Author Topic: Shikabane Hime!  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Shikabane Hime!
« on: June 18, 2008, 07:17:37 am »
YES! It's a wild ride of a manga, and it's gonna become an ANIME!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-06-11/shonen-gangan-details-gainax-shikabane-hime-aka-anime

Not to mention running around with brace of MAC11/9mm machine pistols!
(OK they might be .380)

Consider it the Bleach UPGRADE. Wait till you see the 'improved' Ichigo-like character...
I will try to get a scan of him up somewhere...

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Re: Ichigo & Rukia Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 12:35:50 am »
I hope Gainax selects good voice talent for these characters! The Ichigo-dude's name is Keisei. The girl is Makina. She is the main character, also called the Shikabane Hime. You can also consider Makina as, get Rukia, right-click on 'Properties,' and switch hair and skirt lengths. Makina has long hair and a short skirt.

Keisei wears stuff with more hints of Shinto/Bhuddist touches, and he gets in some good fighting with that staff of his (see below.) Makina, just like every other student in Japan where gun controls are extreme, runs around town & school with her full-auto MAC11. She carries two, and I think she uses 39rd magazines. Also I think they are 9mm, though .380 is also a possibility. 9mm is so much cheaper at 1200rd/min, though.

Disclaimer: For those who have copyright concerns, we should be well within FAIR USE, because compared to the number of images in even a single volume, the selection of images is very SMALL. Fair use includes distribution of excerpts of copyrighted works when the intent and effect is merely to illustrate, identify, or discuss the subject. All rights are reserved by the original artist and publisher. (So there!)

Forum note: If moderators find any of these images inappropriate for the forum, I can delete them from the server where these links point. Afaik, everything is covered-up or blocked by foreground objects, and there are no swear words, right? Just a bit gory in places though, but the chara are already dead, or undead ghouly things they are fighting; the kind of horror-story opponents where if you cut a hand off it just MIGHT climb 3 flights of stairs after you - cuz it's ticked off at you now!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 01:17:16 am by Prinz Eugen »

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Shikabane Hime - Another Bleach Similarity
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 12:43:45 am »
Hey - it's Orihime:

And for you Fate/Stay-Night fans, we can substitute Illyasviel von Einzbern with this character:
(puff sleeves included)

I don't know this one's name offhand, but that dual-headed axe looks more fun than a naginata!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 01:26:47 am by Prinz Eugen »

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Makina fights!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 12:56:52 am »
Makina has entered an afterlife deal in which in exchange for getting to hang around as an undead school student, in order to move on into Paradise, she has to take out 108 nasty ghouls (or get killed trying.) As an undead, killing her off would take mongo hit points. But her opponents are quite tough to take down and finish off, too. Here she goes off on a typical target. Note how she blocks a sword-swipe with one of her compact machine pistols (lower right) and even sneaks a mag-change in. In the upper right you can see that her belt has dual holsters behind her back and also a pair of extra magazine pouches. Still though that's only about EIGHT SECONDS of full auto fire.

Similar to Rule 358 ("When your enemy begins to glow while mumbling things...")
here is Rule of Anime Number 353: When the pupils disappear, it's show time:

Add the smile and it's party time.
(Just ask Revy in Black Lagoon.)

and yes on the next page she does bust a cap through that guy's face...

« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 09:22:56 am by Prinz Eugen »