Author Topic: Holla~ I'm moving to Portland  (Read 10415 times)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Holla~ I'm moving to Portland
« on: July 06, 2008, 12:01:01 am »
In three days in three minutes. I'm pretty excited. I've been to Portland a few times and know some of the stuff around the area (Uwajimiya, Ground Kontrol, Powells, the zoo...that's about it actually). So any heads up on some nice places to check out, eat, events to attend (besides Kumoricon of course), or other places to chill out? I'm really excited to move and see new places and meet lots of new awesome people~
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
Re: Holla~ I'm moving to Portland
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 12:10:26 am »
Nice, which sector you going to live at? cause unless you have a car thats probably gonna determine the places you hang out at =)
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 12:39:06 am »
I'm going to be living in downtown in a place called Goose Hollow. I've never seen it myself but I hear it's nice, 40 blocks away from my school and right near the max.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 12:39:36 am by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 01:13:50 am »
Goose hollow??? No way, I live there :D
Which building?
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 02:06:37 am »
AFGASFAGSADAS

I used to meet my dad every weekend at Goose Hollow.

We're gonna chill so hard, ice will envy us.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 02:44:57 am »
nice thats right by pge park right? pretty swank, close enough to downtown you could go anywhere pretty easily =D

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 08:00:55 am »
I'm going to be living in downtown in a place called Goose Hollow. I've never seen it myself but I hear it's nice, 40 blocks away from my school and right near the max.

Uwajimaya is actually in Beaverton, there isn't one downtown that I know of. But since you will be living right on the Max line, you could get out to Beaverton rather easily and get to the Uwajimaya from there.

As for downtown things to do, there's this really cool night mini golf location (who's name I have forgotten), but they have tons of funky pirate and black light decorum all around the course. Really fun place. It is somewhere near Pioneer Square downtown. Then there is always Saturday market, Farmer's market in the Park Blocks (of PSU), First Thursday, Hawthorne (the street) always has fun shops and events going on, the Art Museum always has something new to enjoy (in my opinion). Yeah, there is a lot one can do downtown. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 10:58:26 am »
Goose hollow??? No way, I live there :D
Which building?
I'm not completely sure yet which building. I go there in the morning on Wednesday and find out where exactly in there I'm going to be.

AFGASFAGSADAS

I used to meet my dad every weekend at Goose Hollow.

We're gonna chill so hard, ice will envy us.

Of course. Some DDR or ITG shall be in the schedule sometime this month for us.

Uwajimaya is actually in Beaverton, there isn't one downtown that I know of. But since you will be living right on the Max line, you could get out to Beaverton rather easily and get to the Uwajimaya from there.

As for downtown things to do, there's this really cool night mini golf location (who's name I have forgotten), but they have tons of funky pirate and black light decorum all around the course. Really fun place. It is somewhere near Pioneer Square downtown. Then there is always Saturday market, Farmer's market in the Park Blocks (of PSU), First Thursday, Hawthorne (the street) always has fun shops and events going on, the Art Museum always has something new to enjoy (in my opinion). Yeah, there is a lot one can do downtown. ^_^

That mini golf place and the art museum sound awesome! I'm sure since I'm going to the Art Institute they will suggest we go there or something. But Pirate Mini Golf sounds like the most awesome type of mini golf.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 11:50:05 am »
Awesome! Portland is pretty fun, and with the Max you can go practically anywhere!  :)

Offline Flatline

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 12:15:44 pm »
Hawthorne and Belmont are both great places to hang out. Hawthorne's got a great Japanese place called Toney Bento. I myself live just outside Portland, and I'm totally up for a hangout!
For the Emperor!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 12:23:38 pm »
Hawthorne and Belmont are both great places to hang out. Hawthorne's got a great Japanese place called Toney Bento. I myself live just outside Portland, and I'm totally up for a hangout!

I don't think I've ever been to either of those place or have any idea where they are. And I'm up for a hangout too, I think we've discussed this via myspace before if you are indeed the same Flatline that is on my friends list.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 07:12:29 am »
Lawl, yeah he is probably the same one :P

They are both streets, with tons of shops and stuff where people go to hang out. There's always a lot of shows (concerts) to go to around Portland if you're into it.

Also, you know I am down for hanging out, though I am totally boring :P Maybe we could convince Josh to come and hang in Portland sometime.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 08:30:09 am »
Lawl, yeah he is probably the same one :P

They are both streets, with tons of shops and stuff where people go to hang out. There's always a lot of shows (concerts) to go to around Portland if you're into it.

