so epic that you have to tell someone, then you have to find someone who wants to hear it x.x

oslapedo

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2008, 04:18:19 pm »
I have to be careful too. I usually jst pester real-life friends about spoilers though, so I'm not banned from the internetz  :D

Is anyone cosplaying for Avatar? I seriously would give an Avatar cosplayer the most epic high five EVER. Btw, Nikkiolie your Appa doggy is so accurately adorable. I want a Momo lemur  :)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2008, 04:32:59 pm »
Thank you. I want to go as Azula some time. I love her so much. Her bad ass attitude it amazing. It wont be till next year or for Sakuracon though.

oslapedo

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2008, 04:35:40 pm »
I'm not sure who I'd befit as an Avatar cosplay... Maybe next year I'll do Jin since I love her so much  ;D

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2008, 02:26:10 pm »

I can't wait for Friday.  I saw the preview clip of the Ember Island Players and loved it.  I can't wait to see what they did with the rest of the episode.

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2008, 07:04:08 am »

I can't wait for Friday.  I saw the preview clip of the Ember Island Players and loved it.  I can't wait to see what they did with the rest of the episode.
I just finished watching western air temple, firebending masters, and boiling rock 1 + 2 yesterday and wow! I cant wait to see the rest!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2008, 01:13:31 pm »
I really liked boiling rock 1 and 2, but I really want to know what happens next >_< Thursday is too far away damn it!

oslapedo

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2008, 05:02:45 pm »
Western Air Temple on tonight ladies and gents! My TV is broken right now so... I'll have to hold out for tommorrow. Ah well, WAT has already been viewed  8)

We already have a vague idea of what will happen in Southern Raiders thanks to the NYCC trailer. Kazuko ninja time? Oh yes, it will be epic  ;D

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2008, 11:07:16 pm »
Thursday? Too far! I can't wait that long!

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2008, 08:41:48 am »
2 more days!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2008, 09:18:15 am »
I can make it. I can make it. If I keep telling myself that maybe I can do it. I am going to have to watch boiling rock 1 and 2 again because they were so epic. 2 more days! Only 2 more days!

oslapedo

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2008, 04:50:15 pm »
Okay, I caved and watched WAT last night out in our disgustingly icky living room ;D And oh my friggin gosh, even though I've already watched it a billion times it was still quite amazing. I reccomend everyone watch FBM tonight; it shall be epic.

I'm really pumped up for Saturday, I'm having an Avatar finale party sleepover with all my avatarded friends. I'm SO pumped up!

Btw, anyone else see the Avatar commercials on Nick? If you haven't, then watch Avatar tonight! They're really amazing and contain scenes from the finale. And they even say the word "die" instead of "end"! Man I love Avatar  8)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2008, 05:04:37 pm »
If my friends were close by I would have a party but they are all over the place. I just enjoy the show by myself with some popcorn and possible ice cream ^_^

oslapedo

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2008, 07:44:05 pm »
I love ice cream! I was going to make a bunch of elaborate food items reminiscent of stuff from AtLA but... I think I'll just order a bunch of pizzas  :D

I watched FBM, and it was so epic! I love the *slightish spoiler* beautiful flames. It's also quite enjoyable to see Zuko and Aang's "friendship" blossom ;D Actual new episodes are only two days away! Southern Raiders... here we come!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 03:57:41 pm by oslapedo »

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2008, 08:10:48 pm »
watching avatar right now

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2008, 09:02:37 pm »
I saw the end of it. ^_^ Even though I have see that ep once it was still good. I can watch any episode of Avatar and still love it.

Offline chibiroth

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2008, 09:26:34 pm »
i am so glad to see that there are others that love avatar besides me! this series is epic1
Kumoricon 2008 cosplay:

Princess Tutu
Riku- KH
Hunny-Ouran Host Club
Cooking Mama
Alita- Apollo Justice

And a Secret Cosplay hehe :D

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2008, 09:27:48 pm »
It is very epic. I can't wait till I get my external hard drive so I can download all of them ^_^

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2008, 11:09:04 pm »
Thought some of you would like this comic by rufftoon.

http://rufftoon.deviantart.com/art/Quest-For-Fire-91833274

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2008, 01:25:50 am »
That was funny!

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2008, 05:04:12 am »
[/blink] at 8? The news one come on at 4 for me.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2008, 09:17:25 am »
weird. It should only be on 3 hours earlier and that is if you have a dish....I don't know what to tell you

oslapedo

« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2008, 03:57:29 pm »
I get Avatar on at 5 AND 8, since we have two nickelodeon channels ;D Boilng Rocks tonight youz guyz! And, only one more day until real new episodes! It's a great time to be an avatard  ;)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2008, 04:31:17 pm »
Yeah, sure. My *(#$&(*#@ piece of (*#@&$(* older brother just went and took a handful out of my cake.

#(*$&%(@#*$&%(!*@#&$%(!&$^%&^*&^%(*&#$)(*!&@#(*$&*!&%^&#$^(*&#@$!!! If I could swear on this forum...

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2008, 04:36:20 pm »
Gah, it WAS five. My sense of time is pretty messed up. XD Hell, I don't even know what day it is. But, watching Scrubs right now waiting for Boiling Rocks.

oslapedo

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2008, 06:22:41 pm »
Just watched the episode and... Zuko knows who killed Katara and Sokka's mom! And they're going to embark on epic ninja madness! I was squealing so much when that preview came on! I'm SO excited I can't contain my enthusiasm.

When we were re-watching WAT (again) we were in giggle fits. Did anyone else notice that as Toph is crawling away from Zuko, she has the most intense Higurashi face ever  :D I'll post a screenshot when I find one.

