Author Topic: vendor booth ???  (Read 5245 times)

Offline Moshi Moshi

• Cabbit
    • MOSHiMOSHi
vendor booth ???
« on: June 25, 2008, 10:52:33 am »
Hi,
I have a store full of cute Japanese stuff in downtown Portland and was hoping to finally participate in Kumoricon.
I have received no reply to my emails about a booth and have checked my spam filter etc.
So I am hoping that some staff member here can get in touch or somebody could provide me with a some telephone contact information.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: vendor booth ???
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 11:14:35 am »
From what I have gathered from similar posts on the forums, it looks like the vending hall is all booked up. I'm not positive, but that is what I think I have heard/read. But, I am still going to check out your store, because I've never heard of it and I am in Portland all the time. So I must stop by! ^_^ Best of luck getting a spot, though, maybe someone will drop out or there will be more room.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Moshi Moshi

• Cabbit
    • MOSHiMOSHi
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 11:33:22 am »
That sucks, since we contacted Kumoricon quite a while ago and received no response either way.
Hopefully they will show a little love to an awesome local outfit and get us in there somehow.

Offline StrawberryJeli

• Cabbit
    • http://strawberryjeli.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 12:39:18 pm »
There seems to be a problem with the Exhibitors Hall Manager not not answering ANY emails. You might try contacting the Relations Director or Chair to let them know you're having trouble as well. I have myself and I was told they were looking into it.

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 03:18:40 pm »
yeah, I was told that there should be a public announcement about the status quo posted here soon. Meanwhile, there are people looking into the situation and trying to follow up with emails. It just may take a little bit.

Offline Gourry Gabriev kun

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 09:26:01 pm »
"Your store sounds awesome.. Maybe cosplayers can go see it while at the con, since it's in Portland anyway? I might want to go see it myself." =3
Kumoricon 2009: Gourry Gabriev (all 3 days)

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline x24

• Oni
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 03:53:16 pm »
I have also been trying to get a hold of the exhibitors hall since March, and it has been fruitless. I have also tried the chair and the director of operations and I have gotten no reply. I would really like a booth in the Exhibitors Hall and I can settle with the Artist's Alley (all of my stuff is handmade), and if anyone can help me with any information whatsoever it would really help me a lot. I need to know if I'm going to spend $300 on fabric or not. I would really love to vend here this year.

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 11:26:04 pm »
As mentioned in another thread, there should be an update of what is going on by Tuesday of this coming week. There are several people working on getting answers and responding to people's questions. That is all I know at this point. I wish I could tell you more. However, if I learn of anything, I will be sure to post it.

Hopefully, then, you will know if there is still room for vendors and have a reliable contact for that information.

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
    • NekoPan Maid Cafe and Bakery
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 10:19:00 am »
I have also been trying to get a hold of the exhibitors hall since March, and it has been fruitless.

Us too!!  And Kumoricon is upon us, and we're running in circles trying to figure out what we should do!   :'( 

I can't wait for the update, and I hope there is still room!!!  We have people flying in from the east coast to help us man the NekoPan booth....

*nervous* 

-//Maid Ichigo

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 11:23:49 am »
Gees, if they don't have sense enough to make room for Nekopan this year, I think someone needs to be strung up by their shoelaces.
Been looking forward to seeing you guys back again.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 11:27:27 am »
We have high level staff working on this issue. If you have not received an email about the Exhibitor's Hall by Tuesday, July 8th, then please continue to email them. Several people are meeting/have met this weekend and we are trying hard to get the Exhibitor's Hall communication issue back on track.

Officially we do not even have the numbers on how many booths TOTAL there will be for the vendors or for Artist Alley. Thank you all for your patience and thank you for your interest in our convention.  :)
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
    • NekoPan Maid Cafe and Bakery
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 12:07:03 pm »
Thank you very much Tom for letting us all know.  :)

We appreciate it very much, and are eagerly anticipating the July 8th Update.  ^_^

@ Evaldas::  You make me feel warm and squishy inside with that comment.  :)  We hope that we'll be able to serve you all again this year!

Offline Kuranberi

• Oni
    • NekoPan Maid Café & Bakery
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 12:11:04 pm »
@ Evaldas::  You make me feel warm and squishy inside with that comment.  :)  We hope that we'll be able to serve you all again this year!

I second this!

<3 from Maid Kura

Offline Cpl. Slicks

• Cabbit
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 10:03:49 pm »
Hi, Y'all.

Lori's email was not recognizing emails sent to "exibitors@kumoricon" for about a month. This, combined with the backlog of both Artist Alley and Exhibitors work that has to be caught up on, as well as the natural two to five week lag, depending on when you mailed your paperwork, because of having to have someone deliver mail to her in Seattle, from Portland, has led to the current appearance of the lack of responsiveness on her part. I have been working with her on getting back on track, and this should be resolved within the next few weeks.

Offline x24

• Oni
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 11:59:02 am »
If anyone could let me know if they've heard anything at all it would be incredibly useful. I need to know if I am to make reservations or not and it is really hard to do anything with the deadline approaching as it is. Any sort of information would be VERY useful and decrease the stress in my life considerably. Thanks...

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 12:10:16 pm »
The biggest discussion is here, oddly enough.
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=6807.0
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline BowenDragon1

• Oni
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 09:34:22 am »
Hi, this is BowenDragon1. Last year we supplied the commerative swords for the convention. The sword link for ordering the swords for 2008 was not posted this year so if somone wants to order a sword for 2008 they will need to go to the 2007 site and order from there. Or they can go to our website, www.BowenDragon1.com and order from there. We have been trying to contact the staff for the last 2-3 months and need to know what is happening for the dealer booths. I don't remember if I paid for the booths last year, but I do know that I told the staff that I did want to attend agin in 2008. We have sent emails to each person on the staff from several different email addresses but so far have not received any replies. I was very pleased with the con last year and was looking forward to attending again this year, and I will have a better selection of weapons this year so I don't run out like I did last year  :-[

Offline x24

• Oni
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 12:22:56 pm »
From what I heard at the meeting they were 12 booths overbooked.