Author Topic: We have met the require needed for Yojimbo, but we are still accepeting more!  (Read 5046 times)

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
Like you can see we met the required number of Yojimbo members to join, but they are still accepting more aplications.  So far we have 15 Yojimbo active including myself. 15 is the require, but they are still open for everyone else that wants to Join.

Their are still a lot more people that have sign as Yojimbo's that are pending, and they really want everyone to be registered with your application, and your 10 dollars payed by the Next General meeting. From what I heard the rest of the meetings will be starting to be held at Portland Doubletree at Lloyd Center. Where Kumoricon 2008 will be held at. I am now 100% sure that the meetings are going to be on the hotel.

Remember that they wont accept you as a Yojimbo after August something.....or around there since they want everyone to be train properly. I encourage to try to make the next meeting. I think it will help Hawkeye & Kylite a lot, and also take pressure off their backs. They still have a lot of things to worry about, and it would be nice if they wouldn't be as pressure as they are now, because of being short on Yojimbo Staff.If your having trouble going to the meetings I think it would be a good idea to let Hawkeye or Kylite.

Also if you want to become a Yojimbo, but are not sure on what to do I would send the fallowing information to Hawkeye or Kylite. Most likely Kylite, but I think either is good.

Full Name
Forum Handle
Email Address
Phone Number
Address :arrow: (optional)
City
State
Yahoo ID :arrow: (NOT optional)
Age at time of Con

So please Join Us!
We need as much help as we can get. :D
Any questions please feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 12:41:08 pm by vampirek_yaoi »

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
Re: Looking for more Yojimbo/Security-Staff Members!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 08:44:32 am »
Thank you so much my dear for being willing to help us out like this.  I will say that the yahoo/AIM handle is NOT optional, it is required by us to get that info if you have it, since we do so much online communication.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 09:27:32 am »
Thank you so much my dear for being willing to help us out like this.  I will say that the yahoo/AIM handle is NOT optional, it is required by us to get that info if you have it, since we do so much online communication.
Yea ok I will make an account and Ill add it on my profile :D

Offline Super_Pimp_Kyuya

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 08:21:46 pm »
 :D YA people become a yojimbo... join us! ;D

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 10:26:19 am »
I asked for this a little while back and didn't get anywhere so I'll try again. Can I please get a printable version of the staff sign-up sheet for someone who is 17. He wants to become Yojimbo but time conflicts with us making it out to meetings before they're over normally.

Thanks,

Robert
Yojimbo extraordinary (m00K)
 ;D
2014 - 2018 - Quartermaster Staff Manager
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2009 - Director of Operations
2008 - Yojimbo Floor Manager
2007 - Yojimbo

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 10:34:55 am »
I asked for this a little while back and didn't get anywhere so I'll try again. Can I please get a printable version of the staff sign-up sheet for someone who is 17. He wants to become Yojimbo but time conflicts with us making it out to meetings before they're over normally.

Thanks,

Robert
 ;D
Well you will still need to make a meeting, or talk to one of the Yojimbo Managers, because they need people trained, and they usually do this on the meetings. Also on the meetings is where you fill you Yojimbo application hand it in to get it checked, and pay your money. Next meeting will be on July 19 on the Portland Doubletree at Lloyd Center. Maybe you can make that one? Otherwise I'm not sure they will accept you any later since they want everyone sign in by July.

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 09:29:14 pm »

Thanks,

Robert
 ;D
Well you will still need to make a meeting, or talk to one of the Yojimbo Managers, because they need people trained, and they usually do this on the meetings. Also on the meetings is where you fill you Yojimbo application hand it in to get it checked, and pay your money. Next meeting will be on July 19 on the Portland Doubletree at Lloyd Center. Maybe you can make that one? Otherwise I'm not sure they will accept you any later since they want everyone sign in by July.