I'm sorry about your cake Richie, would cyber cookies make you feel any better?  :)

My sense of time is only in balance because I have summer school, so I'd trade you Syd-chan :D Only 2 more days left...!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 06:26:43 pm by oslapedo »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2008, 10:28:26 pm »
New episodes tomorrow night! I can't wait. I need to set them to record or I might forget x.x

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2008, 03:12:19 am »
Gah. I'm a little afraid to know the date. Probaby because I'm seriously screwed come the day after KumoriCon. Why does it need to be RIGHT before school? My sleeping schedual will be focused around Con curfew[which actually isn't that much later from when I actually go to bed on school nights....], plus I get to deal with school. =.= YAY. [/cursecursecurse]

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2008, 03:16:34 am »
: D Oh well! Avatar in fourteen hours should make that all better!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2008, 06:31:45 am »
Gah. I'm a little afraid to know the date. Probaby because I'm seriously screwed come the day after KumoriCon. Why does it need to be RIGHT before school? My sleeping schedual will be focused around Con curfew[which actually isn't that much later from when I actually go to bed on school nights....], plus I get to deal with school. =.= YAY. [/cursecursecurse]
hahahahaha my school doesn't start till somewhere around the 24 of September :P

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2008, 11:32:06 am »
Dude, how could I miss this topic? I LOVE AVATAR! XD So, does anyone know when the episode after the Boiling Rock is going to be on? Today orrrr later?

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2008, 01:10:37 pm »
today, it is called southern raiders

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2008, 01:12:05 pm »
today, it is called southern raiders
Iloveyou.

Nah, kidding, but thanks anyway!  :D

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2008, 01:50:46 pm »
It's on a five and eight if you have a dish, or just eight if you have cable.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2008, 04:00:41 pm »
YAY FOR DISH!!! One more hour! =.= Then craploads of Zutara will pop up, I'm sure. [/hasn't seen]

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2008, 04:10:37 pm »
XD and that's a bad thing... How? At least it makes more sense than Kataang (even if the latter is slightly more canon).

Okay, yeah, totally not starting a shipping war here.

But he did tie her to a tree...

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2008, 04:17:26 pm »
Dude, how could I miss this topic? I LOVE AVATAR! XD So, does anyone know when the episode after the Boiling Rock is going to be on? Today orrrr later?
I actually think that boiling rock will be on again today. My cable doesn't show the episodes but at 7 there is an hour block and I have a feeling it will be boiling rock 1 and 2 and then the new one at 8.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2008, 05:35:11 pm »
XD and that's a bad thing... How? At least it makes more sense than Kataang (even if the latter is slightly more canon).

Okay, yeah, totally not starting a shipping war here.

But he did tie her to a tree...
Kinky.... AHEM. XD Anyway...I saw it, but as the preview started, my dad's cell phone rang, thus causing the TV to stop working. -.-#

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2008, 05:40:53 pm »
That episode is probably going to make all the Zutards go nuts. I don't blame them.

Gotta admit, the Sokka/Suki thing was hilarious.

oslapedo

« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2008, 08:54:37 pm »
I LOVED the Suki/Sokka thing! It made my unromantic heart flutter with joy! Also, Katara really cheesed me off... she is such a friggin dinkbat, I think I might be a Taang shipper now ;)

A buttload of revelations happened in this episode, and what the heck, we even know the name of Katara's mom now! It fantasmical! Also, I wonder if there was even a full moon in this episode, if there wasn't then Katara cheatbended during her bloodbending  >:(

Everyone should watch this as if their lives depended on it, it's pretty much the most epic thing ever, and next episode we get Aangst  ;)

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2008, 10:05:12 pm »
Oh gawd, I fell in love with this episode.  Absolutely loved it.

And now they tempted all the shippers with that preview for Friday.  8 Pm Friday can't get here fast enough.

And at least now we know where the "Sokka with rose" scene came into play.  After he swallowed the flower I kept thinking, "Yeah, nice cover up."

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2008, 02:37:52 am »
XD I was WONDERING where that rose would come into play...Hmm...It just occured to me that I have the perfect hair for Suki....  ._. XD Maybe I'll attempt a Boiling Rock cosplay for the hell of it. >.> It looks comfy.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2008, 06:43:13 am »
I thought the episode was ok. It was good at the start up till Katara left with Zuko then it got WAYYYYYY to serious. It was nice though to learn more about what happened to her mother. ^_^ I would still watch this episode several times

oslapedo

« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2008, 10:16:54 am »
Well tonight's episode will certainly lighten up the serious atmosphere ;D

You should so do a Suki cosplay Syd-chan. You'd be my hero!

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2008, 11:26:12 am »
....I missed it. 

I'll go cry now...

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2008, 12:15:11 pm »
....I missed it. 

I'll go cry now...
Quick!  Youtube or Avatar Chapters!  You can't miss yesterday's.

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2008, 01:02:23 pm »
looking forward to more. i've watched alot of previous ep's to understand whats going on and whose who so starting at this point in this season wasn't too hard :D

yesterday was a marathon to it helped a bunch as well weeeee
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2008, 01:54:33 pm »
They show the previous day's episode right before the new one! Quickly, you must wait until 4:30 or 7:30!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2008, 07:40:13 pm »
If you missed the last one it's on right now....it says it's Zoey 101 but its not.....I was kind of disapointed v.v

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2008, 08:11:00 pm »
Watching Avatar as I type this. I am having some issues though. The sound keeps cutting out....but it seems to be fixing it's self. But I may move upstairs anyway.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2008, 09:03:40 pm »
>:D Tomorrow's it!

