Author Topic: Avatar: The Last Airbender  (Read 34922 times)

oslapedo

« on: July 09, 2008, 06:58:57 pm »
I'm sure there's some Avatards lurking ;) I love Avatar so much! I adore how it pleases me without condescending me, unlike many other present day cartoons would. It's witty, funny, even romantic in some parts, and all of this greatness is wrapped up within amazing animation.

But guess what fellow fans. The adventure is coming to an end. "New" episodes will begin playing on July 14, and the 19th will mark it's two hour season finale, ie, the end of Avatar.

I'm excited for this, and the fangirl in me is storing up many a squeal in anticipation, but I'm also a bit saddened. As cheesy as I'm being, the journey of Aang has been quite an epic one, and I know that the epic capacity will increase by over 9,000 during the finale.

So, if Avatar fans exist on this side of the interwebworld, flock! Come here, and let's all discuss a show that warmed many hearts, and touched many lives  ;D Also, is anyone planning any "Avatar Finale" parties? I know I am  ;)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 07:00:59 pm by oslapedo »

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 07:54:45 pm »
LOVE AVATAR! I can't wait for the new episodes. I need to keep an eye out for them .

oslapedo

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 08:59:09 pm »
I knew I couldn't be the only avatard here ;)

Remember those ooey gooey dough-cookie-things from "Avatar Day" way back in season 1? I'm going to replicate those for consumption during for the finale ;D I also want to make some variation of cactus juice.

Watching the series finale trailer from NYCC pumps me up so much! I'm especially curious to see how the "Smexy Sokka" clip at the end will be included into an actual episode  :D

Linkage: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pmRY2s25PvQ

(^ The "Smexy Sokka" clip starts at 2:00. How manly is Sokka that he set up his tent with a sword;D)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 09:03:58 pm by oslapedo »

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 09:19:42 pm »
Someday I'm making myself one of those big thick fuzzy Northern Water Tribe coats. I want one so bad...

Gads, I can't wait until next Monday! I'mma bake a cake and put the symbols of the four nations on it! It's so cool that Jun's back, though.

http://katsari-chan.deviantart.com/art/Ember-Isle-Reject-83370523 <== This was possibly the funniest thing I saw right after watching the Ember Isle preview.

oslapedo

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 09:51:24 pm »
That comic makes my heart lul  :D I'm sure Suki's intently observing for research...

A fuzzy water tribe coat would be awesome! But I think I'd enjoy the air nomad's flamboyantly obtrusive orange robes and whatnot.

Cake sounds really yummy. I mean copy right infringe you and bake an avatard cake too. I think I'd doodle a chibi Aang face on it :)

Jun... eh... she's alright but I didn't really like her when I first saw her. What we need is more hippies like Chong! And of course more smexy Sokka! ;)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 10:38:38 pm »
As long as they don't bring back Jin, I'm good.

And I mean, Jun is pretty cool in her own right. She's got a giant mole-badger-anteater-thing that she rides, after all.

What I really want is a set of Dai Lee robes. Those are awesome beyond all doubt. And, you know, a big fluffy Water Tribe jacket. That would be cool.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 10:48:25 pm »
Avatar fan over here and I'm a big-time shipper to boot (can't help it).
But don't worry.  I'm not one of those fans that will bite your head off if you disagree with me.... well, maybe if you're a Tokka fan.  (I'm a Taang fan)

I've been looking forward to the finale for a long time.  I still wondering why they waited to show the finale months after the last aired episode.

oslapedo

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 10:52:42 pm »
I loved Jin! She was so mello, and she just went with the flow and played along with Zuko's crazy fool child self!  Maiko? Pfft, Zujin is where it's at. I think we can all agree that between "u"s and "i"s, "i" is superior  ;D

Personally I think it would be fantasmical if the airbending staffs existed in real life. But I guess I could just grab a normal staff, go the way of Aang, and just bend air into it  :) That would be...succesful.

Le Edit~ Taang... I'm not sure if I should go there  ;D

I think the reason they waited so long is because they weren't exactly finishe with the episodes. Either that or Nick doesn't know how to handle quality shows  :-\

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 11:57:14 pm »
Taang, Sukka and Zutara FTW! : D I'm such a pairing tard when it comes down to it.