I understand that....seeing as he is a youth trying to sign up though I'm willing to bet there is a form his parents also have to sign for him. If there is it would make getting him sign up a lot easier if he had that sheet pre-signed by his parents before hand.
We can jump through hoops and do trick....but only so easily.  :P
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2007 - Yojimbo

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 10:19:51 pm »
actually no, since hes 17, he needs to attend a meeting and fill out the normal form.   13 and under = parents tethered to u at all times, 14-17 = u can be at con with a guardian on-site, 18+ u can go regardless. The normal parental consent form can either be filled out at the registration line or at the meeting. Alternatively you can go to the following 2 links:

http://www.kumoricon.org/?page_id=13 (this link is the registration and list of ALL forms downloadable)

http://www.kumoricon.org/files/forms/2008/parent_permission_form_2008.pdf (Parental Consent form)

also we will take no further registrations for yojimbo after the final meeting in august.
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 11:21:17 pm »
Minors ages 13 to 17 are required to have a signed parent permission form in order to attend the convention. Download this form below. This can be mailed to us in advance, or brought to the con during check-in. Minors between ages 13 and 17 no longer require a convention guardian to attend, though we do encourage parents/guardians to come enjoy the con with their family.

As head of security, you should probably remember that 13-17yo's don't require a guardian on-site any more. :P

Dealrith, staff registration is the same for everyone and open to everyone 16 and up who can attend a meeting and display enough competence to fulfill the requirements of their position to get their form signed by their department director.  The only difference between a 16 or 17yo staff member is that they will still be held to curfew and need a parental consent form for attendence.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 09:32:56 am »
Minors ages 13 to 17 are required to have a signed parent permission form in order to attend the convention. Download this form below. This can be mailed to us in advance, or brought to the con during check-in. Minors between ages 13 and 17 no longer require a convention guardian to attend, though we do encourage parents/guardians to come enjoy the con with their family.

As head of security, you should probably remember that 13-17yo's don't require a guardian on-site any more. :P

Dealrith, staff registration is the same for everyone and open to everyone 16 and up who can attend a meeting and display enough competence to fulfill the requirements of their position to get their form signed by their department director.  The only difference between a 16 or 17yo staff member is that they will still be held to curfew and need a parental consent form for attendence.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I'll get his parents to sign the paper work for him and he'll be at the next meeting.
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2007 - Yojimbo

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2008, 10:21:13 am »
MINORS:

Age 13 and under: All children age 13 and under must be accompanied, at all times, by a parent or guardian who is also a registered guest of Kumoricon.

Age 14 and up: All minors 14 to 17 must have permission from their parents or legal guardians to attend the convention in written form. This form will be available on line. A parent / legal guardian must be present at the convention sight from midnight to 4:00 AM. All guardians must be 18 or over and have parental permission from the minor’s parent or legal guardian.

(this is a direct cut from the rules)

in regards to staffers in the 16-17 range, please see the curfew rules

CURFEW
  Portland has a city curfew in effect.  It is unlawful for any minor under the age of 18 years to be in or upon any street, park or other public place between the hours specified in this Section, unless such minor is accompanied by a parent, guardian or other person 21 years of age or over and authorized by the parent or by the law to have care and custody of the minor, or unless such minor is then engaged in a school activity or lawful employment that makes it necessary to be in or upon such street, park or other public place during the hours specified in this Section.  For minors under the age of 14 years who have not begun high school, the curfew is between 9:15 p.m. and 6 a.m. of the following morning, except that on any day immediately preceding a day for which no public school is scheduled in the city, the curfew is between 10:15 p.m. and 6 a.m. of the following morning. For children 14 years of age or older who have begun high school, the curfew is between 10:15 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. of the following morning, except that on any day immediately preceding a day for which no public school is scheduled in the City, the curfew is between 12 midnight and 6 a.m. of the following morning. All minor must have a legal guardian with them at times after midnight.

Kumoricon has a curfew on all convention function space at midnight. All unaccompanied minors (ages 17 and under) in Kumoricon function space after midnight will be asked to leave. Curfew time ends at 4:00 AM.

In laymen terms: once the clock hits midnight, u can mill about the halls but u cannot be inside an event if you are under the age of 18.

I hope this clears up any questions. thanks :)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 10:25:26 am by kylite »
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2008, 10:47:06 am »
It makes sense   :D