I'll bet they'll have two trailers running, one that gets the Zutards riled up and one that gets the Kataangers riled up.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2008, 09:04:42 pm »
Well tonight's episode will certainly lighten up the serious atmosphere ;D

You should so do a Suki cosplay Syd-chan. You'd be my hero!
XD I REALLY want to do one. >.> It doesn't look amazingly hard. GAH! I was supporting Zutara, but now I think I'm going for Kataang. >.<

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2008, 09:08:36 pm »
Bad Syd, bad! *whacks* No changing sides this late in the game! XD

If I ever do a Kyoshi Warrior cosplay, I'll go all-out and do Avatar Kyoshi.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2008, 09:10:07 pm »
I am so going to do Azula one day. I love Azula. She is so bad ass, one of the few girls that is amazing ^_^

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2008, 09:14:57 pm »
I just watched The Ember Island Players.  Wow!

As a shipper, that was gold.
"At least the effects were decent." XD

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2008, 09:44:37 pm »
Next is the movie, the final battle, time to pop the popcorn turn off the lights and glue my eyes to the tv

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2008, 09:53:33 pm »
XD heck yeah, I don't think I've been this hyped for an episode of Avatar since the Book Two: Earth finale.

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2008, 02:59:54 am »
They had better bring back uncle iroh back for the movie or I will be pissed... but then satisfied by the series finale. I almost wish it would go on, but sometimes you need to know when the perfect time to stop is.

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2008, 08:40:56 am »
I dont think they could bring back uncle iroh cause the actor (Mako) who did iroh's voice is dead.

Offline Super_Pimp_Kyuya

• Cabbit
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2008, 09:19:27 am »
i luvs the avatar ^^ i cant wait for the finale..i might miss the movie though :'( :'(

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2008, 10:22:18 am »
I dont think they could bring back uncle iroh cause the actor (Mako) who did iroh's voice is dead.
wow that is very depressing.....maybe they'll get a new guy and replace him ^_^ *is very hopeful*

I'm going to miss the movie too. I am going to go see Dark Knight at 7. Thank God for DVRs ^_^
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 10:23:23 am by nikkiolie »

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2008, 10:32:28 am »
wow that is very depressing.....maybe they'll get a new guy and replace him ^_^ *is very hopeful*

I'm going to miss the movie too. I am going to go see Dark Knight at 7. Thank God for DVRs ^_^
They did, his apprentice. He voiced Iroh when he was stuck in prison. If you compare voices, they are different.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 10:32:42 am by CatchxMe »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2008, 11:32:17 am »
YAY that makes me happy! I couldn't tell the difference, just like I couldn't tell the difference between the two actors that played Dumbledore in Harry Potter x.x

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2008, 12:07:49 pm »
Bad Syd, bad! *whacks* No changing sides this late in the game! XD

If I ever do a Kyoshi Warrior cosplay, I'll go all-out and do Avatar Kyoshi.
Ow! I meant for Halloween or something! XD AVATAR KYOSHI?! ZOMG. DO IT.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2008, 12:13:22 pm »
Not until I finish Valclav, Yuffie, Angeal and probably Nuada! I'll work on her at some point in all that, but GRAH!

The good thing is that my feet are big enough and I'm certainly tall enough.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2008, 04:03:30 pm »
I am going to do Azula for Kumoricon. I love Azula. It will be her beach party costume ^_^

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2008, 07:04:24 pm »
DOOD. WTF? WHY THE HJFUSHIDGIJS-ING CLIFFHANGER? But, it was still full of win!

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2008, 07:08:41 pm »
Wow.  That was AWESOME!

I HAVE to work some version of Sokka into my cosplay schedule at Kumoricon.
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2008, 10:00:33 pm »
missed it. but has special channels that are also nick and will be playing movie at 4 6 and 9
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2008, 10:02:12 pm »
D: not cool. Well, at least there'll be a new series of it for looking for Ursa'n stuff like that.

But still, kinda wish they'd remained neutral in the pairing department. It all seemed kinda... Stuck onto the end just so the shippers would shut up. Well guess what, betches? Yeah, no. I've stuck with Zutara since 2005, not going back now.

That is all.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2008, 10:33:01 pm »

They did, his apprentice. He voiced Iroh when he was stuck in prison. If you compare voices, they are different.  ;)
Actually, the other guy was even the voice of Iroh as early as the School Shipping episode (one of the chibi episodes).

And wow, I just watched the movie.  That was amazing.  Well worth the wait.
And with that cliffhanger.... could the rumored season 4 be true?  Looks like it.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2008, 10:46:34 pm »
Wow? Early as School Shipping? o.o FIRE IS THE BEST.  I don't think it's true....>.< But, maybe a spin-off? DX They'll probably butcher it.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2008, 10:53:36 pm »
Wow? Early as School Shipping? o.o FIRE IS THE BEST.  I don't think it's true....>.< But, maybe a spin-off? DX They'll probably butcher it.
The rumored Season 4, according to the rumors, doesn't follow the Gaang.  From what I heard it's either going to be in the past or the future.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2008, 11:40:54 pm »
The rumored Season 4, according to the rumors, doesn't follow the Gaang.  From what I heard it's either going to be in the past or the future.
That makes sense...:/

oslapedo

« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2008, 12:46:52 am »
Thanks for enlightening the rest. Iroh has already spoken prior to the finale, he talked to Zuko in "The Avatar and the Fire Lord", and all of Iroh's work was in fact done by a Mako apprentice.

