Author Topic: Room for Let/ Introducing Me  (Read 3761 times)

Offline Kuri

• Cabbit
Room for Let/ Introducing Me
« on: June 25, 2008, 11:10:34 am »
CAUTION: Insanely Long Post Ahead *apologizes in advance*

Hi y'all!

I couldn't find an introduction thread, and I didn't want to post about my extra space without saying a little about myself first (the standard I'm-Not-A-Creepy-Internet-Stalker thing).

As a recent addition to the Pacific NW, this is my first time at Kumori Con, but I'm no stranger to the TN/KY Cons. This includes the con that will go down in history as the day the Risembool Rangers gloriously annihilated the Miniskirt Something or Others at dodge ball.  8)

My level of crazy, while definitely above average, isn't nearly as wild as some. It mostly includes sitting in the dark, hunched over a light table, and hissing at anyone who cracks open the curtains. Certain things have been known to drive my to squee and roll around on the ground in glee, but that's usually reserved for amazing Havoc or Yuki cosplay. *loffles the chain smoking blondes*

Anyhoodles. . .

I have available a spare air mattress and good amount of floor space in my apartment that I am willing to give to a fellow female nerd for the con weekend. My place is a three minute walk from the Old Town/China town MAX station, which is just a few minutes from the con hotel. As this is my home, security measures will be a little tighter than a shared hotel room (lots a communication and screen before the con as well as color photocopies of an unaltered form of picture ID). Also, you mustn’t have a problem with dogs, cats, or mice, as I own one of each. Why am I willing to place my personal space at the mercy of a nerdly stranger? Simply put in the words of the almighty GIR, “Stuff?! I need stuff!” For use of my full kitchen, full bath, and a large, air-mattressed patch of my ugly carpet for up to four full nights I ask only for one of the following.

* Any seven Copic Sketch markers, with exception of the following:

C-0:C-10
W-0:W-10
T-0:T-10
B00
B29
B37
B39
BG05
E00
E27
E31
E33
E49
E99
G99

R08
R59
R89
Y11
Y17
YG17
YR00
YR09

* Five of any of the following manga (used okay):

A Midnight Opera Vol. 1-3
Angel Sanctuary-Any Volumes
Dears Fanbook
Earthian Vol. 1,2,4
Fake-Any Volumes
Fullmetal Alchemist-Any Volumes
Gravitation-Any Volume
Gravitation Ex
Let Dai Vol. 10-14
Petshop of Horrors Vol. 5-8
Rurouni Kenshin-Any Volumes
Tramps Like Us Vol. 13
Any June Publications

*Any two of the following Movies/Anime (used okay, legal preferred)

Excel Saga-Any Disks
Fullmetal Panic! (Not to be confused with Fullmetal Panic?) Any Disks except 2
Gravitation-Any Disks
Kimi Wa Petto
Princess TuTu-Any Disks
Slayers- Any Disks from Seasons 2-3

*Two Dōjinshi for any of the above series (Or one FMA dōjinshi featuring Havoc)

*Approved memorabilia from any of the above series (new or used) with a combined new market value greater than $50 (Or less if it involves Havoc)

* If you have anything not on the list that you think I’d find deliciously interesting, go ahead and make an offer. I love bartering and pleasant surprises. EX: A couple years back the winning bid for my old place was a couple of amazing pieces of fan art

« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 11:28:38 am by Kuri »
I cannot stand as a an ordinary sinner, but neither can I stand a whited saint. ~Thomas Hardy

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
Re: Room for Let/ Introducing Me
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 12:13:01 pm »
Shame on all of you who viewed, but did not comment on this! *does the little finger-thing that means "shame, shame"*

Hmmm...

Hokay, so here's what I'm gonna do.   What you wrote.   How I'm responding.  Make sense?  I do this a lot with the long ones.  I tend to blather on and on too.

So.  Here we go!

Hi y'all!

I couldn't find an introduction thread, and I didn't want to post about my extra space without saying a little about myself first (the standard I'm-Not-A-Creepy-Internet-Stalker thing).

Ah, I know what you mean.  I'm worried about that all the time myself.  It's even worse cos I'm a guy, so just about every girl I meet on here is like "I don't think you'd be my type" or "I've got a boyfriend...just so you know."  Within the first five minutes.  Granted, the kinda girl I'd like to meet would be into anime an' video games n such, but...well you get the idea.

My level of crazy, while definitely above average, isn't nearly as wild as some. It mostly includes sitting in the dark, hunched over a light table, and hissing at anyone who cracks open the curtains. Certain things have been known to drive my to squee and roll around on the ground in glee, but that's usually reserved for amazing Havoc or Yuki cosplay. *loffles the chain smoking blondes*
:D  I'm liking you already!  I wish I could draw...  A girl over the age of 14 who admits to "squee"ing?  The Devil you-say!...  I have no idea who those peoples are.  Bit of an anime noob here.