Anybody ever read rufftoon's 'Water Tribe' fancomic on Deviantart? I'm not much of a Zhao fangirl, but it's still all kinds of funny.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 08:59:32 am »
I heard a rumor that Zuko's mom might be coming back. O.o For the finally I may dress my dog up as Appa

My Appa is the one on the left, surprisingly my other dog acts a lot like momo.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 09:56:06 am »
Rumor nuthin, Nickelodeon said that the Gaang is finding her first.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 01:33:18 pm »
Avatar is pretty cool. I wish I watched more of it.
I love Appa. Every show should have a flying buffalo.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 02:32:08 pm »
I knew that she was in it but if people didn't want spoilers then I was only going to say it was a rumor.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 05:00:02 pm »
It's hardly a spoiler, they said it halfway through the second season. Around the same time they unveiled the first Avatar Season 3 DVD cover, actually.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 05:53:05 pm »
.....well I didn't know it till Sakuracon when they showed the preview (that I missed x.x)

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 06:34:23 pm »
I think the reason they waited so long is because they weren't exactly finishe with the episodes. Either that or Nick doesn't know how to handle quality shows  :-\
I heard they already had the episodes finished.  One person on an avatar forum I go to said they know someone who works for nickelodeon and he knew the ending back in January.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 06:44:04 pm »
Nickelodeon is just a total buttmunch like that.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 06:45:33 pm »
I want to see it so bad. We should have a party or something. I wanted to watch the last two newest episodes and it was going to be the same weekend as Kumoricon lite and a group of my friends were over but Nickelodeon didn't air it. I was so pissed.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 06:47:06 pm »
They put The Boiling Rock parts 1 and 2 on the latest Season 3 DVD... Even though they haven't been aired on American television yet.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 06:48:19 pm »
yeah I was so mad. I was expecting to see it and I spent an hour searching for it x.x

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 08:18:38 am »
o-o Really? On the DVD? Damn. Wait...When is the huge marionthon happening. 0-0 [/must mark on her imaginary calander]

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 09:00:34 am »

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 10:16:19 am »
Huge marathon starts the 14th (next Monday), and goes to the 18th (next Friday). They're showing one new episode each night, with a series finale of chapters 18-21 in one big movie event Friday night.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2008, 10:44:15 am »
They put The Boiling Rock parts 1 and 2 on the latest Season 3 DVD... Even though they haven't been aired on American television yet.
Yeah, that made no sense to me whatsoever.  They released it on DVD... THEN they air it?
The only reason I can think of for that is they thought some people would be so desperate that they would buy the DVD just so they could find out what happens next.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2008, 11:05:47 am »
Huge marathon starts the 14th (next Monday), and goes to the 18th (next Friday). They're showing one new episode each night, with a series finale of chapters 18-21 in one big movie event Friday night.
Ah, thank you!!! [/jots down]

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2008, 12:35:51 pm »
Did it end Friday night? I thought it was Saturday. I was checking the episode and it seemed like the new ones didn't start till Wednesday. But it could just be wrong on the tv.

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2008, 10:12:27 am »
Yeah, that made no sense to me whatsoever.  They released it on DVD... THEN they air it?
The only reason I can think of for that is they thought some people would be so desperate that they would buy the DVD just so they could find out what happens next.
They did it because the dvd was released by the canadian company that owns avatar. Nickelodeon gets it from them. Its nickelodeon that is dragging it out so long. The canadian company didnt want to wait for nick so they released it on dvd. 

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2008, 11:35:34 am »
Technically, new ones start Wednesday. But they're still playing The Boiling Rock 1/2 on Monday and Tuesday. Since they've been out on DVD, and on the internet, and on tv in Canada... They're not actually new.

oslapedo

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2008, 03:44:27 pm »
The schedule of Avatar this upcoming week, not including the massive re-run marathon on Nicktoons 8)

Monday- Western Air Temple
Tuesday- Firebending Masters
Wednesday- Boiling Rock 1 + 2
Thursday- Southern Raiders
Friday- Ember Island Players
Saturday- Two Hour FINALE!!!

The only ones I haven't seen yet and care about are SR and EIP. Ninja Kazuko action? AW yeah!  ;D

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2008, 03:48:34 pm »
The schedule of Avatar this upcoming week, not including the massive re-run marathon on Nicktoons 8)

The only ones I haven't seen yet and care about are SR and EIP. Ninja Kazuko action? AW yeah!  ;D

Yeah that is the schedule that I saw. So someone else saw it and my tv wasn't wrong. Not like it matters I am going to watch them all week ^_^

oslapedo

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2008, 04:00:41 pm »
Me too, it's much more satisfying watching Avatar on the telly, than it is when it's all blurry and pixelated on the computer. And I could watch Zuko's spiel a million times and still laugh during each viewing ;)