There is, and will be NO 4th season. There is no "Air" book. There are plenty of interviews with Bryke that prove this, and I'll dig them up later when my tummy doesn't feel like it's going to esplode (such are the repurcussions of an endless stream of junk food ;). Bryke have said that they're working or are planning on making an Avatar movie, so that shoul fulfill our Ursa lnging hearts ;D The 4th season wouldn't really even be a 4th season at all- it would be more akin to a spin-off series.

I'll get really into my thoughts and feelings later (when all of my Avatardian friends take their leave tommorrow, and when I'm not sugar comatised). One of the main things that I would have changed about the AMAZING finale isthe opening monologue, done by Katara during the entire course of the series. I think on the last episode instead of saying "...he still has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone...", considering the progress that Aang's made I think she should have referenced the journey that they've made and how the circle is coming to a close. But I loved it, and my friends-even the ones that have only seen a few episodes- loved it so I'm happy.

I feel like I did after reading the last Harry Potter book though. Now I need to find a new reason for living  :D

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2008, 01:16:03 am »

I feel like I did after reading the last Harry Potter book though. Now I need to find a new reason for living  :D

Which is what turned me onto cosplaying/anime. I haven't left!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2008, 11:17:59 am »
I was up late watching this movie and I loved it. I got to see Dark Knight and the finale of Avatar all in one night/morning. I thought the ending was really good. I can't believe what happened to Azula.....I guess you really do need friends in this world ^_^ I did feel like the battle with Aang and the Fire Lord was dragged out too long but I was very tired and wanting it to end so I could go to bed, but other then that it was great.

oslapedo

« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2008, 07:52:12 pm »
I'm opposite of that view nikkiolie, I wished that it was longer ;) My favorite battle was probably the agni kai between Zuko and Azula. The blows of their fire were animated beautifully, and the background music echoed how utterly epic it was. Besides, watching Azula descend into Crazula was interesting.

I was slightly confused though about Aang's ability to trigger the avatar state. I thought that Aang had sealed the chakra needed to release the avatar state, how is it that a lone rock could be capable of awakening it?

I'm stuck an Avatar hangover right now. I can't function at all :D I'm really curious though, in "Southern Raiders" what was the significance between Sokka tinkering with a garland of flowers? ;D

Which is what turned me onto cosplaying/anime. I haven't left!
Maybe I will find something else to entertain my mind as well, as soon as my brain starts working again...

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2008, 08:09:43 pm »
I have a few questions myself. First of all, the Lionturtle. Did he use some sort of hypnosis to make Aang go on him? It couldn't have been his past lives, because they knew nothing about it. And why would his scent, according to the tracker's nose, be completely taken out of existence? He'd just be over the water.

And my favorite battle was everything with Toph. Her metal-bending skills left me amazed and laughing.  ;) On for the second favorite, it would have to be the Avatar-state that Aang was in with the swirling things that made me impressed tied with the fight with Zuko and the out-of-it Azula.

I was kind of annoyed with the pairings galore, because literally EVERY pairing was there. Well, every sane pairing.

Last but not least, my favorite part of the whole movie was Zuko's reunion with his uncle. I thought that Zuko's voice actor hit top notch with the shakiness of it all.  :D

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2008, 09:34:25 pm »
watchin it on Nicktoons channel 126 woo yay me
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2008, 10:25:52 pm »
I liked Toph's life changing field trip XD

That was good. The fight between Zuko and Azula was my other favorite part.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2008, 10:36:57 pm »
I liked Toph's life changing field trip XD

That was good. The fight between Zuko and Azula was my other favorite part.
Hahaha poor Toph. No love for her. I love how she went on and on about herself and didn't really care that Aang was gone. XD

I like how the old crazy Earth king was all 'SOMEONE VERY IMPORTANT IS MISSING. WHERE IS...MOMO?!'

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2008, 10:37:50 pm »
I so knew he was going to say that. I knew it all along......to bad no one else was in the room v.v

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2008, 10:39:05 pm »
I watched it with my dad and my best friend. It was kinda funny, because my friend kept complaining about everything...lol

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2008, 10:39:41 pm »
I was alone in my room and all hyped up because I just got back from Dark Knight.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2008, 10:40:44 pm »
Lucky, I want to see it sooo bad!

But anyway, what did everyone else think of the movie?

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2008, 10:50:59 pm »
just finished it!! good good. a little awkward when ang took the fire lords powers away though.
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2008, 12:19:06 am »
just finished it!! good good. a little awkward when ang took the fire lords powers away though.
I kind of saw that part coming when ang was not willing to kill the fire lord. It was kind of predictable, but Avatar is a kids show.

Offline chibiroth

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2008, 12:35:58 am »
its was really good! i thought that some of the pairings were kinda just shoved together at the end, but i am so glad that zuko's uncle came back :D and that the white lotus was finally explained.
Kumoricon 2008 cosplay:

Princess Tutu
Riku- KH
Hunny-Ouran Host Club
Cooking Mama
Alita- Apollo Justice

And a Secret Cosplay hehe :D

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2008, 11:16:00 am »
I kind of saw that part coming when ang was not willing to kill the fire lord. It was kind of predictable, but Avatar is a kids show.
Meh... I don't fully agree with that.
A kids show that included blood, Jet's death, Zhao's death, Azula, the rose scene, fan service (the beach scenes)... I'm sure I'm forgetting something else.
They probably didn't want the main protaginist to be seen as a killer.

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2008, 11:33:18 am »
there were also part where it felt a little dragon ballzee
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2008, 12:53:37 pm »
Meh... I don't fully agree with that.
A kids show that included blood, Jet's death, Zhao's death, Azula, the rose scene, fan service (the beach scenes)... I'm sure I'm forgetting something else.
They probably didn't want the main protaginist to be seen as a killer.
Oh, thanks so reminding me.