Also, you know I am down for hanging out, though I am totally boring :P Maybe we could convince Josh to come and hang in Portland sometime.

Yay more people to chill with~ I'm gonna have to get you on a DDR machine or some such :3 And I'm forcing Josh to come and visit sometime before both of our Fall terms start for college.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 10:40:19 am »
You guys better not forget to take her by Voodoo Donuts!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 10:45:38 am »
cool its a nifty city, I hope you like it.
I hear they are event thinking of building an uwajimaya, tho thats a few years off
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 10:46:43 am »

Oi! I totally forgot! *knocks head*

Yes, you must go to Voodoo Donut! And Biwa!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 12:32:00 pm »

Oi! I totally forgot! *knocks head*

Yes, you must go to Voodoo Donut! And Biwa!

Biwa?

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 12:33:13 pm »
Lol Uwajimaya is my turf lol.... I am moving to Beaverton next month. Goodbye small town hello bigger metro area city... oh wait hello super expensive transit *whine* at least the crazy bums haven't been on the max so much... they can't afford it like they can down where i live now.... :\ lol maybe I will see ya on the max sometime or we can hang out

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 12:50:08 pm »
Biwa?

is a Japanese style ramen shop, they have ramen and yakimono such grill chicken and beef skewers, ramen runs about 9-12 dollars a bowl depending on what you add in such as extra meat or egg (the egg is not worth it dispite what the menu says)
usaly when we have gone there kendo boyfriend will get ramen and i will get some yakimono and steall some spoonfuls of his soup because it really is delish rich and tasty,
I got these chicken wings this one time when i went there with mr mushtash and kendo boyfriend
the plater they came on was huge in it was a tiny pile of chicken wings they were the tinyest tastyest wing i have ever had

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 07:48:31 pm »
Lol Uwajimaya is my turf lol.... I am moving to Beaverton next month. Goodbye small town hello bigger metro area city... oh wait hello super expensive transit *whine* at least the crazy bums haven't been on the max so much... they can't afford it like they can down where i live now.... :\ lol maybe I will see ya on the max sometime or we can hang out
Actually the max is free downtown so they can afford it so long as they stay out of the burbs.

Boogie, make sure to check out hot pot city, that is one of my favorite places near PSU.  Also, there is all you can eat gaming in psu smith center basement for hourly fee.

Ground Kontrol is not far from goose hollow.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2008, 08:23:22 am »
Actually the max is free downtown so they can afford it so long as they stay out of the burbs.

Boogie, make sure to check out hot pot city, that is one of my favorite places near PSU.  Also, there is all you can eat gaming in psu smith center basement for hourly fee.

Never heard of Hot Pot City. What is that? Sounds interesting, like a coffee place.....probably is something else though, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 10:30:18 am »
Biwa?

is a Japanese style ramen shop, they have ramen and yakimono such grill chicken and beef skewers, ramen runs about 9-12 dollars a bowl depending on what you add in such as extra meat or egg (the egg is not worth it dispite what the menu says)
usaly when we have gone there kendo boyfriend will get ramen and i will get some yakimono and steall some spoonfuls of his soup because it really is delish rich and tasty,
I got these chicken wings this one time when i went there with mr mushtash and kendo boyfriend
the plater they came on was huge in it was a tiny pile of chicken wings they were the tinyest tastyest wing i have ever had
I must go to this said "Biwa".
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Kurosaki.Isshin

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2008, 01:20:59 pm »
Where in Portland?
Cosplays for K-con

Saturday - Kurosaki Isshin - Bleach
Sunday - Dr. Franken Stein - Soul Eater
Monday - Dr. Franken Stein - Soul Eater *Knight in Team Red*

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2008, 08:21:23 pm »
Ooohh, I went to Biwa for the first time recently.  It was yummy (and I could actually eat there.)

You should come to our Kcon Summer Swing dance to meet people ;)
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline Shingami_lover

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2008, 09:26:41 pm »
Hey if you ever go down to the Tigard area we just opened up a H-Mart which is super cool foods.

~Shingami_Lover
~2016~
Sasuke Uchiha, Kanda Yuu
Touka, Michiru,
and Haha

~Panels~
Anime Court 16, 14, 13 - Chess Master 2014

DicePanda Cosplay, Cosplayers of Oregon, Brothers United Productions

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 08:54:46 am »
Hey if you ever go down to the Tigard area we just opened up a H-Mart which is super cool foods.

