Author Topic: TUNAC anime club in Eugene  (Read 4621 times)

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
TUNAC anime club in Eugene
« on: September 28, 2004, 09:15:26 am »
All right time to get  started, This term might be kinda shaky but please bear with me. We have to have three planning meetings before we can start  TUNAC meetings, so I need everyone who can to come  to come to  the planning  meeting. Hopefully we can get some news about the room we're gonna be in, right now I would ask people to meet at  the EMU on campus  in the "fishbowl"(cafeteria thing with lots of windows)  a lil bit before 6pm, I am doubtful if there will be any anime showing, but we will need to talk about the
mission statement for the club and things like that. I will post when I know if we got a room for the planning meeting, the ladies are working on getting it going.  After the three planning meetings we turn in the paperwork it might be a while before the club is offical, so we might have to have meetings at peoples houses. Anyway hope to see a bunch of people there.
   YEAH PROGRESS!!!!! :D
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
planning meeting is Sept. 30th
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 04:13:23 pm »
Whoops my bad, I totaly forgot to say when the meeting was,  It's gonna be Sept 30th at 6pm to 7:30 pm. sorry.
And now I'm a catgirl?

My own voice faltered
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 12:19:47 pm »
hoping to see some folks :)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2004, 03:48:03 am »
I wasn't able to make it as my Uncle made a surprise visit, he'll be here until Monday.

I'll try to come to the meetings ASAP.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 07:43:18 pm »
cool, hon
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Teshinun

• Cabbit
    • http://cg.habitz.net
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 12:09:31 am »
Hi, I'm living in Eugene and going to school out at LCC.  I was interested in TUNAC.  Is it a public club that uses the EMU as a meeting place or a college sponsored club geared towards UO students?

As for KumoriCon, I've been watching anime for a couple of years but I've never made it out to an anime convention.  Is Kumoricon the only one in Oregon or is there another one that happens in (or at least within a few hours of) oregon?  I'd like to hit a convention but I know it's going to be a while before the 05 KumoriCon.
cg.habitz.net: Love your ASCII.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 01:14:11 am »
Quote from: "Teshinun"
Hi, I'm living in Eugene and going to school out at LCC.  I was interested in TUNAC.  Is it a public club that uses the EMU as a meeting place or a college sponsored club geared towards UO students?

Yes, TUNAC is a public club. :) It has been around for years with no official affiliation with the U of O, but almost all the meetings have been held on campus.

BigGuy and the others are trying another admirable attempt at actually getting the paperwork done, so we can be an official university club (gives us the right to reserve rooms and also a small school-sponsored fund), but even if that happens, TUNAC will always be open to the public. Even if they decide to keep membership, all you really need to do to become a member is show up semi-regularly.

As for KumoriCon, I've been watching anime for a couple of years but I've never made it out to an anime convention.  Is Kumoricon the only one in Oregon or is there another one that happens in (or at least within a few hours of) oregon?  I'd like to hit a convention but I know it's going to be a while before the 05 KumoriCon.

Yes, Kumori Con is still the only anime-based convention in Oregon. :) That's why we currently advertise it as "Oregon's Premiere Anime Convention"... it says 'we're leading the way for anime!' without saying 'we were here first so nyah nyah. :P '

However, nearly all the original founders of Kumori Con first attended Sakura Con, up in Seattle. Most of us still go, although Sakura Con's attendance has skyrocketed over the years and it is now a very big con. It is held in April. It's also a bit spendy, and you need to plan ahead in order to guarantee yourself a good hotel room. Plus it's a 5- to 6-hour drive each way, from Eugene.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2004, 07:20:41 am »
Thanks Radien for answering the question, however I don't think we can get any funding, but all we need is to be able to reserve(and not get thrown out of :evil: ) a room with a projecter, we're the least needy of any of the clubs!
 But yeah check out the TUNAC website for info. http://tunac.uoregon.edu/forum
And now I'm a catgirl?

My own voice faltered
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-