I was really, REALLY surprised that they had Azula be THAT crazy, like struggling so much and breathing pointless fire everywhere. That was really good in the realistic department, but a lot more then Nick would regularly allow.

oslapedo

« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2008, 02:00:51 pm »
I LOVED Azula's descent into craziness. And I actually enjoyed how Aang found an alternative to killing Ozai. If you think about it, rotting away his life in a cell after being ridiculed by children is probably much worse than death for the "proud" phoenix king ;)

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2008, 04:37:59 pm »
I never said it was a bad ending, I just said that about half way through I knew what would probably happen and I was right. I Love Avatar and I liked the ending, in no way was I saying anything bad about the show. Also Avatar is intended for kids(or older kids) thats why it is on nickelodeon or go to best buy and see what section the avatar dvds are in. I still love it but as an adult I am not the target audience.

oslapedo

« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2008, 05:50:45 pm »
I see what you're saying :D I appreciate Avatar for it's ability to reach beyond the "target audience". It was truly epic, and I'll always cherish the journey of the gAang in my heart.

Offline Hitokiri Kenshin

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2008, 12:14:16 am »
I LOVED Azula's descent into craziness. And I actually enjoyed how Aang found an alternative to killing Ozai. If you think about it, rotting away his life in a cell after being ridiculed by children is probably much worse than death for the "proud" phoenix king ;)

Pretty much. 

Offline samalam

• Cabbit
« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2008, 12:23:42 am »
I dont love over-killed shows but I hope they have like a bonus episode like what the heck happends with zuko something.
but nick is know for killing shows before there time but they might come to there senses...
by the way funny as heck to azula lose her mind I always didnt like her.  ;D
kumoricon-09
marshmello fuu~

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2008, 08:17:07 am »
sad.....I like Azula.There is something about mean kick ass girls that is really appealing to me. It gives me someone to cosplay as. I don't like whinny girls like Sakura >_< Temari and Azula (well maybe not so much her anymore) can take care of them selves but still need to rely on other sometime. They are independent yet dependent at the same time O.o

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2008, 09:26:15 am »
sad.....I like Azula.There is something about mean kick ass girls that is really appealing to me. It gives me someone to cosplay as. I don't like whinny girls like Sakura >_< Temari and Azula (well maybe not so much her anymore) can take care of them selves but still need to rely on other sometime. They are independent yet dependent at the same time O.o
Same, same....Which is why I loved Azula. XD My brother was all like 'STILL LIKE HER NOW?' when she was going crazy. I said something to the effect of..."HO, YES! YEAH! LIGHTTTTTTTENING!"

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #130 on: July 26, 2008, 09:51:24 am »
lol that is epic. I do like Zuko more than her so it sucked when he got hit v.v at least she didn't die ^_^

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #131 on: July 26, 2008, 11:51:28 am »
test: http://www.gotoquiz.com/which_avatar_the_last_airbender_nation_do_you

Which Nation are you from?

*grins* I finally watched all of season 3 in one sitting. loved the end.

PS: Im from the fire nation
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #132 on: July 26, 2008, 01:38:04 pm »
test: http://www.gotoquiz.com/which_avatar_the_last_airbender_nation_do_you

Which Nation are you from?

*grins* I finally watched all of season 3 in one sitting. loved the end.

PS: Im from the fire nation

Water tribe here.
Sakuracon 2014
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #133 on: July 26, 2008, 01:58:28 pm »
FAIYAH NASHUN!

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #134 on: July 26, 2008, 03:27:19 pm »
Water tribe
Followed closely by Earth and Fire with Air being a distant 4th (which kinda surprised me)

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #135 on: July 26, 2008, 07:16:30 pm »
Earth kingdom baby yeah!

Offline Catmegan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2008, 07:29:10 pm »
YESH! FELLOW AVATAR FANS!!!

I'm such and avatar nerd. I'm tempted to do an Azula or Ty-lee cosplay.

The ending was really good, it made me happy. ^_^ but I heard that they are going to continue Avatar, but it's going to be a different Avatar. Does anyone know anything about that? Or is it just a crazy rumor?

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2008, 12:00:16 am »
wow... actually I hope your right. But can they top the series where the fire nation has almost taken over the entire planet? How can you one up that?

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2008, 01:13:54 am »
When the next Avatar is a Swamp Waterbender. That would just about blow everything out of the water.

"You think everythin' tastes like opossum-chicken!"

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2008, 07:36:50 am »
I heard that it was going to be background of Azula and Zuko, or about their mother.....that is just what I heard.

Offline Catmegan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2008, 09:09:15 am »
Oh that would be so cool! They never told you enough about their mother. I would like to see how they would do that.

But I'm sure that it won't be as good as The last airbender. That was a pretty epic show.

Ok so I love the fire nation. They made me laugh really hard because they were all scary and stuff and then when you saw them off duty they were so silly.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2008, 09:13:42 am »
I love the fire nation too. I was working on the quiz but I was also busy uploading pictures from the picnic so that had priority. .....I'm going to finish the quiz now.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2008, 09:19:23 am »
I is water tribe, then fire, air and earth in last. It almost looks like I was a point or so off from being fire. It was really close.

Offline Catmegan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #143 on: July 27, 2008, 11:11:56 am »
The fire and water tribes are my favorite. I kinda wish I knew more about Air but all you saw was the monks. I want to know what the normal air bending people were like.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #144 on: July 27, 2008, 12:28:12 pm »
They were all monks, so far as I know. The reason every single Air nation person was a bender was because they had a higher level of spirituality, most likely coming from them all being monks.

Offline Oniyukai

• Cabbit
« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2008, 01:18:04 pm »
Just saw the finale...it was soo good.

