Author Topic: Hellgate?  (Read 5402 times)

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
Hellgate?
« on: June 29, 2008, 12:31:50 am »
The coming of diablo 3 really makes me want to play something like it, anyone play hellgate perchance?
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Re: Hellgate?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 01:39:10 am »
Is it official now?  If it weren't 1:40 and really hot, I would be really excited.

Haven't played Hellgate; will check it out.

EDIT: Checked it out; what sort of system requirements does it have?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 01:49:46 am by DancingTofu »
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 11:38:58 pm »
eh its cinda medium, i would think duo or quad processer probably would run it well. I'm off and on... when I'm bored I go running after that i'm just randomly playing something thats online but never do anything with anyone heh

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 12:33:03 am »
My computer's nothing fantastic; 512MB RAM, GeForce 4400something vid card, less than 1 GHz processor.  I can run stuff like Diablo 2, Morrowind, and NWN, but I'm not sure if this is one of those games designed to operate on a wide array of systems or if it'll only work on a fairly new gaming computer.  They don't give any requirements on the site.

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 01:29:43 am »
My computer's nothing fantastic; 512MB RAM, GeForce 4400something vid card, less than 1 GHz processor.  I can run stuff like Diablo 2, Morrowind, and NWN, but I'm not sure if this is one of those games designed to operate on a wide array of systems or if it'll only work on a fairly new gaming computer.  They don't give any requirements on the site.
ooo yeah dang thats pretty bad, if you happen to get like 300-350 bucks from your ddr pad making you can get a really pimped out computer things really cheap now. you your comp is like half as good as mine and it runs pretty choppy with low settings =/

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 10:56:12 am »
Yeah, decent gaming computers are less than most of the newer consoles these days; I find that FANTASTIC. :D  I'm actually going to buy 2 computers with up-to-date (but not super good) graphics cards, at least 1gb of RAM each, and some of AMD's Dual-Cores for StepMania at Kumoricon and other conventions.  I want fairly decent capabilities so I can be running them at the highest resolution and framerate without choppiness or lag when you get the arrows going faster than 700 bpm scroll speed.

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 06:41:35 am »
First off, AMD chips are vastly inferior to intel, even more so now that intel has 45nm process ramped up.

Second, I was in the beta for hellgate london, and the game plays like a FPS.  I actually really enjoyed it, it was like playing counter strike only being able to level up, summon demons, build weapons / robots / armor and shoot up demons. 

When the beta was over it was really tempting to pay $100 for a lifetime membership.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 10:18:08 am »
AMD chips are only inferior on the drawing boards.  They're far more consistent and reliable than intel chips.  My computer never crashed in the 2 years I had it until the day I got 3 major viruses and the battery fried, and that was all probably my fault.  I need that kind of reliability more than I need the excessive power of Intel's chips.  Note, however, that I say this not having bought a computer or computer components in five years, so AMD might have really lost a lot of their momentum during that time, but I haven't heard of any such development until now.

Lifetime membership = the good time.  I HATE recurring payments; it gives me the sense of owing an infinite amount of money.  I hate mortgages and car loans as well.

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 02:50:38 am »
they only had the lifetime for the first like 10k people =/

and i'm amd all the way i don't like intel much and when it all boils down to it, the difference is what your going to pay for the actual cpu

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 07:47:28 am »
Just butting in with my 2 cents.
AMD was great in the age of athlon64s, but now its the dual core processors. AMD has been mostly silent since they purchased ATI, I wonder if they have something in the planning stages... they are too quiet. However Intel wins this round.
also, age of conan is superior to hellgate!

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 08:16:59 pm »
meh hellgate is half the price of aoc =P ... i dunno if i had a better comp i might do aoc but i'd need to up everything -.-

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 12:03:40 pm »
Daxe is absolutely right, look up the benchmarks.... you've find that the last processor that AMD came out with that was better than Intel's was the Athlon 64 vs the Pentium 4.  Core Duo the first batch beat athlon on power consumption but not performance, however Core 2 duo came out in what 2003?  And amd hasn't been able to touch them yet.

Verdict:  The only thing better about AMD chips is that they don't cost as much.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Baldafor

• Oni
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 09:42:28 pm »
I am a Hellgate founder myself!

I have to say, it was quite the game for the first dozen hours or so.  The graphics are stellar and my machine (only on a 4800+ processor, 3 gigs ram, Vista) runs it exceptionally.  Then again, I can run Crysis, so that kinda ruins the point of this game.

I don't like the grind much, but the patches that are upcoming (despite the game switching to a Korean developer) should make the game at least comparable to Diablo II.

Now, Mythos is much better overall, but don't expect to play that for a while.  They shut down the beta until they get the developer thing all figured out.  That game is MUCH more polished and more fun to play, but you can't beat 20$ for Hellgate to try out that new DirectX 10 video card!