~Shingami_Lover

yeah like a taiyaki mold!!! and really soft bread, i coulda used it for a pillow

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2008, 09:33:00 am »

Never heard of Hot Pot City. What is that? Sounds interesting, like a coffee place.....probably is something else though, heh.

Hot pot city is near lovejoy fountain, I mentioned it to you when we were looking for sushi at k-con lite.  It is a hot pot, basicly you get all your foods, noodles meats, veggies, throw the in pot, add seasonings and yum.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 09:35:05 am by melchizedek »

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2008, 11:21:19 am »

Lol yeah but the places I frequent when I am up there are mostly in zone 3 so the bums can't afford it so much. I am usually either in beaverton or in se portland out say 172... so yeah... less bums... more just crazy people that dont have the excuse of being a bum

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2008, 12:36:34 pm »
Biwa rocks!  I eat there pretty often, since it's a 20 minute walk from my house. 

Offline darkerspalace

• Cabbit
    • Youtube Account!
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2008, 02:00:29 pm »
Hey I work about 10 minutes from goose hollow! (and I workout at the MAC which is near there...)
Portland's pretty chill, and i hope you have fun here!
Some places to try are... hm...
there are some event you can check out downtown in pioneer square, I know that in a week (or something like that), or maybe it's every weekend? I dunno. They play some pretty awesome movies (like the goonies) and it's really fun because everyone you don't know is there and you can talk and yell so it's major fun.
There's a sushi land in the pearl district, which is pretty cool and cosplayers are occaisionally present (seen more than 3 different groups of k-coners on some of my visits there).
Erm... oh! Check out the waterfront! There's a cosplay picnic happening there on july 26th i think? it's gonna be great.
oh oh! It's about a 20 minute drive from portland but fabric depot is pretty awesome. It's like... an over whelming supply of happiness.
Oh and make sure to check out the Saturday Market.
For Kumoricon '08 cosplay!!!

~Lacus Clyne (Gundam Seed)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2008, 10:11:52 am »

Hot pot city is near lovejoy fountain, I mentioned it to you when we were looking for sushi at k-con lite.  It is a hot pot, basicly you get all your foods, noodles meats, veggies, throw the in pot, add seasonings and yum.

Ah, that looks and sounds really good! I will have to make it a point to go there sometime.

And to boogiepop: So, are you all successfully moved out/in? Hope everything went well and you've been able to visit some nice places.  :)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 12:40:35 pm »
Yeah sorry for lack of reply! I lack internet at my place at the moment. Bumming it off of my boyfriends house right now.

Moving went good and I'm enjoying Portland a lot :D I'd like to meet some of you k-con forumers before con though that I've talked to! ::{can't go to the general meeting this month since I'm in Salem for the weekend >:}:: Anyone up for a get together somewhere at the end of this month or the next month?

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2008, 12:44:05 pm »
oh noes you live closer to me. you can kick me in the rear and tell me to do Jam now argg *runs and hides*
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2008, 01:39:21 pm »
cos-picnic on the 26nd?

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2008, 02:35:49 pm »
Yeah sorry for lack of reply! I lack internet at my place at the moment. Bumming it off of my boyfriends house right now.

Moving went good and I'm enjoying Portland a lot :D I'd like to meet some of you k-con forumers before con though that I've talked to! ::{can't go to the general meeting this month since I'm in Salem for the weekend >:}:: Anyone up for a get together somewhere at the end of this month or the next month?

Great to hear you're moved in and enjoying the surroundings. I'd definitely be down with a meet-up or hang-out before the con. I need to have at least one more get together with select forumsters before the con. ^_^ As long as it is in the Portland area, I'm down. We could go to Fubon, which I really need to go check out now that I know about it, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2008, 11:55:57 am »
oh noes you live closer to me. you can kick me in the rear and tell me to do Jam now argg *runs and hides*
Yes! Me, you and Aiko need to get together sometime before con so we can help you. Or if you have it down just for some good 'ol chill time.

cos-picnic on the 26nd?

I really wanted to go but 1. my Mommy is coming to visit me that weekend and I miss her so even though it's only been like 2 weeks since I moved out. and 2. Someone that's going to that and I are on bad terms and if I ended up going it probably wouldn't be too happy.

Great to hear you're moved in and enjoying the surroundings. I'd definitely be down with a meet-up or hang-out before the con. I need to have at least one more get together with select forumsters before the con. ^_^ As long as it is in the Portland area, I'm down. We could go to Fubon, which I really need to go check out now that I know about it, heh.