Offline Catmegan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2008, 04:23:45 pm »
Maybe I just have a hard time believing a WHOLE race of people were monks. I mean there has to be a few rebels right?

oslapedo

« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2008, 12:18:19 pm »
You would think that, but I guess since all of the monks were brought up to believe in peace they never considered anything else? I'm kind of curious though as to why they're called nomads when they stay in the same place constantly. Surely a few would have evaded fire nation forces during travels and whatnot.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2008, 12:40:13 pm »
why would anyone rebel from a peaceful culture? I mean i understand people rebelling from the fire nation.....but the air temples?

Offline Catmegan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2008, 10:50:15 pm »
Maybe the People didn't like having a shaved head?! That would make me rebel!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 10:50:40 pm by Catmegan »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2008, 11:01:46 pm »
I guess.......

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2008, 11:35:21 pm »
YESH! FELLOW AVATAR FANS!!!

I'm such and avatar nerd. I'm tempted to do an Azula or Ty-lee cosplay.

The ending was really good, it made me happy. ^_^ but I heard that they are going to continue Avatar, but it's going to be a different Avatar. Does anyone know anything about that? Or is it just a crazy rumor?
Mabey it will be zuko trying to find his mother.

Offline Super_Pimp_Kyuya

• Cabbit
« Reply #152 on: July 29, 2008, 11:49:53 am »
 :'( i didnt get to see the finale how was it??

oslapedo

« Reply #153 on: July 29, 2008, 12:34:04 pm »
^ Absolutely amazing. The finale has cinematic esque production values; the music, animation, and everything are absolutely stunning. I think you should watch it as soon as humanly possible :D

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #154 on: July 29, 2008, 03:00:06 pm »
I saw that it was on nicktoons network last night

Offline Super_Pimp_Kyuya

• Cabbit
« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2008, 10:11:47 pm »
T.T i keep missing it ive only seen like 2 mins of it so far T.T

oslapedo

« Reply #156 on: August 01, 2008, 08:16:38 am »
Aw  :'( Oh well, just envision fantastical scenes of glory in your mind to hold you off until you can see the real thing.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2008, 09:44:40 am »
T.T i keep missing it ive only seen like 2 mins of it so far T.T
Check out avatarchapters.org.  That's what I did when they released the episodes early (like Boiling Rock and such)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2008, 07:09:43 pm »
It's on all the time. I'm sure it will be on this weekend.

Offline Aima_Lucavi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #159 on: August 02, 2008, 02:27:20 pm »
ya, they do whore that thing. but then again it is amazing.
sakuracon 09 cosplays:
Zetta-makai kingdom
Jim- Outlaw star
kcon 09 cosplays:
no freakin clue

All I want is for everyone too have fun and be happy. I don't see how that makes me a bad person.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #160 on: August 02, 2008, 02:32:23 pm »
It was amazing and i want to get all the episodes and have a party one day....but it wont be till after school starts.

Offline Aima_Lucavi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #161 on: August 02, 2008, 02:39:21 pm »
that sounds kewl
sakuracon 09 cosplays:
Zetta-makai kingdom
Jim- Outlaw star
kcon 09 cosplays:
no freakin clue

All I want is for everyone too have fun and be happy. I don't see how that makes me a bad person.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #162 on: August 02, 2008, 04:03:57 pm »
So Nikkiolie has convinced me to do two things related to Avatar: 1, watch Avatar in it's entirety so I can learn about Combustion Man and 2, cosplay as Combustion Man. So yeah, I've got some studying to do, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #163 on: August 02, 2008, 04:14:29 pm »
Haha, that'd be awesome!

Offline Aima_Lucavi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2008, 05:05:05 pm »
one of the best minor characters EVER
sakuracon 09 cosplays:
Zetta-makai kingdom
Jim- Outlaw star
kcon 09 cosplays:
no freakin clue

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #165 on: August 02, 2008, 10:36:55 pm »
YES! I WIN! I think he is a great character and I would love to see him. I don't think he talks though....and sokka beats him ^_^

Offline Aima_Lucavi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #166 on: August 03, 2008, 12:00:13 pm »
true....but in his defense

*looks over there*
sakuracon 09 cosplays:
Zetta-makai kingdom
Jim- Outlaw star
kcon 09 cosplays:
no freakin clue

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #167 on: August 03, 2008, 12:04:46 pm »
yeah you right Sokka is a genius! I like Sokka.

Offline Aima_Lucavi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #168 on: August 03, 2008, 12:07:24 pm »
yes, he is relatively amazing....AND A PLAYA  :)
sakuracon 09 cosplays:
Zetta-makai kingdom
Jim- Outlaw star
kcon 09 cosplays:
no freakin clue

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #169 on: August 03, 2008, 12:16:16 pm »
really I know. Two girls....I thought Suki was going to hit him once he told her to be quiet about Yue during the play.

Offline Aima_Lucavi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #170 on: August 03, 2008, 12:55:14 pm »
ya ^^. oh well, the show ending was amazing but the fact that its over is just saddening.
sakuracon 09 cosplays:
Zetta-makai kingdom
Jim- Outlaw star
kcon 09 cosplays:
no freakin clue

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #171 on: August 03, 2008, 01:50:34 pm »
yeah it does make me sad. I want to see new episodes but its best that they ended it instead of ruining it.

Offline Aima_Lucavi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #172 on: August 08, 2008, 12:14:24 pm »
well im not going to argue against that. i hate when things get dragged on too long and lose all appeal whatsoever *cough* inuyasha *cough*
sakuracon 09 cosplays:
Zetta-makai kingdom
Jim- Outlaw star
kcon 09 cosplays:
no freakin clue

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #173 on: August 08, 2008, 12:27:41 pm »
yeah inuyasha is really long too. I like very few characters in it......only the band of seven.