I have available a spare air mattress and good amount of floor space in my apartment that I am willing to give to a fellow female nerd for the con weekend. My place is a three minute walk from the Old Town/China town MAX station, which is just a few minutes from the con hotel. As this is my home, security measures will be a little tighter than a shared hotel room (lots a communication and screen before the con as well as color photocopies of an unaltered form of picture ID). Also, you mustn’t have a problem with dogs, cats, or mice, as I own one of each. Why am I willing to place my personal space at the mercy of a nerdly stranger? Simply put in the words of the almighty GIR, “Stuff?! I need stuff!” For use of my full kitchen, full bath, and a large, air-mattressed patch of my ugly carpet for up to four full nights I ask only for one of the following.
Sounds like a heckuva set up actually.  Although air matresses make my back hurt in the morning...which, I suppose, is a moot point then isn't it, as you specified FEMALE.  If I didn't already have a room set up with someone, I'd probably consider dressing up like a girl for the three days. :D
A dog, A cat, and a mouse!?  That sounds like a comic strip waiting to be written!  I love dogs, am okay about cats, and find mice just fascinating.  How do you keep them from going nuts though?
Hope things work out for this.  Y'ever thought of maybe charging a nominal fee for the use of all these amenities?  I'm sure you could make enough for a pizza at least.  Mmmmmm pizza.

Oh, I see you have set up a payment plan...wow, specific aint'ya? 

Well that was fun.  Welcome to the Borg...I mean the forum...yes...yes.  But yeah welcome.  I only joined about 2-3 weeks ago, so I'm pretty new myself. 
Hope to talk to ya again soon!
Looking for artists!
Eastern, Western...any style!  Contact me if you're interested in working with me on a comic series.  Even if you're only a little interested, audition anyway.

Offline rosebride17

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 01:47:35 pm »
Hello ^^

I'd love to check into this.  My name is Manders.  I will be 18 by the time of the con. 

I don't have any copic, buuuuuuuuut...I do have Gravitation EX ^^

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 02:05:58 pm »
well well well, we's gots 2 new fish now.  And it ain't even christmas.

Sorry, I've been watching the first season of Prison Break lately.  :D

But anyway, halloo there.  Welcome to the boards.  Care to explain yourself, or would you rather remain all mysterious-like.  Cute pic by the way.
Looking for artists!
Eastern, Western...any style!  Contact me if you're interested in working with me on a comic series.  Even if you're only a little interested, audition anyway.

Offline rosebride17

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 02:24:00 pm »
Explain myself?  Well, I've gone to kumoricon in 06 and 07.  I'm really excited about this year though, cuz this will be the first year that I'll actually cosplay.  I'm going as a loli version of Sora. 

um, what else would you like me to say?  I'm kinda new ^^;;

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 02:38:23 pm »
Eh, that's good enough for me.

But now I'm curious, if you've gone so many times already, then why have you not been on the boards?
Looking for artists!

Offline rosebride17

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 02:44:23 pm »
the computer's been down for months ^^;;

plus I forget easily.  I kept meaning to, but things distract me.

oh!  I posted a topic on a pre-con party I'm organizing.  It's for LGBTQ youth

Offline Kuri

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 04:09:41 pm »
Shame on all of you who viewed, but did not comment on this! *does the little finger-thing that means "shame, shame"*

I concur. . . :P

:D  I'm liking you already!  I wish I could draw...  A girl over the age of 14 who admits to "squee"ing?  The Devil you-say!...  I have no idea who those peoples are.  Bit of an anime noob here.

Yay! Liked is good, I adore nothing more than adoration. Drawing isn't that hard if you have no life and wish to devote your entire non-life to learning. Although spending a great deal of my youth as Creepy Artist Girl had its downside, it worth it. . .most of the time. *glares at her pile of Dark Horse rejection letters* I shall continue to unabashedly squee over things I deem squee worthy. I understand that there will come a day when society will frown upon it. On that day I will hit society over the head with a large trout and continue to squee as I have always down.

*gasp* You know not my loves?!? Well, as a guy I can forgive you in Yuki's case, but not knowing the glory that is Second Lieutenant Jean Havoc! My Bess! How can you live?! *thrusts over her FMA collection* Learn, learn well!

A dog, A cat, and a mouse!?  That sounds like a comic strip waiting to be written!  I love dogs, am okay about cats, and find mice just fascinating.  How do you keep them from going nuts though?

It's easy. My animals are very, very lazy. My dog's a impecibly bred Japanese Chin, which means he's content to be a quite, laidback lap dog unless he feels I'm in danger. It's only happened once, and he was right, but boy was I surprised the ammount of energy he can come up with. The cat's pretty much decoration as well. She mostly just sleeps on whatever cushy thing I want her on the least. The only time she's ever active is when she's hungry or when the mouse is out in his ball. Then she's busy running away. She finds the mouseball the creepiest thing since the invention of the squirt bottle.

Oh, I see you have set up a payment plan...wow, specific aint'ya? 

Meh. . .I girl wants what a girl wants. My lack of social skills leave me with no issue expressing my desires.

Well that was fun.  Welcome to the Borg...I mean the forum...yes...yes.  But yeah welcome.  I only joined about 2-3 weeks ago, so I'm pretty new myself. 
Hope to talk to ya again soon!

Sure thing! I won't be on as often as I like. Stupid computer crashed. . .need new one. But, yeah, yay!
I cannot stand as a an ordinary sinner, but neither can I stand a whited saint. ~Thomas Hardy