Is Fubon another crazy Japanese restaurant? I'd totally be down for that or anything else. We should try something for August 2nd or the 9th :D It would be suprar fun~
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 11:57:59 am by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2008, 01:36:24 pm »
Nah, Fubon is some uber-huge asian shopping district in East Portland, I think. I've never been there but I just recently found out what it is and it sounds really cool.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2008, 03:35:05 pm »
It's on se 82nd so not really down town, but it's coolies they sell the pocky

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2008, 06:02:10 pm »
And any place that sells Pocky can't be that bad, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Moshi Moshi

• Cabbit
    • MOSHiMOSHi
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2008, 01:28:43 pm »
In three days in three minutes. I'm pretty excited. I've been to Portland a few times and know some of the stuff around the area (Uwajimiya, Ground Kontrol, Powells, the zoo...that's about it actually). So any heads up on some nice places to check out, eat, events to attend (besides Kumoricon of course), or other places to chill out? I'm really excited to move and see new places and meet lots of new awesome people~

I was going to say you should stop by moshi moshi (we are right near Powell's) and say hi, but my co-worker looked at this and said you already come in all the time?

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2008, 05:57:08 pm »
yay portland rocks xD im glad your moving here, or have moved here.

here are a few musts:

1. go take the buss to hawthorne street, check out naked city, redlight, metro, or anyother store you find respectibley awsome. hawthorne is the place for cheap but sweet clothes and acesorys.

2. go to powells. it is an incredibly large book store and i believe well known for it, go check out the manga section, or erm both of the manga sections.

3. Right near powells there is a place called Rockos Pizza (i think tahts it, starts with an R) they have great pizza, and its HUGE with incredibley cheep prices. i bought a meal for 4 girls there for under 10 dollers. drinks inclueded. if you cant figure out what part of powells its near its across the street from the downtown red light.

4. Go to the Rose festivel, it is actualy very very fun.

well hope that helps you with your to do list
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2008, 07:15:12 pm »

I was going to say you should stop by moshi moshi (we are right near Powell's) and say hi, but my co-worker looked at this and said you already come in all the time?

Yeah I'm the girl with the blond spikey hair that comes in to say hi to Lucas like twice a week.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline nanimo

• Oni
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2008, 09:30:30 pm »

Oh man that looks so good... Like shabu shabu! <33

I'm moving to the Portland area (well not really, Forest Grove) soon as well! I'll have to remember all these suggestions...

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2008, 08:06:04 am »

Oh man that looks so good... Like shabu shabu! <33

I'm moving to the Portland area (well not really, Forest Grove) soon as well! I'll have to remember all these suggestions...

I had to look Shabu Shabu up on Wikipedia, but now that I know what that is, it sounds tasty too. ^_^ Sounds like a very pleasant way of preparing and serving food. Nice for groups, I'd imagine.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline kurosakiichigo666

• Chibi
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2008, 07:58:27 pm »
Hey I'm moving to Portland too! That's crazy! You remind me of my friend Nikki.....hehe. Oh BTW Nikki, there's a really cool store right next to Uwajimaya in Beaverton. I highly reccommend you check it out....I really wish there was a devil smiley :(
Co-Founder and VP of Parasol Corp. Cosplay. And you just lost the game...

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2008, 03:04:52 pm »
Psh, by your mention of a devil smiley I'm sure I know what you are referencing, lol. Ahh, you kids...lol  :)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline kurosakiichigo666

• Chibi
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2008, 04:21:37 pm »
LOL yeah me and my GF went in there to check it out.....our faces were beet red the whole time......
Co-Founder and VP of Parasol Corp. Cosplay. And you just lost the game...

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2008, 09:49:04 pm »
I've never been because of just that, I'd be way too embarrassed the whole time...and I wouldn't know what to look for, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2008, 11:18:06 pm »
Hey I'm moving to Portland too! That's crazy! You remind me of my friend Nikki.....hehe. Oh BTW Nikki, there's a really cool store right next to Uwajimaya in Beaverton. I highly reccommend you check it out....I really wish there was a devil smiley :(

I tried to go to Uwajimiya yesterday but me and Kyle got lost and just went to the Halloween depot instead D: I need a better navigator if I wanna go there.

And reading further posts I don't know if I wanna...unless it's lulzy...

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline XFD

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2008, 09:13:47 am »
You were on Canyon then, you needed to go across the street to the other side of Fred Meyer and go left. Pass under Hwy 217 and go to the right-side of Beaverton Hillsdale Highway. It's about 2 blocks from there.