Offline Aima_Lucavi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #174 on: August 08, 2008, 12:28:52 pm »
A SWORD IS NOT A HALBERD *implodes and laughs (yes in that order, what do you think i am sane or something?)
sakuracon 09 cosplays:
Zetta-makai kingdom
Jim- Outlaw star
kcon 09 cosplays:
no freakin clue

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #175 on: August 08, 2008, 07:14:57 pm »
Sokka is a smart alec as well as being a playa.  :-)  He's one of my favorites from the show, aside from Aang himself.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #176 on: August 08, 2008, 07:37:40 pm »
I love Sokka.....when he drank the juice from the cactus I couldn't stop laughing.

Offline Aima_Lucavi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #177 on: August 08, 2008, 09:45:42 pm »
i think the koshi (doubt i spelt that right) reincarnation thingy where hes tricked out with all the stuff was awesome.
sakuracon 09 cosplays:
Zetta-makai kingdom
Jim- Outlaw star
kcon 09 cosplays:
no freakin clue

oslapedo

« Reply #178 on: August 10, 2008, 02:17:47 pm »
Sokka's a beast ;D I love everything about Sukka, they are the one true pair to rule all pairs!

Offline samalam

• Cabbit
« Reply #179 on: August 21, 2008, 09:17:09 pm »
I'm so sad in the end toff got no one to love
so sad...
kumoricon-09
marshmello fuu~

oslapedo

« Reply #180 on: August 22, 2008, 11:44:12 am »
I personally think that Toph is only awesome enough to love herself :D But she did hug that one little kid at the end, the Duke was his name?

Offline kuri_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #181 on: August 24, 2008, 12:46:04 am »
um this is only a RUMOr, but I've hear whispers of a movie. This makes me wonder what they could possibly do besides one thing.

If you pay attention the the scene where Zuko speaks to his father in prison then the only probable storyline for a movie is the search for Zuko's mother.

Does anyone else think that might be it, or an I talking out my...you know what.

oslapedo

« Reply #182 on: August 24, 2008, 01:18:17 am »
I'm sure they'll expand on Zuko's mama. There are quite a few other plotlines that could be explored though, like Iroh's journey to the spririt world for instance ;D

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
« Reply #183 on: August 24, 2008, 02:05:34 am »
um this is only a RUMOr, but I've hear whispers of a movie. This makes me wonder what they could possibly do besides one thing.

If you pay attention the the scene where Zuko speaks to his father in prison then the only probable storyline for a movie is the search for Zuko's mother.

Does anyone else think that might be it, or an I talking out my...you know what.

the stuff i read in regaurds to that mentioned that m night shamalan would be directing. **** if i know why, it would be his first time directing both something he didnt write and a "childrens" film (i think avatar has plenty going on that its more of an all ages thing, but you know...nickelodeon) .  also the article kinda implied that it would just be a re- hashing of the series, not that anything is really clear at this point its supposed to be kinda far out, and not some kinda continuation of the story.

(on a small side note even though i think it would have been nice to have a fourth "book of air" season, i think the last few episodes were really well done and didn't leave me wanting much, i felt at piece with the end of the show which doesn't always happen)

also i just cant see how this could be well done live action. the fight scenes in the show were so well done, and you dont have to worry about special effects or stunt people when youre working with animation.  there was like...one or two guys that helped with all the motion capture/choreography.
i seriously doubt they could find actors that would work for the main characters age range that were also ninjas. though i do think the guy who voiced zuko  could almost play him live action, if he were a little younger.
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline Spit

• Sailor Scout
    • http://thebakaotaku.topcities.com
« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2008, 08:03:12 pm »
though i do think the guy who voiced zuko  could almost play him live action, if he were a little younger.

i totally agree with you. the kid would voices for aang might be alright i haven't seen much of him, so i don't know what kind of actor he is. i just wish that avatar wasn't intertwined with nickelodeon. T_T because then the show's ending wouldn't have been so rushed feeling...and if they are making a live action they could choose good actors. but thats all just my opinion.
mention this to me and watch the weather change.
--------------------------------------
Sakura-Con/Kumori-Con 08-10:
Bubble Head Nurse-100%
Zapdos-20%

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2008, 09:38:08 pm »
though i do think the guy who voiced zuko  could almost play him live action, if he were a little younger.

i totally agree with you. the kid would voices for aang might be alright i haven't seen much of him, so i don't know what kind of actor he is. i just wish that avatar wasn't intertwined with nickelodeon. T_T because then the show's ending wouldn't have been so rushed feeling...and if they are making a live action they could choose good actors. but thats all just my opinion.

yeah, hes kinda rediculous, he hasent been in much (also apprently hes like 33...he really shouldn't play a 17ish year old).

but this picture of him is hillarious.

also it should be noted there is a totally unrelated movie by the same name comming out soon to, its some kinda sci fi thing.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 09:41:34 pm by pinkrandomattack »
Commissioning again!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2008, 09:45:36 pm »
I love Hook and Rufio. He was one of my favorite characters but he died >_<

I had no idea he did Zuko's voice
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 09:45:56 pm by nikkiolie »

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2008, 10:56:59 pm »
RU-FI-O! RU-FI-O! RU-FI-O!

Er... Yeah. We had a counselor at camp that looked JUST like him, and on Pirate night he rode his skateboard around the dining hall while we chanted that.

But yeah, I personally think that M. Night Shamalan proably wasn't the best choice for the director. I don't know about you guys, but I think he should stick to suspenseful horror/thriller/whatever stuff.

