Author Topic: SubVersion Anime Festival! (crossposted from news forum)  (Read 8267 times)

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
SubVersion Anime Festival! (crossposted from news forum)
« on: June 14, 2008, 03:58:18 pm »
I'm pleased to announce the SubVersion anime festival, August 2, at the Bagdad theater!

Visit our website, read our FAQ, and I'll see you at the festival!

Offline kalira

• Chibi
Re: SubVersion Anime Festival! (crossposted from news forum)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 09:26:39 am »
This looks cool, but is it really 40 bucks for one day at door?  That seems kinda steap.

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 10:56:51 am »
Don't forget, we will feed you! It's 30 in advance, and that includes meals.  A burger and fries and a drink at a McMenamins will typically set you back at least $12.  And you're getting lunch and dinner! Om nom nom!

Offline kalira

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 12:08:03 pm »
Oh, I just looked at the flier posted here and did not see that.  That does change things a bit.

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 12:29:08 pm »
Also, if you look in the news thread, there are more details and a $5 off coupon. If you reg by the 20th, you'll get the whole shabang for $25. :D

The danger of double posting, I guess.
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 12:38:28 pm »

The danger of double posting, I guess.

My bad. 

For all your questions, see our website for details!

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 06:18:49 am »
You know the price is a bit high.. but I do live close and have yet to visit the baghdad. You can most likely count me in unless I have an airsoft game then. When does pre-reg end?

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 08:58:53 am »
You can receive the $25 price until June 20 with the coupon. Prereg at $30 ends on July 20. If you come to the door with a good condition manga, the price is $35, and without, its $40.

The price included meals all day. That's lunch and dinner for all, and a drink and dessert time for the over 21 crowd. Considering that, I really think the price is dirt cheap. I think the problem is that con-goers aren't used to having the meals included. I'm excited to be able to eat (and drink) at the venue without having to leave the programming in search of Taco Bell. What do you think?

All of this info is on the site. Pi's really working hard on this, so if you have other questions, why not take a peek? It really is beautiful. (and I helped!) Of course, you can post questions here, too. I'm checking in for Pi while he's out of town, so I can get back right away. :)
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 09:50:02 am »
in unless I have an airsoft game then.

what is?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 10:32:47 am »
in unless I have an airsoft game then.

what is?

what is airsoft? Its like paint ball... only no paint... and little bb like balls... and cooler guns... and more teamwork... ok so it only very remotely like paint ball but its fun.

<to Daxe> ... if you have an airsoft team, bring them :) ... everyone should have a shot at watching anime (especially paranoia agent) on a big screen and eating tasty good food... no pun intended.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 10:37:42 am by Darkerlight »
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 11:06:19 am »
..my airsoft team is named mithril... yeah.. after THAT mithril. Same patch. Yeah we all love anime :D Ill try to get them to come. and yeah, airsoft > paintball.

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 10:31:04 am »
You can probably expect at least three if not four including myself to come from my airsoft team.
I assume cosplay is encouraged as a number of our guys would like to show up in our regular OD, maybe with tac gear.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 10:50:17 am »
that would be neat
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 11:14:06 am »
Question:
If I pre-reg before the 20th and get the $30 price can I also bring a manga to the door and get $5 off? Or is that strickly for the at the door charge?

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 11:42:13 am »
The $5 off with a manga is designed to give a break those who register at the door only. Remember, if you register before this Friday, the cost is only $25 with the "kumori" coupon code, no manga necessary. Also, we do group rates! PM me.

btw - All Manga are for donation to the MEWcon manga library.

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 07:00:14 pm »
You can probably expect at least three if not four including myself to come from my airsoft team.
I assume cosplay is encouraged as a number of our guys would like to show up in our regular OD, maybe with tac gear.

Excellent! Gear is good :D The more cosplay the better -even if gear isn't cosplay, it's still cool!-
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 09:36:38 am »
***This is the LAST DAY for the $5 off coupon! Registrations after this will be $30 until June 20.***

@Daxe LOL Absolutely! Cosplay is very encouraged. Lolita Fashion as well. Dreamland will be selling Lolita fashion at the event.

While I'm on the topic, here's our vendor table line up -
Dreamland will also be selling Lolita purses and accessories, Obitsu doll clothing, and Fanart Fimo chibis.

We're also supporting our friends The Slants by selling copies of their CD, and our guest Roland Kelts by selling copies of his book, Japanamerica. There will be a raffle for a limited edition scale model of Inara's shuttle from Firefly as well, because I can. :D

M.E.W. will be selling T-shirts and merchandise related to the MEWcon awesome. Those of you who haven't heard about this cross genre con, go to www.mewcon.com.

Sakura-con approached us for a table trade, so they will be taking pre-registrations for 2009 at their table. Early is always the best time to register!

The DDR pad is custom made by Dancing Tofu. If you like what you see, you can talk to Tofu in person to place an order.

That's it for now. I'll post any updates to the SubVersion site.

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 05:42:19 pm »
I have my tix... all 4! heheheheee...
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2008, 11:58:41 am »

you have lots of friends :)
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 11:59:29 pm »

you have lots of friends :)

Yeah, I cheated... I'm bringing my friend and her lil brother. He's a cool kid, just graduated, loves anime and is hearing impaired... Couldn't think of a better grad gift, lol ;)
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2008, 01:55:38 am »
Bump,

please join us :D
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 06:27:10 pm »
Can't wait for this! I have two tickets, and Ari is coming with me for it!  :D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 06:49:17 pm by CatchxMe »

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 12:16:45 pm »
Shameless bump!

Actually, an fyi.

Kids 12 and under are FREE from noon to 5pm. Food is still free for everyone.

Yes, you can still purchase your tickets from the Dreamland Japan online store, but they will not be mailed to you. (You won't get them in time. :)) If you want to get in on the $30 tier, you'll need to place your order on the site, then bring the invoice. Your tickets will be waiting for you at the event.

See you there!
Meg-naminous