Btw guys, if anyone has read the Avatar "Sozin's Comet" finale spoiler book thingy, could we please not speak of the spoilers within it? I've been really wary of my Avatar scrounging on the internets because I don't want my epic finale viewing to be epicly ruined by some childlishly written bull crap.  :D

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2008, 04:13:07 pm »
I am usually really careful not to tell others spoilers. Sometimes though some spoilers are so epic that you have to tell someone, then you have to find someone who wants to hear it x.x

oslapedo

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2008, 04:18:19 pm »
I have to be careful too. I usually jst pester real-life friends about spoilers though, so I'm not banned from the internetz  :D

Is anyone cosplaying for Avatar? I seriously would give an Avatar cosplayer the most epic high five EVER. Btw, Nikkiolie your Appa doggy is so accurately adorable. I want a Momo lemur  :)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2008, 04:32:59 pm »
Thank you. I want to go as Azula some time. I love her so much. Her bad ass attitude it amazing. It wont be till next year or for Sakuracon though.

oslapedo

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2008, 04:35:40 pm »
I'm not sure who I'd befit as an Avatar cosplay... Maybe next year I'll do Jin since I love her so much  ;D

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2008, 02:26:10 pm »

I can't wait for Friday.  I saw the preview clip of the Ember Island Players and loved it.  I can't wait to see what they did with the rest of the episode.

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2008, 07:04:08 am »

I can't wait for Friday.  I saw the preview clip of the Ember Island Players and loved it.  I can't wait to see what they did with the rest of the episode.
I just finished watching western air temple, firebending masters, and boiling rock 1 + 2 yesterday and wow! I cant wait to see the rest!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2008, 01:13:31 pm »
I really liked boiling rock 1 and 2, but I really want to know what happens next >_< Thursday is too far away damn it!

oslapedo

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2008, 05:02:45 pm »
Western Air Temple on tonight ladies and gents! My TV is broken right now so... I'll have to hold out for tommorrow. Ah well, WAT has already been viewed  8)

We already have a vague idea of what will happen in Southern Raiders thanks to the NYCC trailer. Kazuko ninja time? Oh yes, it will be epic  ;D

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2008, 11:07:16 pm »
Thursday? Too far! I can't wait that long!

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2008, 08:41:48 am »
2 more days!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2008, 09:18:15 am »
I can make it. I can make it. If I keep telling myself that maybe I can do it. I am going to have to watch boiling rock 1 and 2 again because they were so epic. 2 more days! Only 2 more days!

oslapedo

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2008, 04:50:15 pm »
Okay, I caved and watched WAT last night out in our disgustingly icky living room ;D And oh my friggin gosh, even though I've already watched it a billion times it was still quite amazing. I reccomend everyone watch FBM tonight; it shall be epic.

I'm really pumped up for Saturday, I'm having an Avatar finale party sleepover with all my avatarded friends. I'm SO pumped up!

Btw, anyone else see the Avatar commercials on Nick? If you haven't, then watch Avatar tonight! They're really amazing and contain scenes from the finale. And they even say the word "die" instead of "end"! Man I love Avatar  8)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2008, 05:04:37 pm »
If my friends were close by I would have a party but they are all over the place. I just enjoy the show by myself with some popcorn and possible ice cream ^_^

oslapedo

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2008, 07:44:05 pm »
I love ice cream! I was going to make a bunch of elaborate food items reminiscent of stuff from AtLA but... I think I'll just order a bunch of pizzas  :D

I watched FBM, and it was so epic! I love the *slightish spoiler* beautiful flames. It's also quite enjoyable to see Zuko and Aang's "friendship" blossom ;D Actual new episodes are only two days away! Southern Raiders... here we come!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 03:57:41 pm by oslapedo »

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2008, 08:10:48 pm »
watching avatar right now

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2008, 09:02:37 pm »
I saw the end of it. ^_^ Even though I have see that ep once it was still good. I can watch any episode of Avatar and still love it.

Offline chibiroth

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2008, 09:26:34 pm »
i am so glad to see that there are others that love avatar besides me! this series is epic1
Kumoricon 2008 cosplay:

Princess Tutu
Riku- KH
Hunny-Ouran Host Club
Cooking Mama
Alita- Apollo Justice

And a Secret Cosplay hehe :D

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2008, 09:27:48 pm »
It is very epic. I can't wait till I get my external hard drive so I can download all of them ^_^

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2008, 11:09:04 pm »
Thought some of you would like this comic by rufftoon.

http://rufftoon.deviantart.com/art/Quest-For-Fire-91833274