Offline Spit

• Sailor Scout
    • http://thebakaotaku.topcities.com
« Reply #188 on: August 26, 2008, 07:32:22 am »
what the crap? hes 33? BWAAHAHHAHA! thats so funny. to me he looks like hes 17. kind of creepy.....
mention this to me and watch the weather change.
--------------------------------------
Sakura-Con/Kumori-Con 08-10:
Bubble Head Nurse-100%
Zapdos-20%

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #189 on: August 26, 2008, 10:36:43 am »
Well that movie is really really old so he could have been around 17 at the time.....I think it is about 15 years old >_>

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #190 on: August 26, 2008, 11:13:09 am »
I saw a recent picture of him and he still does not look that old.

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
« Reply #191 on: August 26, 2008, 01:15:04 pm »
I saw a recent picture of him and he still does not look that old.

true he does look rather dashing.  however i dont think he should play a 17yearold.  that would just be silly.
Commissioning again!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #192 on: August 26, 2008, 01:26:37 pm »
yeah it would look kinda weird.....

oslapedo

« Reply #193 on: August 26, 2008, 01:32:21 pm »
I really hope they get asian actors for the movie. I realize Avatar is an american cartoon, but it also takes place in an asian setting, so I hope M. Night doesn't mess it up... xD

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #194 on: August 26, 2008, 01:35:28 pm »
I don't really care as long as the actors and actresses look good and play the character well.

oslapedo

« Reply #195 on: August 26, 2008, 01:40:49 pm »
That's true, as long as their ethnicity doesn't detract from the viewing experience. I hope the Water Tribe actors are at least tannish. x3

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #196 on: August 26, 2008, 01:42:29 pm »
yeah i think they would look much better if they were tan.

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
« Reply #197 on: August 26, 2008, 10:39:19 pm »
I don't really care as long as the actors and actresses look good and play the character well.

while i think thats true, i think they should try to stay ethnically similar within the nations. if zuko is asian, than at least most (if not all) of the fire nation people should be too.  but that doesnt mean that earth kingdom people couldnt be non-asian.

im all for having an open mind. but i dont like genetics to be completely ignored.

like in that version of cinderella with brandy in it that came out a few years ago wherein

this plus equals

maybe they adopted.

there is such a thing as too pc.
Commissioning again!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #198 on: August 26, 2008, 10:42:49 pm »
I think the earth kingdom should be like Russian....or German >_> (I know that it is a bad stereotype)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 10:42:58 pm by nikkiolie »

oslapedo

« Reply #199 on: August 26, 2008, 10:56:49 pm »
I don't see how that's a bad stereotype, but it is pretty hilarious to imagine the earthbenders like that XD

I wonder how they'll do the special effects for bending... I cross my fingers for epicness!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #200 on: August 26, 2008, 11:01:52 pm »
Well it is a stereotype saying that all Russians and or Germans as really muscular and masculine looking >_>

oslapedo

« Reply #201 on: August 26, 2008, 11:07:40 pm »
I've never heard of that being a stereotype! It's a lot better than America's fat stereotypes though ^_^,

I know they won't be able to fit everything that happens in Book 1 into a single movie, so I wonder what events and what characters they'll cut out. Suki better be in it! :D

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #202 on: August 26, 2008, 11:49:51 pm »
I'm sure she will....I mean she shows up in every book.......Yue might not be in it though >_>

oslapedo

« Reply #203 on: August 26, 2008, 11:54:35 pm »
Hm... I think Yue has a pretty good chance since she's kind of the one who saves the day in Siege of the North ;) And I remember reading an interview (I could try and find it) that said that the Siege of the North will be in the movie.

I'm pretty sure Suki will be in too... but they may rearrange her appearance and scoot her to the 2nd or 3rd movie. She's only in one episode in Book 1 after all :D

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
« Reply #204 on: August 27, 2008, 12:05:32 am »
Hm... I think Yue has a pretty good chance since she's kind of the one who saves the day in Siege of the North ;) And I remember reading an interview (I could try and find it) that said that the Siege of the North will be in the movie.

I'm pretty sure Suki will be in too... but they may rearrange her appearance and scoot her to the 2nd or 3rd movie. She's only in one episode in Book 1 after all :D

but then wouldnt they have to change how/when they met her? since shes kinda important in the last few episodes, in which VAST amounts of plot takes place.

one can assume they wont include material from episodes like...the beach *blegh* or sadly probably not the secret tunnel episode.
Commissioning again!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #205 on: August 27, 2008, 10:03:30 am »
I liked the Beach. That was my favorite episode. It was so funny.

oslapedo

« Reply #206 on: August 27, 2008, 10:58:09 am »
I liked the Beach too. I kind of like all Avatar episodes, even the Great Divide x3

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #207 on: August 27, 2008, 11:12:13 am »
There are a few I will only watch once and several that I'll watch many many times ;D

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
« Reply #208 on: August 27, 2008, 11:20:25 am »
the beach was perhaps the only episode i thought was just...wrong.  everything up to that point, while sometimes rediculous, made sense.  and then this horrible formula episode shows its head "hay i know, lets make all the characters half nekkid and have them crash a party!" they dont have anything more important to do.

dont get me wrong there was more substance to the episode than many animes "beach episode", like i think it was towards the end of that that azula's chikies really started thinking she was nuts. but still.

yes it was "fun" and there were funny moments...but i dunno.  maybe i just expect to much.
Commissioning again!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #209 on: August 27, 2008, 11:26:04 am »
I wasn't expecting anything. I was expecting it to be a vacation episode with a lot of funny parts and that's what I got ^_^