Author Topic: Need space on your floor  (Read 3278 times)

Offline omniwarrior

• Sailor Scout
    • http://omniwarrior.tripod.com/
Need space on your floor
« on: July 03, 2008, 02:52:54 pm »
I have an air matress and I am looking for a place to put it. It will be for me and my wife. We spend most of our days at the exhibitors hall on our booth. We can swing 100 for the both of us for the weekend. We will bring pop and goodies.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me...so tie me up and throw me down and show me that you like me...

Offline rosebride17

• Cabbit
Re: Need space on your floor
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 07:46:03 pm »
Sounds pretty good.   Let me think about it ^^

Offline omniwarrior

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 12:28:40 pm »
Yeah, it would be nice to get anyone to help. It may also be possible to get something from our cosplay store. We make wooden costume weaponry.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me...so tie me up and throw me down and show me that you like me...

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 12:36:23 pm »
I'll have to ask my mom about it >.> She might be willing? Any chance we can have a meet up before Con, to see how the chemistry works and stuff. My family can be pretty wieeerrdddd But we live in northern portland, only about a twenty minuted drive from con...(Without Traffic) ^_^
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

Offline Kuri

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 04:18:48 pm »
I have space! It's not much, I live in a studio, but it's more space than a hotel room.

I had originally intended for the space to go to a girl, but a couple might be okay. My place is less than 15 minutes to the con hotel by public transit, probably less by car, but you can never be sure with the bridges.

I you must pay money, I would accept it. However, call me medieval, I prefer barter. What can I say, I like stuff. I've got a thread open with a list of the stuff I'd like for my space, but I'm very flexible.

If you're interested, PM me. Then I'll send you my rules and we'll see about working something out.
I cannot stand as a an ordinary sinner, but neither can I stand a whited saint. ~Thomas Hardy

Offline omniwarrior

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 12:31:55 am »
I live near Olympia and I am not planning any trips to Portland before the convention. I would like to think that we are the quiet couple that keeps out of trouble. Like I said, I am running a booth in the exhibitors area and after the exhibitors alley closes, we do a small clean up and restock for the next day and then go relax for the night in the room. Running a booth is too exhausting.

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 11:46:19 am »
Alright, I am not sure my family would be a good answer. If I do indeed have a hotel room, I will try and talk my roomates into allowing you the use of the floorspace. IF not your best bet is probably Kuri. Apologies from me to you ^^;;;  Sorry I couldn't help much
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

Offline Kuri

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 12:54:59 pm »
If you want quite, I propably am your best bet. Not only am I a rather boring breed of nerd, my neighbors and I have a rather tightly drawn pact about noise levels.

However, I do have my pets, so if alergies, if you have them, could be an issue. They are used to attention and tend to think all laps belong to them. They're both laid back, don't make a lot of noise, or have a lot of nervous energy, though.

The noisiest thing you'd have to worry about is a cd/dvd player. My sister and I will probably want to play whatever we buy in the dealers' room right away. We also have a habit of coming in at odd hours, we do so quietly because of the neighbors, but if you guys are light sleepers it could still be annoying.
I cannot stand as a an ordinary sinner, but neither can I stand a whited saint. ~Thomas Hardy

Offline omniwarrior

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 08:08:12 pm »
I am wanting to stick with the hotel. So if anyone else has space thats fine. Normally I go to Sakuracon and I pay for the room and get roomies. I haven't been to K-con since 2004 because things always seem to happen that weekend. I already had the badge paid for every year, but something kills the trip. Since this is now a business trip, it takes priority.